Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Friday Five!  (Read 407875 times)

• Liked: 768
Re: Friday Five!
« Reply #6300 on: November 17, 2018, 02:29:14 PM »
My luggage got stuck in Amsterdam. It will be delivered sometime this afternoon. Luckily I left clothes here.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

• Liked: 672
« Reply #6301 on: November 17, 2018, 06:38:10 PM »
Oh noooo! Bundle up, there's weather heading your way!

• Liked: 957
« Reply #6302 on: November 17, 2018, 08:13:23 PM »
My luggage got stuck in Amsterdam. It will be delivered sometime this afternoon. Luckily I left clothes here.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
When you mentioned how close your flight with Delta was, I guessed your luggage would be left behind. Sorry that was reality :( Stay warm! Motivation for a quicker trip to target. :D

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

• Liked: 154
« Reply #6303 on: November 18, 2018, 09:40:14 AM »
1.  A day late - sums up my week quite well!

2.  Been ill.  It was like pulling teeth to get someone to sub today’s dance classes.  This has confirmed that it’s time to pull the plug on this.   :-\\\\

3.  Supposedly had an Amazon delivery yesterday but we can’t find it anywhere...  wish us luck!

4.  In the last 72 hours I’ve had 5 rich tea biscuits and a piece of toast

5.  Saturday night - Prosecco, Strictly, no phones, and tapas night with my husband.   :D

Hope your feeling better soon :)

• Also known as PB&J ;-)
  • Liked: 839
« Reply #6304 on: November 23, 2018, 09:36:06 AM »
Friday Friday Friday

1.) I'm on holiday after today so I don't give a rats ars* about work.   [smiley=2thumbsup.gif] [smiley=balloon.gif] [smiley=hat.gif]

2.) Skyped my family yesterday.  That was lovely.   [smiley=smitten.gif]  [smiley=heart.gif]

3.) Playing the first of many Christmas Carolling sessions tomorrow.  It's after Thanksgiving, so it's okay to have Christmas now [smiley=antlers.gif] [smiley=crown.gif] [smiley=elf.gif]

4.) I might really have to break down and make a pumpkin pie. I f'n hate baking. But I love pumpkin pie.  And I'm craving hardcore.    Mmmm, pie.  [smiley=drunk.gif]

5.) The local newspaper has picked up my charity gig to write a story about it and to help me flog tickets. I may or may not have been a bit of a thorn to get this to happen.  Very happy they are though!!     [smiley=devilish.gif]  [smiley=2thumbsup.gif]
I've never gotten food on my underpants!
Work permit (2007) to British Citizen (2014)
You're stuck with me!

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #6305 on: November 23, 2018, 10:02:06 AM »
Great news all around PB!

Mine isn't the most upbeat Friday Five - warning!

1.  Yesterday was without question the most depressing Thanksgiving I've had since moving to the UK - which is saying something.  I would say Thanksgiving is my hardest day of the year as an immigrant.  My husband didn't mention a thing about Thanksgiving - even though he knows it's important to me.  We had a date night last night as he had purchased tickets to a comedian he wanted to see so we didn't even have dinner with our kids.  Not one text or phone call from my family.  Definitely a downer.  But Sunday is the local American Thanksgiving and I know that'll turn my frown upside down.   :D

2.  We had our first trip to A&E this week.  On Wednesday the baby's nursery called and said he was really laboured in his breathing and they thought I should take him to the GP.  I did and she sent us straight to A&E.  Really impressed with the service, but I then I suspect they take breathing issues quite seriously!  We were triaged and with a paediatrician within 15 minutes of arriving at A&E.  He's received some breathing treatments and has to have them at home every 4 hours.  But today he's woken very labored again.  So contemplating if he needs to go back.  <sigh>  I don't like it when my children are not well.

3.  I still haven't had the conversation about stopping dance with the owner of the franchise yet.  At this point, do I just text her?!?  I've been trying to meet up with her face to face but due to conflicting schedules, it's just not happening.

4.  My work Christmas party is next weekend and it's black tie.  People, I am CHEAP.  I do not want to buy a dress for 1 night.  And while I'd happily rent one, I am nervous about it not fitting right and then being out however much.  I am going to try to get to TK Maxx this weekend but I really don't want to buy anything.  Call me scrooge!

5.  Okay, gotta have something positive.  XoD got me a Spice Girl ticket!  We are spicing up our lives together in May.   ;D

• Also known as PB&J ;-)
  • Liked: 839
« Reply #6306 on: November 23, 2018, 10:03:55 AM »
Poor wee baby. I hope he feels better soon.   :\\\'(
I've never gotten food on my underpants!
Work permit (2007) to British Citizen (2014)
You're stuck with me!

• Liked: 239
« Reply #6307 on: November 23, 2018, 10:25:52 AM »
Aww hope little one feels better soon. Just text her. It would save you a little stress 😊 Yay for Spice Girls!
UK Spouse Visa (Priority)
Approved: 1 May 2018

FLR(M) Standard
Approved: 16 June 2021

ILR (SET M) Super Priority
Approved: 29 August 2023

• Liked: 239
« Reply #6308 on: November 23, 2018, 10:31:51 AM »
Mine aren't happy either #debbiedowner

1. I've been sick for over a week. I have a bug or something. Leave my body!
2. I'm studying my brains out for my nursing exam on the 11th. I'm starting to stress about it. Like panicking.
3. I had not one, not two, but 4 of my former co-workers announce their pregnancies on Facebook yesterday. Happy Thanksgiving (I'm trying to be happy for them but finding hard when I'm having such a problem doing it)
4. I've lost half a stone which would be a good thing except it's from being so sick and it'll be back once I can digest food like a normal person.
5. STILL don't have my dad's will sorted and filled in court.

#endpityparty
UK Spouse Visa (Priority)
Approved: 1 May 2018

FLR(M) Standard
Approved: 16 June 2021

ILR (SET M) Super Priority
Approved: 29 August 2023

• Liked: 114
« Reply #6309 on: November 23, 2018, 06:05:22 PM »
Happy Friday!

1.  We bought a car over the weekend.  For once in my life (I am horribly indecisive) I went into a shop knowing EXACTLY what I was looking for.  A used diesel DS3.  Instead, we left with a new petrol Citroen C3.  How did that even happen?  Her name is Bird, and she's red with a black roof.  We weren't expecting her to be ready for another couple of weeks, but she's already in town and we sign all the paperwork tomorrow before picking her up next Thursday!

2.  Driving lesson #3 was this morning.  We are doing roundabouts and I proper panicked today.  I don't know why, we did a few roundabouts last week and I was amazed at my progress.  But my instructor could see I was working myself into such a frenzy, he had me drive back to the "safety blanket" of the estate where we sat and he gave me a pep talk.  Then we went out again, and I was much better the next two times.  Couldn't ask for a better instructor, really.  Admittedly, in hindsight, I probably wasn't in the best frame of mind to be driving (read more below), but if nothing else, I've taken away from this experience the knowledge of just how much your driving can be affected by stress/anxiety/mood.

3.  SOMEBODY -- A HUMAN -- SHAT IN OUR PRIVATE CAR PARK.  Apologies for the caps and language, but, I mean, SERIOUSLY?!  I'd like (maybe?) to think it was a dog, but it would have been a really big dog, and the deed was done nestled in this little spot of the car park between our car and the brick wall behind.  And the car was double parked at a diagonal across our two spaces.  So it very much looks like someone was trying to hide back there, probably a drunk person on the way back from a pub/club on Wednesday night.  I've had to explain this to three different people on the phone (rang 101 and the council), and it just sounds more bizarre every time I do.

4.  We are going to London again on Sunday for another concert.  Hoping we can nip back to Camden market for some yummy food!

5.  My cat in a too-small box yesterday:

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

• Liked: 1891
« Reply #6310 on: November 23, 2018, 06:18:13 PM »
HeyJay, you are right to take stress and mood into consideration.  It really can make a huuuuge difference.  Not long ago I had my first accident in 20 years because I allowed myself to get distracted for just a second.  My stupid passenger hadn't buckled up, so the alarm was going, he was offering me a cookie and I was trying to put something away.  That's all it took, even though I was only going 10 mph or something. 

• Liked: 537
« Reply #6311 on: November 23, 2018, 07:49:42 PM »
Great news all around PB!

Mine isn't the most upbeat Friday Five - warning!

1.  Yesterday was without question the most depressing Thanksgiving I've had since moving to the UK - which is saying something.  I would say Thanksgiving is my hardest day of the year as an immigrant.  My husband didn't mention a thing about Thanksgiving - even though he knows it's important to me.  We had a date night last night as he had purchased tickets to a comedian he wanted to see so we didn't even have dinner with our kids.  Not one text or phone call from my family.  Definitely a downer.  But Sunday is the local American Thanksgiving and I know that'll turn my frown upside down.   :D

2.  We had our first trip to A&E this week.  On Wednesday the baby's nursery called and said he was really laboured in his breathing and they thought I should take him to the GP.  I did and she sent us straight to A&E.  Really impressed with the service, but I then I suspect they take breathing issues quite seriously!  We were triaged and with a paediatrician within 15 minutes of arriving at A&E.  He's received some breathing treatments and has to have them at home every 4 hours.  But today he's woken very labored again.  So contemplating if he needs to go back.  <sigh>  I don't like it when my children are not well.

3.  I still haven't had the conversation about stopping dance with the owner of the franchise yet.  At this point, do I just text her?!?  I've been trying to meet up with her face to face but due to conflicting schedules, it's just not happening.

4.  My work Christmas party is next weekend and it's black tie.  People, I am CHEAP.  I do not want to buy a dress for 1 night.  And while I'd happily rent one, I am nervous about it not fitting right and then being out however much.  I am going to try to get to TK Maxx this weekend but I really don't want to buy anything.  Call me scrooge!

5.  Okay, gotta have something positive.  XoD got me a Spice Girl ticket!  We are spicing up our lives together in May.   ;D

There are dress rental companies online... I haven't done it but people do. I believe they dry clean them in between users.
The usual. American girl meets British guy. They fall into like, then into love. Then there was the big decision. The American traveled across the pond to join the Brit. And life was never the same again.

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #6312 on: November 23, 2018, 09:13:21 PM »
There are dress rental companies online... I haven't done it but people do. I believe they dry clean them in between users.

I'm totally up for that.  But I don't know if they would fit (yes, you can pick two sizes) but length and all.  I just think it's kind of risky.  If I was a banging size 8, I would go for it.  I'm a mom with two kids and my shape reflects it.

My update is that the baby has been admitted to the hospital.  Hopefully we will be allowed to go home early tomorrow.  He's improved so so much since we arrived and they started treating him.  If he keeps it up, we'll be sprung.  ;D

« Reply #6313 on: November 23, 2018, 09:30:05 PM »
I'm totally up for that.  But I don't know if they would fit (yes, you can pick two sizes) but length and all.  I just think it's kind of risky.  If I was a banging size 8, I would go for it.  I'm a mom with two kids and my shape reflects it.

My update is that the baby has been admitted to the hospital.  Hopefully we will be allowed to go home early tomorrow.  He's improved so so much since we arrived and they started treating him.  If he keeps it up, we'll be sprung.  ;D
Oh no :( I'm glad he is improving quickly! Do they know what caused it so you won't have to rush back again?

« Reply #6314 on: November 23, 2018, 09:33:35 PM »
Heyjay - it's shocking someone pooed in your car park. Lots of bleach!

I've been happy with the citroen c4 cactus, the c3 looked so snazzy when we were in the dealership. Enjoy your new car! :)

Sponsored Links