Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Friday Five!  (Read 410902 times)

• Liked: 6110
Re: Friday Five!
« Reply #5805 on: August 17, 2018, 12:44:09 PM »
I booked my cat in to be put to sleep :(

I'm so sorry.

• Liked: 82
« Reply #5806 on: August 17, 2018, 12:45:05 PM »
I'm so sorry.
Thank you. It's a roller coaster of emotions today.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

• Liked: 248
« Reply #5807 on: August 17, 2018, 01:03:23 PM »
So sorry. 

You know you are doing the best for your kitty.  What a fabulous life your kitty has had!

But whatever words are said, it still breaks your heart.  Thinking of you x

• Liked: 1327
« Reply #5808 on: August 17, 2018, 01:26:33 PM »
Such a sad time for pets.  I'm sorry, JennyEye. :(  Was the work thing related to stress from your kitty and the citizenship application, or is work itself giving you grief, too?  But, yay for citizenship app!  I don't think I'll ever get to apply.  *tries not to glare in procrastinator-husband's general direction*
9/1/2013 - "fiancée" (marriage) visa issued
4/6/2013 - married (certificate issued same-day)
5/6/2013 - FLR(M)#1 in person -- approved!
8/1/2016 - FLR(M)#2 by post -- approved!
8/5/2018 - ILR in person -- approved!
22/11/2018 - Citizenship (online, with NDRS+JCAP) -- approved!
14/12/2018 - I became a British citizen.  :)

« Reply #5809 on: August 17, 2018, 02:23:09 PM »
Such a sad time for pets.  I'm sorry, JennyEye. :(  Was the work thing related to stress from your kitty and the citizenship application, or is work itself giving you grief, too?  But, yay for citizenship app!  I don't think I'll ever get to apply.  *tries not to glare in procrastinator-husband's general direction*
Just general work related stress. Restructure, new boss etc etc

• Liked: 1260
« Reply #5810 on: August 17, 2018, 02:31:22 PM »
Thanks. She is 16, she's had a wonderful life, and been a wonderful cat.

Even when they've had a wonderful and long life, it's still hard :( But just know that you're doing right by her..
My, how time flies....

* Married in the US and applied for first spousal visa August 2013
* Moved to the UK on said visa October 2013
* FLR(M) applied for  May 2016. Biometrics requested June 2016. Approval given July 2016.
* ILR applied for January 2019 (using priority processing). Approved February 2019.
* Citizenship applied for May  2019
* Citizenship approved on July 4th 2019
* Ceremony conducted on August 28th 2019

'Mommy, Wow! I'm a legit Brit now!'

• Also known as PB&J ;-)
  • Liked: 844
« Reply #5811 on: August 17, 2018, 04:02:57 PM »
Friday!

Sorry to all those feeling down, disliking jobs, putting down kitties ,losing beloved puppies, and trying to sort out their productiveness. 
UKY group hug !

1.) Started a new musical venture this week, because playing in 5 bands wasn't enough.  This one is guitar music though (I play bass guitar as well as trombone).

2.)  Cleaning the garage, sigh,  this weekend. It's a total disaster. Again. Sigh.

3.)  When your family is going through stuff and you're so far away and you can't help. This is when living far away is so sh*t.

4.)  I need a holiday. Work is a bag of suck.

5.) The American breakfast thread makes me think I really need to tackle biscuits and gravy.  Need to make 'em dairy free, but that's fine. I am a pro at that now.
I've never gotten food on my underpants!
Work permit (2007) to British Citizen (2014)
You're stuck with me!

• Liked: 250
« Reply #5812 on: August 17, 2018, 04:20:50 PM »
I too am so sorry to see such sad news on this thread. *Hugs*

Friday Five:
1. I officially have 1 week left at work! Booking my ticket to Houston today. (I already booked my Houston-Manchester 1 WAY!)
2. I feel very popular this week, as of now I have plans literally every single night!!! I'm feeling the love  [smiley=smitten.gif]
3. We got a new coffee pot in the office, naturally, 1 week before I'm supposed to leave LOL
4. I was late for work today. Decided to stop and get a Starbucks coffee, had plenty of time. Got into the line, got "stuck" in the drive-thru and ended up waiting in line for actually 20 minutes!! Made me 20 minutes late for work!!  :-X I texted my boss and thankfully he said, "Well at least you have coffee!" I have the best boss, I am so sad to leave this job. (Even though my above statement about putting my notice was excitable)
5. We go out to lunch every Friday to the best Greek restaurant ever. Since I'm leaving soon, everyone wants to come with us! We have 6 people coming to lunch today! I see my lunch hour lasting longer than an hour....

Happy Friday!
Married: 14 June 2018
FLR #1: 9 August 2018 (Approved!)
FLR #2: 13 July 2021 (Approved!)

• Liked: 114
« Reply #5813 on: August 17, 2018, 05:22:05 PM »
Look out, UKY, here comes my first Friday Five!

1. The power went out at work today for two and a half hours.  Backup generators came on to supply all the critical systems (I work in a hospital), but we were computerless for quite a long time.  Got a lot of filing done, though!

2. Admittedly, I do not know an awful lot about Excel but I taught myself how to do if/and/then statements today! *geeks out*  There is a recurring calculation I have to do every month and now I don't have to do it manually!!!

3. Costco run tonight!  That means a hot dog for dinner!

3. Lots of cakes and other naughty things at work today - one of the girls on another team is starting maternity leave next week.

4. Got the bus in to work because the lady I get a lift in with was off.  Took my sweet time and got a Starbucks on the way in and listened to music way too loudly on my headphones.  Always a decent start to the day in my book!

5. Just over one week 'til I get to park my butt on a Mexican beach and do nothing for seven whole days.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #5814 on: August 17, 2018, 06:27:07 PM »

1. The power went out at work today for two and a half hours.  Backup generators came on to supply all the critical systems (I work in a hospital), but we were computerless for quite a long time.  Got a lot of filing done, though!

2. Admittedly, I do not know an awful lot about Excel but I taught myself how to do if/and/then statements today! *geeks out*  There is a recurring calculation I have to do every month and now I don't have to do it manually!!!

3. Lots of cakes and other naughty things at work today - one of the girls on another team is starting maternity leave next week.

4. Got the bus in to work because the lady I get a lift in with was off.  Took my sweet time and got a Starbucks on the way in and listened to music way too loudly on my headphones.  Always a decent start to the day in my book!

5. Just over one week 'til I get to park my butt on a Mexican beach and do nothing for seven whole days.

Welcome!

I play in Excel all day.  Always happy to show you shortcuts. 

That’s right ladies and gentlemen, I TOTALLY geek out with Excel.  ;D

« Reply #5815 on: August 17, 2018, 06:29:43 PM »
Welcome!

Teach me your ways, O wise one!

• Also known as PB&J ;-)
  • Liked: 844
« Reply #5816 on: August 17, 2018, 07:42:00 PM »
KFDancer, want to come work for me?  We've been recruiting this week for an engineering administrator and we've given very basic (sorting data sets, bar graphs and pivot tables) tests to our 5 different candidates and only 1 could do it.   

On another note, I just read this article, which was so timely for those of you suffering the loss of a beloved pet
https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2018/aug/16/my-dog-was-looking-into-my-eyes-as-she-died-the-grief-of-losing-a-pet-is-real

I've never gotten food on my underpants!
Work permit (2007) to British Citizen (2014)
You're stuck with me!

• Liked: 585
« Reply #5817 on: August 17, 2018, 07:52:33 PM »
Sincere sympathy to those of you dealing with the loss of pets.  I know how much it hurts.

« Reply #5818 on: August 17, 2018, 08:18:14 PM »
Welcome!

I'm an excel geek as well!! You should see one I have at work. It is truly a work of art.

« Reply #5819 on: August 17, 2018, 09:20:30 PM »

Totally just realized I have two #3s!!  Friday Six it is for me, then.

Guys!  Teach me all the Excel things!

Actually I probably wouldn't have much use for lots of fancy spreadsheets with crazy formulas.  Just like to think I would.

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab