Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Friday Five!  (Read 410214 times)

• Liked: 585
Re: Friday Five!
« Reply #5115 on: May 18, 2018, 12:32:07 PM »
3.)  I just love that I leave my house on my bike and five seconds later I'm in glorious countryside with epic views. So many sheep and cows and horses and chickens and trees and rivers and wildlife.  I'm definitely not a city or town person in any way, shape or form.   [smiley=smitten.gif]

I love this too.  I have 2 choices for journeys to/from work... one is down the side of Loch Lomond, which is very scenic and takes me past this farm with free-range chickens and pheasants out in the fields, and then has a drive-through Costa a few miles further along!  The other is down the Clyde coast, so lovely river/firth views and lots of pastures full of horses, sheep and cattle... the lambs and calves are so cute!!  It also takes me past a field with about 10 or 12 miniature ponies... tiny wee things, they are!  And then there is a drive-through McDonalds for a coffee a bit further along.  So I kind of get the best of town *and* country!

• Liked: 957
« Reply #5116 on: May 18, 2018, 12:37:00 PM »
I love this too.  I have 2 choices for journeys to/from work... one is down the side of Loch Lomond, which is very scenic and takes me past this farm with free-range chickens and pheasants out in the fields, and then has a drive-through Costa a few miles further along!  The other is down the Clyde coast, so lovely river/firth views and lots of pastures full of horses, sheep and cattle... the lambs and calves are so cute!!  It also takes me past a field with about 10 or 12 miniature ponies... tiny wee things, they are!  And then there is a drive-through McDonalds for a coffee a bit further along.  So I kind of get the best of town *and* country!
Aww. Both of those sound lovely!

• Liked: 1327
« Reply #5117 on: May 18, 2018, 01:08:29 PM »
Yeah I literally cannot wait for my holiday! it's taking WAY too long!!

tough life indeed! haha how do you make your daiquiris?

I'll tell you tomorrow, after we've done it!  Alls I know is I bought two pots of strawberries about a month ago because they were on special offer.  We made a strawberry trifle with one of them, and the other were going soft, so I cored them and froze them.  I'm tired of them taking up space in the freezer, so my husband suggested strawberry daiquiris.  I'm happy to try!  :)
9/1/2013 - "fiancée" (marriage) visa issued
4/6/2013 - married (certificate issued same-day)
5/6/2013 - FLR(M)#1 in person -- approved!
8/1/2016 - FLR(M)#2 by post -- approved!
8/5/2018 - ILR in person -- approved!
22/11/2018 - Citizenship (online, with NDRS+JCAP) -- approved!
14/12/2018 - I became a British citizen.  :)

• Liked: 1260
« Reply #5118 on: May 18, 2018, 01:39:41 PM »
I'll tell you tomorrow, after we've done it!  Alls I know is I bought two pots of strawberries about a month ago because they were on special offer.  We made a strawberry trifle with one of them, and the other were going soft, so I cored them and froze them.  I'm tired of them taking up space in the freezer, so my husband suggested strawberry daiquiris.  I'm happy to try!  :)

when my SIL was staying with us for a few months, she bought this MASSIVE batch of bananas because it was a huge bag on offer for a very low price as they were going off soon...so she sliced them and bagged them and put them in our freezer....I still randomly come across bags of bananas we need to use up! lol Pina Coladas anyone?
My, how time flies....

* Married in the US and applied for first spousal visa August 2013
* Moved to the UK on said visa October 2013
* FLR(M) applied for  May 2016. Biometrics requested June 2016. Approval given July 2016.
* ILR applied for January 2019 (using priority processing). Approved February 2019.
* Citizenship applied for May  2019
* Citizenship approved on July 4th 2019
* Ceremony conducted on August 28th 2019

'Mommy, Wow! I'm a legit Brit now!'

« Reply #5119 on: May 18, 2018, 01:45:33 PM »
when my SIL was staying with us for a few months, she bought this MASSIVE batch of bananas because it was a huge bag on offer for a very low price as they were going off soon...so she sliced them and bagged them and put them in our freezer....I still randomly come across bags of bananas we need to use up! lol Pina Coladas anyone?

Let's do frozen cocktails!  You do pina coladas, we'll do the strawberry daiquiris.  Sounds very tropical and festive.

KoD, I put a topic in Arts and Entertainment for you.  Don't let me down.  :P

• Liked: 1260
« Reply #5120 on: May 18, 2018, 02:11:07 PM »
Let's do frozen cocktails!  You do pina coladas, we'll do the strawberry daiquiris.  Sounds very tropical and festive.

KoD, I put a topic in Arts and Entertainment for you.  Don't let me down.  :P

We can even crossover and have Strawberry-Banana Boozes.

Heading over to A&E now.... (the non-emergency version of A&E....)
My, how time flies....

* Married in the US and applied for first spousal visa August 2013
* Moved to the UK on said visa October 2013
* FLR(M) applied for  May 2016. Biometrics requested June 2016. Approval given July 2016.
* ILR applied for January 2019 (using priority processing). Approved February 2019.
* Citizenship applied for May  2019
* Citizenship approved on July 4th 2019
* Ceremony conducted on August 28th 2019

'Mommy, Wow! I'm a legit Brit now!'

« Reply #5121 on: May 18, 2018, 02:17:33 PM »
We can even crossover and have Strawberry-Banana Boozes.

Heading over to A&E now.... (the non-emergency version of A&E....)

Yes, this is the much better type of A&E!  (Unless you actually need A&E, in which case, it's good to be able to access it.)

• Liked: 1891
« Reply #5122 on: May 18, 2018, 03:48:11 PM »

My Friday has been pretty sucky.  First thing I got a call from useless Agent telling me that the contract I signed ysterday had the wrong rate on it and they actually want to pay me A LOT less.  No thanks looser.  3 days wasted and one hot interview in a miserable place. 

I also went to the Dental Hygenist for the first time in 11 years.  She started off by giving me Two shots of novacaine!  Then she freaked out and gave me grief for drinking fizzy water and chewing ice, then did all kinds of horrible stuff to my teeth.  I'm being punished by having to go back in 3 months to ensure that I am flossing, which I hate, hate, hate.  I've got a mouth full of grit.  And I can't drink any more fizzy water during the news. 

Tonight is Star Trek Night, we've also got a massive Toblerone for desert.   

The wife is out of town and my girl is going trapezing saturday and sunday.  Whatever happened to kids just playing outdoors?  Mine has decided unless we are paying £25 she won't do any exercise. 

« Reply #5123 on: May 18, 2018, 03:51:34 PM »
My Friday has been pretty sucky.  First thing I got a call from useless Agent telling me that the contract I signed ysterday had the wrong rate on it and they actually want to pay me A LOT less.  No thanks looser.  3 days wasted and one hot interview in a miserable place. 

I also went to the Dental Hygenist for the first time in 11 years.  She started off by giving me Two shots of novacaine!  Then she freaked out and gave me grief for drinking fizzy water and chewing ice, then did all kinds of horrible stuff to my teeth.  I'm being punished by having to go back in 3 months to ensure that I am flossing, which I hate, hate, hate.  I've got a mouth full of grit.  And I can't drink any more fizzy water during the news. 

The wife is out of town and my girl is going trapezing saturday and sunday.  Whatever happened to kids just playing outdoors?  Mine has decided unless we are paying £25 she won't do any exercise.

Why is fizzy water bad?  I should think the Tolberone would be far worse than a bit of fizzy water.  I understand the ice thing... I had an orthodontist who accused me of chewing ice when the cement holding my expander cracked and I was able to pull the expender out of my mouth.  Then they went on at length about how chewing ice was bad for your teeth.  The whole time, I was all, "But I didn't... I rarely even use ice!"

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #5124 on: May 18, 2018, 03:55:44 PM »
So I kind of get the best of town *and* country!

Perfect!  ;D

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #5125 on: May 18, 2018, 04:01:48 PM »

WHAT?!?!  Does this mean no job starting on Monday?!?

• Also known as PB&J ;-)
  • Liked: 844
« Reply #5126 on: May 18, 2018, 04:09:45 PM »
Well that sounds awful Jimbo!!  :\\\'( :\\\'(

So I kind of get the best of town *and* country!

Aww that sounds nice too  :D 
I've never gotten food on my underpants!
Work permit (2007) to British Citizen (2014)
You're stuck with me!

• Liked: 957
« Reply #5127 on: May 18, 2018, 04:14:43 PM »

Do you have plain fizzy water or the flavoured type? It's only bad for teeth if flavoured.

I'm sorry about the contract :( but I'm sure it's good you aren't stuck with a company willing to pull that!

Sent from my Pixel C using Tapatalk

• Liked: 1891
« Reply #5128 on: May 18, 2018, 04:36:55 PM »
WHAT?!?!  Does this mean no job starting on Monday?!?

That's it.  Mrs Jimbo is taking the news heroically.  You were right, tensions have increased since I'm around more and needing to use the good computer all the time. 

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #5129 on: May 18, 2018, 04:40:54 PM »
That's it.  Mrs Jimbo is taking the news heroically.  You were right, tensions have increased since I'm around more and needing to use the good computer all the time.

I am so so sorry.  How did they F up so bad?  Was it the company?  The recruiter?  I am so so so sorry.

But bonus for Mr. and Mrs. Seahorse!

Consider yourself lucky escaping that crap.

Sponsored Links