Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Friday Five!  (Read 410134 times)

• Liked: 957
Re: Friday Five!
« Reply #5100 on: May 11, 2018, 10:38:14 AM »
Aww. Yay for another UKYer obtaining ILR.

1. Yay. Friday! I didn't have a bank holiday so this week has felt extra long.

2. I asked my husband if we could plan a trip in the fall to see my family. His brother is coming here at some point so we just need those dates and can start looking at flights. Adjusting has been hard and I am worried about my mom.

3. I love my kitchen window garden. It's so nice to be making dinner and look over and just cut herbs that make the dishes so much tastier.

4. My cat is the sweetest. We go to bed at the same time every night, and we have a blanket at the foot of the bed between us that's "hers". Like clockwork she jumps into her spot and gets all cozy about 20 minutes before we turn out the lights, and makes sure she's there when we wake up (even though she does do cat things during the night, we hear her occasionally). I love how punctual she is for her evening cuddles. :)

5. I think I'm visiting the Wokingham Market tomorrow. I want more fresh fruit, and need local honey cuz the hay-fever is making me want to claw my eyes. (I tried the raw honey from Sainsbury's but no luck in it helping.)

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #5101 on: May 11, 2018, 10:39:31 AM »
KFDancer, burn all the clothes and let your kids run around naked. Problem solved.

They might be little but DAMN my kids like to "play" with themselves.  Totally natural, I have no issue with it.  But I'm thinking others may.   ;D  Clothes reduce the frequency of play time!   ;)

• Liked: 1327
« Reply #5102 on: May 11, 2018, 10:41:45 AM »
They might be little but DAMN my kids like to "play" with themselves.  Totally natural, I have no issue with it.  But I'm thinking others may.   ;D  Clothes reduce the frequency of play time!   ;)

Ugh.  Parenting is hard.  You don't want to shame them, but you also have to teach them there's a time and place.  Awkward stuff is awkward!  Good luck with that!  *runs away*
9/1/2013 - "fiancée" (marriage) visa issued
4/6/2013 - married (certificate issued same-day)
5/6/2013 - FLR(M)#1 in person -- approved!
8/1/2016 - FLR(M)#2 by post -- approved!
8/5/2018 - ILR in person -- approved!
22/11/2018 - Citizenship (online, with NDRS+JCAP) -- approved!
14/12/2018 - I became a British citizen.  :)

• Liked: 1891
« Reply #5103 on: May 11, 2018, 10:44:49 AM »
Well... I'm the mom and those are his sisters.  And it's my sons fiances vagina they were discussing.  Lol

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Sorry, I'm trying to keep up.  Son Of Sailor told me he's got a chart on the wall for reference.  Like a family tree, your bruised pubis is at the top and then there are lines from there.  He's working on the interpretive dance to go with it. 

• Liked: 1891
« Reply #5104 on: May 11, 2018, 10:48:12 AM »

Reminds me of my college roommate.  Ugh.  Finally I developed a long door knocking and warning routine before entering. 

• Also known as PB&J ;-)
  • Liked: 844
« Reply #5105 on: May 11, 2018, 10:57:28 AM »

Ahh, yes, of course.... Toddlerhood.....  ;)
I've never gotten food on my underpants!
Work permit (2007) to British Citizen (2014)
You're stuck with me!

• Liked: 585
« Reply #5106 on: May 18, 2018, 07:15:45 AM »
1.  PAYDAY!!!
2.  Coconut Flat White from Costa....mmm!
3.  5 more weeks, and then I'm off work for my fortnight
4.  Bringing home Burger King tonight at OH's request... we like that Bacon King burger with the 8 rashers of bacon on it.
5.  SO HAPPY!!!  Just found out that one of the awful, despicable managers at work has got a new job and will be OFFSKI in 6 weeks time!!! #ding dong, the witch is dead#
« Last Edit: May 18, 2018, 07:43:49 AM by Albatross »

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #5107 on: May 18, 2018, 08:58:44 AM »
Love your #5 Albatross.  Been there - done that.  And it is AMAZING when the witch is dead!!

1.  ONE MORE SLEEP UNTIL HOLIDAY!!!!!  (Croatia)
2.  I still have nothing for my husband to open on his 40th birthday.  Ooops.
3.  I am going to miss my cat terribly.
4.  We had an architect around to start the ball rolling on an extension!!
5.  Big day of negotiations on Tuesday that I will miss at work.  They need to have everything they could want from me today - so back to work!!

• Liked: 768
« Reply #5108 on: May 18, 2018, 09:03:31 AM »
Love your #5 Albatross.  Been there - done that.  And it is AMAZING when the witch is dead!!

2.  I still have nothing for my husband to open on his 40th birthday.  Ooops.
3.  I am going to miss my cat terribly.
4.  We had an architect around to start the ball rolling on an extension!!
5.  Big day of negotiations on Tuesday that I will miss at work.  They need to have everything they could want from me today - so back to work!!
Have a fantastico time in Croatia and tell us all about it.

I just mentioned a trip to Croatia to my daughters for next year. They could fly here then we all go on an all inclusive to Croatia or maybe Greece.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

• Also known as PB&J ;-)
« Reply #5109 on: May 18, 2018, 10:02:46 AM »
Yay, albatross, number 5 is great!!!

KFDancer, how did you get on with the architect?

Happy Friday ya'll!

1.) 21C on Saturday. Summer!!!! Yay!!!  O0

2.) Hopefully getting some new bicycles this weekend.  J and I are doing a 50 mile charity road cycle in August and we only own mountain bikes. [smiley=mickey.gif]

3.)  I just love that I leave my house on my bike and five seconds later I'm in glorious countryside with epic views. So many sheep and cows and horses and chickens and trees and rivers and wildlife.  I'm definitely not a city or town person in any way, shape or form.   [smiley=smitten.gif]

4.) Gardening, gardening, gardening. Luckily I love it.   [smiley=daisy.gif]

5.) Have my work trip to China all booked now.  2 weeks and going to be pretty manic.  Not to mention I'm in the US for a holiday, back in the UK for a few days and then off to China. Jet lag central.  [smiley=dizzy2.gif]
You're stuck with me!

• Liked: 1327
« Reply #5110 on: May 18, 2018, 11:59:11 AM »
3.  5 more weeks, and then I'm off work for my fortnight
5.  SO HAPPY!!!  Just found out that one of the awful, despicable managers at work has got a new job and will be OFFSKI in 6 weeks time!!! #ding dong, the witch is dead#

So you'll go away for your holiday and when you come back, that manager won't be there anymore!  Makes coming back a little bit easier!

5.) Have my work trip to China all booked now.  2 weeks and going to be pretty manic.  Not to mention I'm in the US for a holiday, back in the UK for a few days and then off to China. Jet lag central.  [smiley=dizzy2.gif]

Everybody is all, "Holiday!" and I'm over here like, "My husband can't take a day off to drive me to an NCS appointment..."

