Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Friday Five!  (Read 410250 times)

• Liked: 3595
Re: Friday Five!
« Reply #5385 on: June 22, 2018, 03:48:04 PM »
1. While my neck/shoulder ache from last week is better, I woke up with a horrible headache this morning. I worked night shifts on Tues and Wed nights, and only had a combined 9.5 hours of sleep across both of them, so I needed a good night's sleep last night. Unfortunately, I woke up about 3:15am this morning, was awake for about an hour, but then went back to sleep until 7:30am... at which time I woke up with what I can only assume is an 'oversleeping' headache... and now my head and neck feel like they're being squeezed, and if I move too much my head pounds and I feel nauseous :(.

2. Because of the headache and nausea, I had to cancel my spinning class this morning and instead of enjoying the sunshine, I'm sitting on the sofa with the curtains drawn :(.

3. Looks like lovely warm weather for the next week though... my weather app says 24-26 degrees and sunny for the next 7 days.

4. And I really need to make the most of the warm weather, because in a few weeks, I'll be in the Falklands, where currently it's -1 Celsius with snow showers!

5. Since last week, I found out I'm also going back to the Falklands in February next year. I volunteered for either the Falklands or Cyprus in 2019, and they assigned me the Falklands tour.

• Liked: 1891
« Reply #5386 on: June 22, 2018, 03:54:27 PM »
Wow, I'm very jealous of your upcoming internet speeds JF!!!

Margo, my boy is 17.5 and every night he brings all the toys he can find and drops them all over me.  Makes me feel very very loved!!!

Husband or cat?

• Liked: 1327
« Reply #5387 on: June 22, 2018, 04:55:42 PM »
ksand24, do you have a history of migraines?  Because that sounds like a migraine triggered by disruption of your sleep cycle.  I don't know what meds you have tried, but you might try a healthy (read: unhealthy) dose of caffeine* along with some NSAIDs.

*If you already had an unhealthy dose of caffeine before the onset of the headache, it could have triggered it, in which case, do not have more caffeine.  It's a funny drug and can either help or hurt, depending on the day.   ::)

Anyway, I hope you feel better soon.  If you develop a fever, seek medical treatment promptly... meningitis is no joke.
9/1/2013 - "fiancée" (marriage) visa issued
4/6/2013 - married (certificate issued same-day)
5/6/2013 - FLR(M)#1 in person -- approved!
8/1/2016 - FLR(M)#2 by post -- approved!
8/5/2018 - ILR in person -- approved!
22/11/2018 - Citizenship (online, with NDRS+JCAP) -- approved!
14/12/2018 - I became a British citizen.  :)

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #5388 on: June 22, 2018, 05:02:39 PM »
Husband or cat?

Cat.  Husband steals the covers and does not gift me with any presents... 

• Liked: 3595
« Reply #5389 on: June 22, 2018, 05:06:49 PM »
ksand24, do you have a history of migraines?  Because that sounds like a migraine triggered by disruption of your sleep cycle.  I don't know what meds you have tried, but you might try a healthy (read: unhealthy) dose of caffeine* along with some NSAIDs.

*If you already had an unhealthy dose of caffeine before the onset of the headache, it could have triggered it, in which case, do not have more caffeine.  It's a funny drug and can either help or hurt, depending on the day.   ::)

Yeah, I do get migraines, though not that often recently (maybe once or twice a year) and they're usually caused by hormones. I still have the headache, but the nausea seems to have gone now. I don't have any caffeine in the house, so sadly, I can't have any dose of it, let alone an unhealthy one :(.

The headache came on while I was asleep, somewhere between 4:30 and 7:30am this morning. I felt fine at 4:30 am, so I can only assume it was caused by going back to sleep (it's happened a couple of times recently, where I've woken around 4 or 5am, then I've gone back to sleep for a couple of hours and then have woken with a headache... those times though, the headache wasn't that bad and disappeared within a couple of hours).

« Reply #5390 on: June 22, 2018, 05:10:48 PM »
Yeah, I do get migraines, though not that often recently (maybe once or twice a year) and they're usually caused by hormones. I still have the headache, but the nausea seems to have gone now. I don't have any caffeine in the house, so sadly, I can't have any dose of it, let alone an unhealthy one :(.

