Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Friday Five!  (Read 407897 times)

• Liked: 768
Re: Friday Five!
« Reply #4800 on: February 23, 2018, 09:58:29 AM »
1. This is my first Friday Five!

2. I'm off of work today. So is husband.  He's already on my nerves. It's too early to engage in his tomfoolery.

3. Got tickets to see The Proclaimers in December. I had to get up early to get them. I'm still crabbit.

4. I only have 3 more work days until I'm on holiday! I miss my kids and it's so hard to be away from them.

5. My cat is rolling around on the floor waiting for his da to give him his breakfast.  He makes me laugh.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #4801 on: February 23, 2018, 10:02:31 AM »

2. I'm off of work today. So is husband.  He's already on my nerves. It's too early to engage in his tomfoolery.

3. Got tickets to see The Proclaimers in December. I had to get up early to get them. I'm still crabbit.

4. I only have 3 more work days until I'm on holiday! I miss my kids and it's so hard to be away from them.

5. My cat is rolling around on the floor waiting for his da to give him his breakfast.  He makes me laugh.

Welcome to Friday Five!

My cat has been sooooo mad at me for returning to work.  Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday evening he sat in my husband's lap all evening in protest.  He actually graced me with his presence last night.   ;D

He has fully forgiven me at night and still lays on me while I sleep.  Just holding a grudge in the evening.

• Liked: 1327
« Reply #4802 on: February 23, 2018, 10:28:28 AM »

Yay!  Welcome to Friday Five!  Have a great trip next week!  Eat all the things in remembrance of your US brethren and sestren (that should be a word!) who are not going to be there so they can't eat the food.

KF!  I'm sorry the baby is sick in this of all weeks.  That is not a nice way to start off your return to work.  But I'm so glad your husband realizes the importance of letting your career re-establish itself before you have to be the one to stay home with a sick child.  I'm also annoyed at his work.

But yay!  You listed all kinds of reasons to throw it in and try again later, but finished with how you love being back in work!  You really do love it (and your job must be a good fit!)...  I'm so happy for you.  :)

1.  My husband comes home tonight!

2.  I only have to say that three more times after this!  And that third time... oh my gosh, it's going to be an amazing day.

3.  Early this week, I thought I could almost smell Spring outside.  Then I saw "polar vortex" in the news and looked at the forecast.  Just when I thought it was safe to leave the space heaters off... *headshake*

4.  I have decided to call my uninvited visitor Ninja Mouse, because I rarely hear him anymore, and I don't see signs he's been around unless he gets into the food waste bin for a feast. (One night he ate a third of a mouldy tortilla that I'd tossed in there!   Little guy can really eat.)  But I know he's still around.  There are subtle little clues.

5.  I don't know what tasty noms we're having this weekend.  I had got in the habit of buying and freezing random meats (chicken breasts, diced beef, mince, etc.) to have as emergency meal-starters.  Then one day I had some leftovers to freeze and fitting them in was a juggling act.  So we're working through it all.  Bright side: my shopping will total under £200 for the month and we are certainly not deprived.
9/1/2013 - "fiancée" (marriage) visa issued
4/6/2013 - married (certificate issued same-day)
5/6/2013 - FLR(M)#1 in person -- approved!
8/1/2016 - FLR(M)#2 by post -- approved!
8/5/2018 - ILR in person -- approved!
22/11/2018 - Citizenship (online, with NDRS+JCAP) -- approved!
14/12/2018 - I became a British citizen.  :)

• Also known as PB&J ;-)
  • Liked: 839
« Reply #4803 on: February 23, 2018, 12:02:01 PM »
Welcome to Friday Five nctami72!  The Proclaimers put on a good live show.

KFDancer , my sister texted me the other day saying, "The best thing about coming back from vacation is coming back to my cat who is very pissed off at us and refusing to acknowledge our presence"  ;D

jfkimberly, that's going to be an amazing Friday Five when it's your husband's last day!

Happy Friday folks.

1.) Work sucks. Sorry folks, this may be a reoccurring theme.   [smiley=end.gif]

2.) I stayed up waaaaaaaaaaaaay past my bedtime reading. I'm so tired today.   [smiley=sleeping2.gif]

3.) Going to Caithness to play a gig on Sunday  [smiley=guitarist.gif]

4.) Hubby still painting walls and will now be building all kinds of shelving in our utility room.   [smiley=smash.gif]

5.) Too cold to get out and garden - even though it will be dry. Will probably clean the garage tomorrow. Whee......  [smiley=shifty.gif]
I've never gotten food on my underpants!
Work permit (2007) to British Citizen (2014)
You're stuck with me!

« Reply #4804 on: February 23, 2018, 12:48:06 PM »
jfkimberly, that's going to be an amazing Friday Five when it's your husband's last day!

2.) I stayed up waaaaaaaaaaaaay past my bedtime reading. I'm so tired today.   [smiley=sleeping2.gif]

4.) Hubby still painting walls and will now be building all kinds of shelving in our utility room.   [smiley=smash.gif]

I am so stupidly excited for the day he comes home for good.

I stayed up too late reading last night, too.  I found this crowd-sourced sci-fi novel on CNET and it totally got my geek on.  I love the concept of the crowd-sourced story, and I'm enjoying the story.  https://www.cnet.com/crowd-control/

Can never have too many shelves.  Seriously.  The painting is cosmetic, but those shelves are a good thing.

• Liked: 584
« Reply #4805 on: February 23, 2018, 01:07:52 PM »

Yay!!

I saw them once -- along with every Scot in London -- that was pure amazing!!

• Liked: 768
« Reply #4806 on: February 23, 2018, 01:09:50 PM »
Yay!!

I saw them once -- along with every Scot in London -- that was pure amazing!!
So excited! The tickets sold out in less than 2 hours. My husband is stupid happy!

• Liked: 584
« Reply #4807 on: March 02, 2018, 08:46:50 AM »
1.  I MADE IT TO WORK!!
2.  It took nearly an hour to dig my car out of the snow, but once I got it on the road, everything was fine.
3.  So far it's only 2 of us in work, and we are the 2 who live furthest away!  My colleague is over there muttering under her breath about all the people who live here in Clydebank had bloody well better turn up for their work GRRRRRRRR!
4.  I packed a ham & cheese sandwich and a couple of brownies that I baked yesterday, so wont have to try and get out for lunch.
5.  Stay safe and warm, everyone!  And if you are driving today, even if it's daylight, please put your lights on so that other road users can work out which cars are abandoned and which are likely to be moving.  Yes Mr BMW driver, Mr Audi driver, Miss Fiat 500 and Mr white van... this means YOU!!!

« Reply #4808 on: March 02, 2018, 08:48:48 AM »
No preamble.

1.  My husband came home yesterday!

2.  My grocery order didn't  (Tesco blocked the day off... hoping for today).

3.  We're up to the start of Finals week in last year's Masterchef... bingeing on a food show seems a bit wrong.  But here we are.

4.  A week ago, my friend (who had similar health issues to me) finished her last email with "Everybody is getting sick around me.  Pray I don't get it."  Three days later she was in hospital.  Two nights ago she passed away. It was flu that progressed to pneumonia.  Her tiny lungs couldn't cope.

5.  Yesterday had been a really (censored) day, and I was trying very hard to stay distracted online (there were some great threads here keeping me happy... thanks, guys!), but then my husband surprised me by coming home early.  Perfect timing.  *dreamy sigh*

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #4809 on: March 02, 2018, 08:52:44 AM »
wow, so sorry about your friend jfkimberly...

« Reply #4810 on: March 02, 2018, 09:06:02 AM »
wow, so sorry about your friend jfkimberly...

Thanks, larrabee.  It's always been a thing we knew could happen in the backs of our minds.  It still just really stunned me when it actually happened.  She's the friend I got my first and only tattoo with.  In fact, she paid for it to help convince me to do it.  (My rules for living had always been to take every opportunity, but no permanent marks or paper trail -- she made me break my rule. :) .)
« Last Edit: March 02, 2018, 09:07:54 AM by jfkimberly »

• Also known as PB&J ;-)
« Reply #4811 on: March 02, 2018, 10:20:50 AM »
Good going Albatross!!! Hardy soul!!!

I'm so very sorry about your friend jfkimberly  :\\\'( :\\\'(

1.) Well not much weather to talk about here. Fine by me. [smiley=2thumbsup.gif]

2.) J continuing on the shelves this weekend. It's not just any old shelving, it's actually a transformation of the utility room. [smiley=smash.gif] I will try and post some pictures of before and after, if it's worth much cop  ;)

3.) All day brass band rehearsal tomorrow as we gear up to compete in the Scottish Brass Band Championship next week.  We were sounding awful last night as a band and our poor conductor was getting very frustrated with us. I don't blame him, it's frustrating to me too.  Members haven't been putting in the time they need to with individual practise and it really shows. Not much time left. Well guys, don't moan when we don't place well.   [smiley=behead.gif]

4.) We're Pot Lucking (although no one is calling it that, obviously), our lunch tomorrow.  Not a clue what I should bring. I need something quick to make tonight. Any ideas? Looking for something healthy and salad like, as I know
there will be piles of sausage rolls and quiche and cake.   [smiley=angel.gif]

5.) Not much on for Sunday, hopefully a wee bit of rest will be on the cards. I'm not good at resting, so I'm sure I will instead be cleaning and organising and going to the dump.   [smiley=dizzy2.gif]
« Last Edit: March 02, 2018, 10:22:08 AM by phatbeetle »
You're stuck with me!

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #4812 on: March 02, 2018, 10:52:45 AM »
Oh JF, I am so so sorry about your friend.  Truly awful.

PB, what about a tomato, basil, and mozzarella salad?  Though I suspect you want something your hubby can eat....   ;)

1.  One of my aunt's BFF's passed away this week.  She was never the picture of health, but still - she was 60.  They say young girls need "Childless Mothers" in their life and Kathy was definitely one of those formidable women to me.  I am fortunate to have had several Childless Mothers growing up but she was definitely a stand out.

2.  I made it into work no problem this morning.  I will abandon ship if it starts dumping down this afternoon as forecast.

3.  The heating seems to be fixed.  My husband replaced the part he suspected and it's been like the tropics in our house ever since.  I'm grateful to have a hubby that knows this stuff.

4.  I am ready for this week to be over.  I feel like it's been a bit of a waste.

5.  I wish I was at home with a cat on my lap.

• Liked: 1891
« Reply #4813 on: March 02, 2018, 11:00:24 AM »
Hey JF kimberley, very sorry to hear about your friend. 

Hey Phatbeetle, why don't you try that white trash orange recipe I posted a while back? It's perfect for pot luck because they are individual half oranges and can be easily grabbed.  And there won't be anything like them on the table
My Friday few:
--Star Trek night tonight.  I think Disco is in between seasons so TNG it is. My girl is campaigning to watch Once Upon a time instead but I would rather kick in the TV
-- The girl is going to a birthday party at the most expensive restaurant around.  The friend's parents are seriously TOWIE and can't figure out how stupid it is to take 14 Year olds to an expensive restaurant. They would be happier at Pizza Express! 
--Gonna fly my drone this weekend

• Also known as PB&J ;-)
« Reply #4814 on: March 02, 2018, 02:41:55 PM »
Ohh, what was in that again Jimbo? Sounds like fun!
You're stuck with me!

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab