Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Friday Five!  (Read 407935 times)

• Liked: 4985
Re: Friday Five!
« Reply #5775 on: August 13, 2018, 10:30:57 AM »
KFDancer, you should say to BIL, "We can all go to a nice dinner if your parents agree to watch the kids for us". 

YESSSSSSSS!!!!!!!

• Liked: 1260
« Reply #5776 on: August 13, 2018, 10:42:03 AM »
KFDancer, you should say to BIL, "We can all go to a nice dinner if your parents agree to watch the kids for us".

The problem with that is if they call her bluff and somebody volunteers to babysit, she'll actually have to go to this dinner...
My, how time flies....

* Married in the US and applied for first spousal visa August 2013
* Moved to the UK on said visa October 2013
* FLR(M) applied for  May 2016. Biometrics requested June 2016. Approval given July 2016.
* ILR applied for January 2019 (using priority processing). Approved February 2019.
* Citizenship applied for May  2019
* Citizenship approved on July 4th 2019
* Ceremony conducted on August 28th 2019

'Mommy, Wow! I'm a legit Brit now!'

« Reply #5777 on: August 13, 2018, 10:44:03 AM »
The problem with that is if they call her bluff and somebody volunteers to babysit, she'll actually have to go to this dinner...

I'll go!  I really will.  I'm just not subjecting my poor kids to a fancy meal.  It's not my thing, but I'll still go along for the ride.

Though I'm tempted to say we can't afford it after paying for the BBQ.  BWAHAHAHAHAAA!

« Reply #5778 on: August 13, 2018, 10:44:46 AM »

Though I'm tempted to say we can't afford it after paying for the BBQ.  BWAHAHAHAHAAA!

haha that would have been EPIC
My, how time flies....

* FLR(M) applied for  May 2016. Biometrics requested June 2016. Approval given July 2016.
* ILR applied for January 2019 (using priority processing). Approved February 2019.

• Liked: 584
« Reply #5779 on: August 17, 2018, 06:53:26 AM »
1.  I dislike my new job
2.  I dislike my new car
3.  I know i'm lucky to have both a stable job and a nice car, so now I dislike myself for being such a poultice.
4.  No plans for the weekend.
5.  No money till Monday.

[smiley=dead.gif]

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #5780 on: August 17, 2018, 07:14:57 AM »
1.  I dislike my new job
2.  I dislike my new car
3.  I know i'm lucky to have both a stable job and a nice car, so now I dislike myself for being such a poultice.

[smiley=dead.gif]

At least it's Friday!  [smiley=hug.gif]

• Liked: 1327
« Reply #5781 on: August 17, 2018, 07:31:15 AM »
1.  I dislike my new job
2.  I dislike my new car

[smiley=dead.gif]

I'm sorry everything is so blah right now.  I do genuinely think you'll get over the new car thing, and one day when you have to get a new one again, you'll be really sad to let this one go.  It's like new shoes: there's always a little breaking-in period.
9/1/2013 - "fiancée" (marriage) visa issued
4/6/2013 - married (certificate issued same-day)
5/6/2013 - FLR(M)#1 in person -- approved!
8/1/2016 - FLR(M)#2 by post -- approved!
8/5/2018 - ILR in person -- approved!
22/11/2018 - Citizenship (online, with NDRS+JCAP) -- approved!
14/12/2018 - I became a British citizen.  :)

• Liked: 1891
« Reply #5782 on: August 17, 2018, 07:50:41 AM »
1.  I dislike my new job
2.  I dislike my new car

[smiley=dead.gif]
If I were around I'd take you out for a beer!

« Reply #5783 on: August 17, 2018, 08:04:55 AM »
My five:

1. The past couple of weeks have felt really busy, and I can't account for it.  Where is all my time going?!

2. I tried a thing in the workshop yesterday, sent a photo to my husband, and Mr. CriticalOfEverything (he was never on board with the pawprint stamp, for example) said, "That's nice!"  I will refine the idea today, but yay!  (Don't worry!  Mr. CriticalOfEverything won't stop me from trying out or pursuing designs... I don't get many creative ideas, so I can't let him stop me from trying the ones that do occur to me.)

3. Heading out to workshop is getting easier and easier with each improvement we make out there.  Yesterday, I just threw on my work clothes, grabbed a bottle of Coke, the keys, and my sunglasses, and that was all I needed.  Yay for improvements!  (Hopefully, we'll find a heating solution for out there before we start to need it.)

4. I think I figured out where all my time is going.   ::)

5.  My husband is no longer barred from taking holiday, and he's got random days of leave booked either side of various weekends, plus my birthday week, and when I told him about the revised meetup date (October 7th?), he said he's going to see if he can book the 8th off work so we can stay as late as we want.  Oh, for those who haven't seen it, it starts on this page:

https://talk.uk-yankee.com/index.php?topic=94346.480#msg=1245729

The details haven't been worked out fully, but Bristol area, early October, everybody who can get there.

« Reply #5784 on: August 17, 2018, 09:04:40 AM »
Oh Albatross!  I know you aren't in a good place, but your post did make me smile a bit!  We are all sending a beer and a hug!  And a puppy!

FRIDAY!  FRIDAY!  FRIDAY!!

1.  It's my birthday weekend!  Birthday is Monday.  We are going to try to get 50% off tickets tomorrow to 42nd Street but have to buy in person (they are currently available).  Fingers crossed that we don't trek into London for nothing.  I like London - if there's no one else around.  But it's just too crowded for me.  In other words, I hate going into London.  BUT YIPPEE FOR SHOWS!!!

2.  Tomorrow we are taking the 4 year old for her first haircut.  She's, ummm, folic-ly challenged...  She hasn't managed to grow much in over 4 years.  But Daddy has been telling her she'd have a haircut before she starts school.  I have NO IDEA what they will do.  What CAN they do.  I'll add a photo from Tapatalk.  And yes, I'm aware that if we brushed it, it would be an improvement.  ;D

3.  It has been a nightmare couple of weeks with sick kids and a glutened husband.  I'm hoping everyone is starting to get healthy again.  We leave for holiday a week from today!!  It can piss down all day, everyday.  I just want a healthy family!!!

4.  I have SO SO SO SO SO much work to do.  It's not all going to get done.  At all.  I don't think packing will happen either.  Oh well, it's all over rated.

5.  I need another me or two to get through the next.  SEND HELP!!!!

« Reply #5785 on: August 17, 2018, 09:06:14 AM »
Hair photos

« Reply #5786 on: August 17, 2018, 09:25:47 AM »
Awww Albatross :( I really do hope the car starts to feel more normal for you by next week! :( DEFINITELY have a beer and relax!

1. The past couple of weeks have felt really busy, and I can't account for it.  Where is all my time going?!

This is legitimately how I feel every time it's Friday again...I'm not even exaggerating that it truly does feel you've blinked and it's gone!

Oh Albatross!  I know you aren't in a good place, but your post did make me smile a bit!  We are all sending a beer and a hug!  And a puppy!

FRIDAY!  FRIDAY!  FRIDAY!!

1.  It's my birthday weekend!  Birthday is Monday.  We are going to try to get 50% off tickets tomorrow to 42nd Street but have to buy in person (they are currently available).  Fingers crossed that we don't trek into London for nothing.  I like London - if there's no one else around.  But it's just too crowded for me.  In other words, I hate going into London.  BUT YIPPEE FOR SHOWS!!!

2.  Tomorrow we are taking the 4 year old for her first haircut.  She's, ummm, folic-ly challenged...  She hasn't managed to grow much in over 4 years.  But Daddy has been telling her she'd have a haircut before she starts school.  I have NO IDEA what they will do.  What CAN they do.  I'll add a photo from Tapatalk.  And yes, I'm aware that if we brushed it, it would be an improvement.  ;D

3.  It has been a nightmare couple of weeks with sick kids and a glutened husband.  I'm hoping everyone is starting to get healthy again.  We leave for holiday a week from today!!  It can piss down all day, everyday.  I just want a healthy family!!!

4.  I have SO SO SO SO SO much work to do.  It's not all going to get done.  At all.  I don't think packing will happen either.  Oh well, it's all over rated.

5.  I need another me or two to get through the next.  SEND HELP!!!!

Happy almost birthday!! :D Fingers crossed for your tickets. Has Alice been alright then the last few days?? I can completely relate on the work front, but the problem is that I'm distracting myself from doing the work with everything that isn;t work because it's so stressful that I don't want to do it...I'll get it done in the end but UGH. Also, those photos are adorable!

Here's mine:

1. Did about 6 or 7 practise exams online last night and passed them all!!! Not with perfect scores or anything but it sure beats having the majority be fails :D :D :D I need to book my test but I'm struggling to sort out the mail (my own doing) that will qualify as I have mail with my US name on it but it's not necessarily something I think they would accept... GR.

2. Definitely not enough hours in the day! I'm holiday cover for e=somebody else at the moment as well and can't wait for her to come back next week so it's slightly less on my plate.

3. Super fun weekend of DIY lined up (gag). I've been feeling extra exhausted and sh*tty lately so hard to drum up any type of enthusiasm  I can normally just about squeeze out for DIY.

4. Made some amazing Katsu Curry for dinner last night...mmmmmm :)

5. My in-laws had to put their massive German shepherd down last night....realllyyyy sad stuff :( Going to be very odd going around there now. (sorry I didn't end on a light note...)
My, how time flies....

« Reply #5787 on: August 17, 2018, 09:37:04 AM »
Oh XoD.  How sad about the pup!!!!  Big hugs to your whole family.

Ugh, we thought she was better but then she had a big set back on Monday.  And was puking again!  FIVE DAYS after Puke round #1.  So while she seems better, I'm not counting my chickens yet.

« Reply #5788 on: August 17, 2018, 09:43:45 AM »
Oh, my!  My hair looked like Alice's in all of my preschool and younger photos, but that's because every time I grew some hair, I'd end up back in hospital for some procedure or another bout of pneumonia, and apparently they put IVs in my scalp (?), so my head would get shaved again.

But your kids are so cute in those matching jerseys!  Do the numbers mean anything?

« Reply #5789 on: August 17, 2018, 09:45:37 AM »

But your kids are so cute in those matching jerseys!  Do the numbers mean anything?

Yeah, it's their birth years.  Alice was 2014, Frazer was 2017.

Sponsored Links