The headache came on while I was asleep, somewhere between 4:30 and 7:30am this morning. I felt fine at 4:30 am, so I can only assume it was caused by going back to sleep (it's happened a couple of times recently, where I've woken around 4 or 5am, then I've gone back to sleep for a couple of hours and then have woken with a headache... those times though, the headache wasn't that bad and disappeared within a couple of hours).

Try to get a prescription for Maxalt!  Take it at the first sign of a migraine.  Game changer!

• Liked: 674
« Reply #5391 on: June 22, 2018, 05:13:51 PM »
1. While my neck/shoulder ache from last week is better, I woke up with a horrible headache this morning. I worked night shifts on Tues and Wed nights, and only had a combined 9.5 hours of sleep across both of them, so I needed a good night's sleep last night. Unfortunately, I woke up about 3:15am this morning, was awake for about an hour, but then went back to sleep until 7:30am... at which time I woke up with what I can only assume is an 'oversleeping' headache... and now my head and neck feel like they're being squeezed, and if I move too much my head pounds and I feel nauseous :(.

Any chance muscle tension has pulled a vertebra a bit out of alignment? I've had problems in the past with tight muscles causing pinched nerves in my neck that manifested in my head as explosively painful headaches. Was caused by laying on my side while watching tv too much with my head at a strained angle on my neck. Warm compresses helped relieve the pull on the spine, and then there was a "crack" and things went back to non-painful. Happened twice in the same year before I wised up and stopped watching TV like that.

My sympathies, whichever is the case! That is NO fun. Good luck with it.

• Liked: 957
« Reply #5392 on: June 22, 2018, 05:15:12 PM »
Try to get a prescription for Maxalt!  Take it at the first sign of a migraine.  Game changer!
Good to know they prescribe that here! My docs wanted me to try it but insurance wouldn't approve it in the states and I can't take imitrex. They wouldn't refill my naratriptan here so I'll go back and ask for maxalt.

I hope your migraine goes away soon ksand, and you get to enjoy the weather as much as you can!

• Liked: 537
« Reply #5393 on: June 22, 2018, 06:54:05 PM »

Maxalt is DA BOMB. I have the 10mg melty tabs (they taste horrible) but they work. They may make you sleepy, bit they are amazing.

I get the actual Maxalt brand, though they did ask me if I would switch to something else last time and I said why switch when something works?
The usual. American girl meets British guy. They fall into like, then into love. Then there was the big decision. The American traveled across the pond to join the Brit. And life was never the same again.

• Also known as PB&J ;-)
  • Liked: 844
« Reply #5394 on: June 24, 2018, 04:30:15 AM »
Definitely not a free holiday JFKimberly.  Just a 2 week work trip with lots of work and I had 1 day free (yesterday) and now we have to travel to another place in China for another busy week with lots of work.

Hard work travelling with the boss. He's definitely not warm, sociable, or able to hold conversations long. Spends a lot of the time staring into his phone. (It's not just me, three other coworkers who have travelled with him told me, in separate conversations, before I went that he's really hard work). 
Ha, he told me not to go out to the bars, because of 'fake' drink and it's 'unsafe'. So I wandered out Friday night and found a really awesome craft beer bar in a section of the city that is not touristy at all.  Was really awesome,got some great beer, watched the World Cup in Chinese and was chill!
He told me yesterday to go to a certain section of the city and to stay around that part. So I went somewhere completely different. 
I'm not good at following directions, hahaha.   :P

I did, through a series of drawings and sign language manage to get tickets to see the Hangzhou Philharmonic Orchestra last night and that was amazing.  Epic concert.

Now off to go travel will the boss again.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2018, 04:31:36 AM by phatbeetle »
I've never gotten food on my underpants!
Work permit (2007) to British Citizen (2014)
You're stuck with me!

• Also known as PB&J ;-)
  • Liked: 844
« Reply #5395 on: June 29, 2018, 07:26:18 AM »
Friday!

1.) Currently sitting in Heathrow airport, soon to be on my way to Gatwick to catch my next flight.  Almost home after my flight from Hong Kong last night.    [smiley=sleeping2.gif]

2.) Can't wait to see my husband, guinea pigs and chickens.

3.) Looks like nice weather (not too hot) this weekend.  Hoping I'm not too jet lagged so I can get out and weed the garden and go for a cycle.

4.)I've managed to find craft beer across my travels in China.  That was a lot of fun.
China is A LOT different than when I was there in 2005.   Still friendly and warm people and amazing food though.

5.) Home for 2 weeks and then to Ireland for 5 days for work.  I haven't travelled for work in ages and now, it's all coming at once. 
I've never gotten food on my underpants!
Work permit (2007) to British Citizen (2014)
You're stuck with me!

• Liked: 1260
Friday Five!
« Reply #5396 on: June 29, 2018, 08:11:05 AM »
Friday!

1.) Currently sitting in Heathrow airport, soon to be on my way to Gatwick to catch my next flight.  Almost home after my flight from Hong Kong last night.    [smiley=sleeping2.gif]

2.) Can't wait to see my husband, guinea pigs and chickens.

3.) Looks like nice weather (not too hot) this weekend.  Hoping I'm not too jet lagged so I can get out and weed the garden and go for a cycle.

4.)I've managed to find craft beer across my travels in China.  That was a lot of fun.
China is A LOT different than when I was there in 2005.   Still friendly and warm people and amazing food though.

5.) Home for 2 weeks and then to Ireland for 5 days for work.  I haven't travelled for work in ages and now, it's all coming at once.

Hope you get to enjoy your weekend with your husband and garden! (And your meal tonight ). You’re almost there!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My, how time flies....

* Married in the US and applied for first spousal visa August 2013
* Moved to the UK on said visa October 2013
* FLR(M) applied for  May 2016. Biometrics requested June 2016. Approval given July 2016.
* ILR applied for January 2019 (using priority processing). Approved February 2019.
* Citizenship applied for May  2019
* Citizenship approved on July 4th 2019
* Ceremony conducted on August 28th 2019

'Mommy, Wow! I'm a legit Brit now!'

« Reply #5397 on: June 29, 2018, 08:55:40 AM »
Welcome home PB!  I work close to Heathrow, so I'm waving!!  [smiley=smash.gif]

1.  Hoping to finish painting the left side of the fence this weekend.  It's the side we didn't replace and the paint has dripped through to the neighbors.  They were surprised with an Amazon delivery of "their" paint during the week, so we aren't in the doghouse.  But we need to get our side done so they can fix their side.   [smiley=dunce.gif]

2.  Hoping to get the newly clawed back area of lawn seeded this weekend.  We will have to water the garden next week though, so I expect lots of tutting.  But nothing better than this weather to germinate those seeds!

3.  Lots of parties this weekend.  I need to pick up a few things to take to each.

4.  I've lost nearly 10 pounds on my starvation diet.  I am happy to see results!  It's definitely tougher as I'm older and have had two kiddos.

5.  I wish my people at work would say "Sun's out - GO HOME."  A girl can dream.  ;)

« Reply #5398 on: June 29, 2018, 10:23:19 AM »

5.  I wish my people at work would say "Sun's out - GO HOME."  A girl can dream.  ;)

SUNS OUT! GO HOME! :D :D :D :D
My, how time flies....

* FLR(M) applied for  May 2016. Biometrics requested June 2016. Approval given July 2016.
* ILR applied for January 2019 (using priority processing). Approved February 2019.

« Reply #5399 on: June 29, 2018, 10:29:20 AM »
Dunno if I can get 5 out today but we'll see what we can do ::knuckle crack:: haha :)

1. Been working half days this week from home as my parents go back Monday. Today when I finish up, we'll be going to Guildford! Need to take them to Hummingbird Bakery (American cake shop) :D

2. Having in-laws around for dinner tonight and a "changing of the dogs" as they are off to Mexico tomorrow so we will watch their 3 dogs and will feed them tonight as they always feed us and my parents want to treat them to dinner. (I love my parents and this is going to sound AWFUL but I hate how they want to try to be close with my in-laws...but that's a separate issue). We'll be getting some cakes to enjoy tonight :D

3. American themed party tomorrow to say goodbye to a fellow expat who's repatriating with her family. Sad times as she's pretty awesome... Can't go for toooo long given my family is here but I want to go for at least a little bit as I've yet to be able to attend one of her awesome parties!

4. We had AMAZING Italian last night. Not the first time we've had it, but we seem to only ever have it when my parents are here to visit and it's phenomenal! It always makes me wonder why I don't go there more.

5. While I'm sad to see my parents go, I am happy to get back to my normal routine after this weekend :)
My, how time flies....

Sponsored Links