Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Friday Five!  (Read 411027 times)

• Liked: 676
Re: Friday Five!
« Reply #6870 on: April 22, 2019, 04:04:47 PM »
Ah, you were in my neighborhood! Lovely out, wasn't it? 

Just got back from a walk through there today. The place is looking like I could make my fortune, if I had the bactine sunburn spray concession in town....  Seriously, there are lot of purple people over there who used to be glaringly, blindingly, artically white.  ::)

And so many flowers and trees blooming!  Now if:  people would just control their dogs (yes, having dogs on a leash is required, and that means not letting the dog wander into all the flowerbeds and dig them or roll in them on the end of a 20 ft retractable lead!);  the idiot who strung a hammock between two trees over a flower bed and was laying in it reading ended up with poison ivy; and the guy who was letting his 8 year old climb up in the fir trees, breaking branches as he went, suddenly was inspired to take him to the play yard instead (there is one - a special area just for tykes),  it would be idillic. Seriously, people unclear on the concept - an arboritum and botanic garden is NOT a playground or a play park. Oh, for heavens sakes!   :o ::) ::)

In case you make it back over on another nice day, the churro place is hit-or-miss. A bit farther down the road is Non Viet, where they make a killer filled  baguette. Which they will happily make "to go" for you for, I think, £4.50.  For "sit in" - if you drink tap water with the meal, you could have two baguettes and two frozen ice creams and you'll still have change for a £20.  ;)  The frozen ice cream is a massive scoop inside of what tastes like funnel cake, with peanuts and a bit of condensed milk on the top. (It's cheap.) Or you could just go in and have frozen ice cream.  ;) There's also a vegan place farther down GWR towards city center. Or, on Byres road, head south from GWR. Well before you get to Dumbarton Road you will come upon the University Cafe on the west side of the street. Very Good ice cream in there! (The place has been in business for over 100 years.)

• Liked: 768
« Reply #6871 on: April 22, 2019, 07:32:46 PM »
Ah, you were in my neighborhood! Lovely out, wasn't it? 

Just got back from a walk through there today. The place is looking like I could make my fortune, if I had the bactine sunburn spray concession in town....  Seriously, there are lot of purple people over there who used to be glaringly, blindingly, artically white.  ::)

And so many flowers and trees blooming!  Now if:  people would just control their dogs (yes, having dogs on a leash is required, and that means not letting the dog wander into all the flowerbeds and dig them or roll in them on the end of a 20 ft retractable lead!);  the idiot who strung a hammock between two trees over a flower bed and was laying in it reading ended up with poison ivy; and the guy who was letting his 8 year old climb up in the fir trees, breaking branches as he went, suddenly was inspired to take him to the play yard instead (there is one - a special area just for tykes),  it would be idillic. Seriously, people unclear on the concept - an arboritum and botanic garden is NOT a playground or a play park. Oh, for heavens sakes!   :o ::) ::)

In case you make it back over on another nice day, the churro place is hit-or-miss. A bit farther down the road is Non Viet, where they make a killer filled  baguette. Which they will happily make "to go" for you for, I think, £4.50.  For "sit in" - if you drink tap water with the meal, you could have two baguettes and two frozen ice creams and you'll still have change for a £20.  ;)  The frozen ice cream is a massive scoop inside of what tastes like funnel cake, with peanuts and a bit of condensed milk on the top. (It's cheap.) Or you could just go in and have frozen ice cream.  ;) There's also a vegan place farther down GWR towards city center. Or, on Byres road, head south from GWR. Well before you get to Dumbarton Road you will come upon the University Cafe on the west side of the street. Very Good ice cream in there! (The place has been in business for over 100 years.)
I've been moved down to the care home pharmacy so I didn't get to advise all of our patients on sunburn relief today. Lol

It's almost like these Scottish folk forget how to act when the sun is oot. They can go sun daft.

I usually go to Non Viet on Sauchiehall. Stuart was momentarily confused when he saw it on Great Western. Lol

It was such a beautiful day. We started towards ASDA for toilet roll (we don't live anywhere near an ASDA) and ended up taking a drive. Finally saw some Highland Coos at Kilmahog Woolen Mill then ended up on Great Western.

I wasn't impressed with my lunch from The Crafty Pig. I'll not need go there again.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

• Liked: 768
« Reply #6872 on: April 22, 2019, 10:45:23 PM »
Here you go Nan.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

« Reply #6873 on: April 23, 2019, 10:23:19 AM »
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahha hahahahahhahahahahh....pwew....hahahahahahahahaha hahhaahahahahhaahah ;D

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #6874 on: April 26, 2019, 09:04:52 AM »
FRIDAY!  FRIDAY!  FRIDAY!