My Five:
1. Strawberry daiquiris tonight because I bought too many strawberries a month ago and they're taking up room in the freezer!  It's such a hard life.  ;)
2. I'm about to put some pork shoulder in the slow-cooker so we can have chimichangas again.  Nom!  It's too late to start the pork shoulder, so I think it'll be chicken ones, or we'll do something else.  Spent the morning in chat support with Samsung.
3. My phone is so toast that it is attempt-to-salvage-data time.  Apparently, this update was bad for a number of S7 owners.  I'm not alone, but nobody has been able to fix theirs without a factory reset, and for some people the factory reset didn't help.  I'm worried I'll be one of those.  At the least, I've lost all the files I didn't email to myself.  Backup your data, people!  Routine updates can brick your phone, it turns out.
4. My husband's grandparents asked what the cost of my citizenship application was, and when we told them, they offered to pay for it.  I will not say no to that!  So now I'm going to opt to have a private ceremony in Bristol so I can invite them to attend if they'd like.  Yay!
5. I have decided to give my husband a wooden pizza peel with a custom inlay design in it for anni-birthday present.  I got some advice from the Uuni community and have determined that after the peel is done, I can apply mineral oil to it to protect it, and the dough shouldn't stick.  Just need to decide what design to put on it, now.  I'm thinking Domo with a chef's hat and a big mustache so he'll look like an Italian caricature.  It needs more, though.
9/1/2013 - "fiancée" (marriage) visa issued
4/6/2013 - married (certificate issued same-day)
5/6/2013 - FLR(M)#1 in person -- approved!
8/1/2016 - FLR(M)#2 by post -- approved!
8/5/2018 - ILR in person -- approved!
22/11/2018 - Citizenship (online, with NDRS+JCAP) -- approved!
14/12/2018 - I became a British citizen.  :)

• Liked: 957
« Reply #5111 on: May 18, 2018, 12:03:26 PM »
PB, that China trip sounds insane!

Jealous about the trip to Croatia, I'm sure your husband will just be happy to have the family vacation somewhere lovely for his birthday KFD. Looking forward to living vicariously through pictures when you're back!

1. Whatever slipped out of place in my back seems to have finally gone back and the resulting inflammation is going down. Thank goodness. Too many days of toes and thigh and hands alternating between numb and stabbing pains wasn't fun. I really hope seeing a different GP will get all my pain meds refillable. I don't need them daily, but if I run out the results are bad and this like this start happening more often. And I really need a local PT who can help put me back together.

2. Job interview Wednesday! The recruiter asked me to research competitors and be very enthusiastic about the business. I mean, I'll do my best and "fake it til you make it". Cuz yeah, not dream job, or anywhere close, but the tech is interesting and I need a job.

3. I discovered Belvoir Farms beverages/cordials. These are magic and not full of crap! I can't drink full strength sodas cuz they're too high sugar, but it's nice to have something flavourful to mix in soda water.

4. Royal wedding this weekend. I think I'll watch on TV and see if I spot the locals in the crowds ;)

5. I started making calls for driving lessons. I still never feel safe driving around here with speed limits never posted. And putting on your left turn signal on a roundabout feels weird so I want to make sure I do that appropriately! I have the DVLA app and am working through it.

• Also known as PB&J ;-)
« Reply #5112 on: May 18, 2018, 12:06:10 PM »
4. My husband's grandparents asked what the cost of my citizenship application was, and when we told them, they offered to pay for it.  I will not say no to that!  So now I'm going to opt to have a private ceremony in Bristol so I can invite them to attend if they'd like.  Yay!

That's awesome!!
You're stuck with me!

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #5113 on: May 18, 2018, 12:18:37 PM »

This is fantastic! How absolutely lovely of them to do that!  :D Congratulations!  ;D

• Liked: 1260
« Reply #5114 on: May 18, 2018, 12:19:46 PM »

Everybody is all, "Holiday!" and I'm over here like, "My husband can't take a day off to drive me to an NCS appointment..."

My Five:
1. Strawberry daiquiris tonight because I bought too many strawberries a month ago and they're taking up room in the freezer!  It's such a hard life.  ;)

Yeah I literally cannot wait for my holiday! it's taking WAY too long!!

tough life indeed! haha how do you make your daiquiris?
My, how time flies....

* Married in the US and applied for first spousal visa August 2013
* Moved to the UK on said visa October 2013
* FLR(M) applied for  May 2016. Biometrics requested June 2016. Approval given July 2016.
* ILR applied for January 2019 (using priority processing). Approved February 2019.
* Citizenship applied for May  2019
* Citizenship approved on July 4th 2019
* Ceremony conducted on August 28th 2019

'Mommy, Wow! I'm a legit Brit now!'

Sponsored Links