1.  Back on the Diet - Day 3.  Am I skinny yet?  Family photos in June and I WILL NOT BE FAT IN THE PHOTOS.

2.  My auntie (dad's sister)  is in London.... well, not really London, way over on the east side this weekend.  Trying to meet up with her.  I do NOT feel like driving an hour and a half each way there.  I'm becoming very British.  A 90 minute drive seems like WAY too much effort.  Plus it's the M25 - which is never the posted amount of time.  But I'm excited to see her.  I haven't seen her since my brother's wedding which was 13-15 years ago!

3.  Tomorrow is my son's SECOND birthday!  While I can't believe my daughter just turned 5 - I can't believe my son is ONLY 2.  Feels like he's been around forever.  I don't remember the gap with just the one kid.  Car theme for him.  He's obsessed.

4.  Our guest bedroom has been STINKING like cat poop lately but we haven't been able to find the poop.  Last night my husband opened the bottom drawer of the dresser and there was cat poop!  It's not the 18 year old cat pooping in the drawer.  It's the almost 2 year old getting poop out of the cat box and stashing it in the drawer.  He is so destructive!  I caught him "drawing" on the brand new garage door with a stone the other day.  I need eyes EVERYWHERE.

5.  Speaking of cats, Sobe has another UTI.  His weight is awesome though and he's so happy.  Just need to get this infection knocked out.

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #6875 on: April 26, 2019, 09:09:02 AM »
Get well soon, good boy Sobe!  :)

« Reply #6876 on: April 26, 2019, 09:15:01 AM »
FRIDAY!  FRIDAY!  FRIDAY!

4.  Our guest bedroom has been STINKING like cat poop lately but we haven't been able to find the poop.  Last night my husband opened the bottom drawer of the dresser and there was cat poop!  It's not the 18 year old cat pooping in the drawer.  It's the almost 2 year old getting poop out of the cat box and stashing it in the drawer.  He is so destructive!  I caught him "drawing" on the brand new garage door with a stone the other day.  I need eyes EVERYWHERE.

Oh, goodness!  Yes, the kiddies require you grow eyes in the back of your head and "mom radar"....   ::)   I was fortunate in that the Daughter didn't catch on for a really long time that sound carries, and we always lived in very small flats, so I could pretty much hear what she was up to. Like getting into the cookie tin.  ;) I'd really start to worry when it got too quiet in the house. That usually meant trouble.

Collecting cat poo. That's a new one.  When I was young, I was once told, I became fascinated with caterpillars and bugs. So I'd pick them up and put them in my pockets.Usually many at one time. My mom washed my "outside play clothes" once a week and would find them when she did the laundry - at some point in the process.  ;)  Not as smelly as cat poo, but it must have been pretty gross if the dryer was involved.

• Liked: 114
« Reply #6877 on: April 26, 2019, 09:17:14 AM »
Get well soon, Sobe cat!

1.  Have been signed off work for nine weeks.  My GP basically asked what my notice period was and gave it to me.  No doubt work have figured out what's going on.  If ever I was offered the perfect chance to get out of there, this is it.

2.  Got my first invitation to interview yesterday.  Not the one I was hoping for as the commute is slightly unrealistic until I pass my driving test, but I'll see if I can figure something out.

3.  Cats had to go to the vet today for a teeth cleaning.  Poor babies.  :(

4.  I am currently sitting in Starbucks, enjoying a frappuccino and a cinnamon roll.  It gets me out of the house and surrounded by people, which I feel like I need at the moment.

5.  Saw a flyer just now advertising The Darkness playing at a festival in Blandford in a week.  Would love to see them again.  Also really looking forward to Billy Joel in June!

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

• Liked: 1327
« Reply #6878 on: April 26, 2019, 09:34:22 AM »
KF: Did the poop have litter box litter on it?  How do you know it was the boy?  Also, eeeeewwww!  But at least you guys found it.

heyjay: Ooh, I'm happy your GP is being so supportive!  Good luck with your interview (and hopefully you'll get others and have your pick of jobs!).

FRIDAY!!

I've been bursting since last weekend...

1.  We made pizza, fish tacos, chicken tacos, donuts, ... we lounged in the sun, we worked on the garden, we workshopped... it was beautiful!  Five (technically, four-and-a-half) days of hot sunshiney bliss.

2.  I still haven't won the lottery, but...

3.  My "Monthly Saver" account hit a year, so I had to move that money (and start a new one).  I put 2/3rds to paying this year's council tax and water rates, and the remaining third is now NS&I Premium Bonds.  That's like 1000 lottery tickets every month!  And it's still my money!  Free lottery!

4.  In contrast to last weekends incredible weather and tasty noms, this weekend we will have gale force winds and rain.  And I was late going shopping on Wednesday, so Aldi was sold out of many things.  This will be a questionable noms weekend of gloom.  :(

5.  But we still have donut dough, and I picked up a fresh jar of Nutella.  It's happening!  (Again, sorry KF.)
9/1/2013 - "fiancée" (marriage) visa issued
4/6/2013 - married (certificate issued same-day)
5/6/2013 - FLR(M)#1 in person -- approved!
8/1/2016 - FLR(M)#2 by post -- approved!
8/5/2018 - ILR in person -- approved!
22/11/2018 - Citizenship (online, with NDRS+JCAP) -- approved!
14/12/2018 - I became a British citizen.  :)

• Liked: 1260
« Reply #6879 on: April 26, 2019, 09:49:04 AM »
KF - Ahh Sobe! Hoping the UTI clears up quickly for you!

Heyjay - definitely take this opportunity. Hoping the interview goes well!

JF - Send donuts please!

I don't have a friday 5 but I have a friday 2:

1. Signed up for Costco again last night. There's a groupon on at the moment for a reduction in membership price as well as a free (massive) carrot cake, free pack of AA batteries, free twin chicken pack, £20 off an online purchase of £200+ AND a £10 voucher. Literally cut our purchase in half AND WE HAVE A DELICIOUS CARROT CAKE!

2. Today is an absolute dumpster fire of a day at work. I lost access for a good chunk yesterday and it's just had a really bad knock-on effect to my already high workload. Brill. Roll on 4PM.
My, how time flies....

* Married in the US and applied for first spousal visa August 2013
* Moved to the UK on said visa October 2013
* FLR(M) applied for  May 2016. Biometrics requested June 2016. Approval given July 2016.
* ILR applied for January 2019 (using priority processing). Approved February 2019.
* Citizenship applied for May  2019
* Citizenship approved on July 4th 2019
* Ceremony conducted on August 28th 2019

'Mommy, Wow! I'm a legit Brit now!'

« Reply #6880 on: April 26, 2019, 09:53:04 AM »
KF: Did the poop have litter box litter on it?  How do you know it was the boy?  Also, eeeeewwww!  But at least you guys found it.

Unless Sobe has learned how to slide his paw under the drawer handle, hook it and pull, climb in, poop, and push the drawer closed....  it's the boy.  ;D

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #6881 on: April 26, 2019, 10:04:07 AM »
Unless Sobe has learned how to slide his paw under the drawer handle, hook it and pull, climb in, poop, and push the drawer closed....  it's the boy.  ;D

She might have been suggesting that it was the girl!  ;)

« Reply #6882 on: April 26, 2019, 10:21:52 AM »

LOL.  Trust me, wasn't her.  She avoids the smelly room!

• Liked: 1327
« Reply #6883 on: April 26, 2019, 10:24:05 AM »

Ha!  Wasn't suggesting the girl (but that is a possibility, even if the boy is the more likely of the two).  But I did wonder if either a drawer was left open or Sobe went in from the back, then climbed around in there and had to poop before he could find his way back out again.

I don't have a friday 5 but I have a friday 2:

And "3. Pizza!"  ?  I mean, Friday... pizza... you must!
9/1/2013 - "fiancée" (marriage) visa issued
4/6/2013 - married (certificate issued same-day)
5/6/2013 - FLR(M)#1 in person -- approved!
8/1/2016 - FLR(M)#2 by post -- approved!
8/5/2018 - ILR in person -- approved!
22/11/2018 - Citizenship (online, with NDRS+JCAP) -- approved!
14/12/2018 - I became a British citizen.  :)

• Liked: 1260
« Reply #6884 on: April 26, 2019, 10:39:30 AM »

And "3. Pizza!"  ?  I mean, Friday... pizza... you must!

Oh yeah! Sorry! 3. Pizza friday! (I nearly forgot about that lol)
My, how time flies....

* Married in the US and applied for first spousal visa August 2013
* Moved to the UK on said visa October 2013
* FLR(M) applied for  May 2016. Biometrics requested June 2016. Approval given July 2016.
* ILR applied for January 2019 (using priority processing). Approved February 2019.
* Citizenship applied for May  2019
* Citizenship approved on July 4th 2019
* Ceremony conducted on August 28th 2019

'Mommy, Wow! I'm a legit Brit now!'

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab