Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Friday Five!  (Read 410294 times)

• Liked: 114
Re: Friday Five!
« Reply #6990 on: May 24, 2019, 11:54:40 AM »

Please tell me it's Tiny Rebel!!!  [smiley=heart.gif]

I was just thinking the same thing!  LOVE Tiny Rebel!

Glad you and your partner are forging full steam ahead with what works for you both.  :)

1. The weather has been g o r g e o u s this week.  We've had a man round turning our back yard into a deck!  It was a sorry excuse for a yard, anyway, very small and crappy soil and a huge ditch in one end.  So we made the decision to just deck over the whole thing and at least we'll be able to use it as an entertaining space in the future with tables, chairs, etc. I am loving it already!

2. Three interviews down.  Have been turned down for 2/3. The first one, I was kind of expecting (though I would have LOVED to work there) because it was combined HR/payroll and I only have half the knowledge - I am grateful to have been invited to interview in the first place.  I thought I had the second one in the bag, so it came as quite a shock when I didn't get that one.  My most recent one was only yesterday so will hopefully be hearing about that next week.  Still applying in the meantime, but am starting to panic a bit as my sick note runs out in a month.

3. The MIL is coming down to visit this weekend.  Not quite sure what we have planned!  I really need to get back to cleaning...

4. Saw Detective Pikachu yesterday.  It was alright.  For some reason, even though I knew full well it was a PG movie, I was expecting it to be some kinda Ted version of Pokémon (I mean, that's the age all the kids that grew up on the original show/movies are now, right??).  Sadly, it was not.  It wasn't *bad*, but I should have seen the Aladdin remake instead.

5.  Eurovision didn't disappoint last week, as always.  Such a hilarious/entertaining/wacky affair.  Love it.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #6991 on: May 24, 2019, 11:58:08 AM »
Yeah Albatross is going to get a DOGGIE!!!!! And we will need ALLLLLL the photos!!!

Ksand, that is absolute crap about your brother.  I'm not a tit for tat kind of person but I think I'd be all "enjoy this £10 Amazon voucher" as a gift.  Or an ugly vase - preferably multi coloured acrylic.

1.  I managed to get tickets to Madonna this morning (in January).  Ended up with options.  I could NOT justify the £500 a seat for the stalls, so went with the cheaper £250 a seat for the balcony.  My husband is very "meh" on Madonna and he would not be impressed if he finds out how much I spent.   ;D

2.  I'm "working from home" today.  I'm going to use sick leave for a half day.  When my cleaner arrives, I'm going to take a field trip to IKEA.

3.  The boy had his follow up with the consultant today on the tests they've run.  The good news - nothing found except a bit anaemic.  The bad news - no answers as to why he is so so so unhealthy.  The great news - HE'S NOT ALLERGIC TO CATS (or dogs or dust). 

4.  Yesterday was my husband's birthday.  I feel like I have no idea what to do for him anymore when it comes to birthdays. 

5.  I'm paying the deposit today for us to get A/C installed.  Multi-unit in the loft, vented in through the ceilings.  Sorry guys, I've just ensured a CRAP 10 years of summers.  But it's affordable and I don't want to worry about my kids at night.  And I want to sleep comfortably too.  :P

• Liked: 114
« Reply #6992 on: May 24, 2019, 12:01:26 PM »

5.  I'm paying the deposit today for us to get A/C installed.  Multi-unit in the loft, vented in through the ceilings.  Sorry guys, I've just ensured a CRAP 10 years of summers.  But it's affordable and I don't want to worry about my kids at night.  And I want to sleep comfortably too. 

That's it.  I'm moving in!

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

• Liked: 674
« Reply #6993 on: May 24, 2019, 12:52:51 PM »

Nan - RE affordability in New England - it is definitely cheaper than CA, but just remember to take into consideration cost of living. Obviously it depends on where in New England you are, but I think sometimes one cost can seem so dramatically different and more affordable than the other coast....until you're there and the cost of living pretty much balances it out but it does have some other positives (but then, I'm biased LOL)

Oh, yeah. I know. Heating costs would be hella higher than in SoCal. But we were running our AC so much (when we had AC) that it'd probably even out. And our electric costs were some of the highest in the country. So yeah, I'm considering the total, bottom line.

Didn't know about the Mass-Health thing. Not sure we can find a place in Mass that would be cool enough in the summers. I seem to remember, when visiting as a child, that it got bloody hot there in July. Would need some serious elevation, I think, and I don't think they'd have it.

Still prefer to stay here, though.

• Liked: 239
« Reply #6994 on: May 24, 2019, 01:02:37 PM »
KFD, you’re getting ac? I’ll also be moving in  :D

Mine are meh today. Sorry

1. We’ve been back from our holiday for over a month now and I’m still so tired. Like jet lag never left, it’s annoying at this point. I’ve spilled and dropped everything all day and it’s been so windy here I’ve lost clothes off the line. Luckily they didn’t leave the garden.

2. Speaking of annoying (but still my baby) our cat has taken to pouncing on us every morning around 4. I don’t mean a gentle MOM and DAD get UP. I mean I’m being dropped kicked from the top rope in a wrestling match. I’ve taken to kicking him out of the bedroom but that means I don’t get back to sleep. He really needs a playmate.

3. I can tell I’m losing weight when I look in the mirror now.

4. We are getting KFC tonight so yay for not having to cook for once.

5. Our 1 year wedding anniversary is Sunday. Although we were legally married in February we celebrate in May as that’s when the big wedding was. And it’s the one people know about   8)
UK Spouse Visa (Priority)
Approved: 1 May 2018

FLR(M) Standard
Approved: 16 June 2021

ILR (SET M) Super Priority
Approved: 29 August 2023

• Liked: 674
« Reply #6995 on: May 24, 2019, 01:12:06 PM »
Congratulations, Kristie!

(Have you considered allergies as a reason for the long-term tired? Ummm, or, perhaps (sorry) pregnancy?)

• Liked: 1260
« Reply #6996 on: May 24, 2019, 01:31:48 PM »
Fingers crossed for you for job #3 Heyjay!

KF - WOOHOO! AC! Hopefully they pinpoint what is wrong with the little one soon :(

Oh, yeah. I know. Heating costs would be hella higher than in SoCal. But we were running our AC so much (when we had AC) that it'd probably even out. And our electric costs were some of the highest in the country. So yeah, I'm considering the total, bottom line.

You'll need to be prepared to pay for heating in the winter AND A/C in the summer :p The humidity can be BRUTAL (just as a heads up if you didn't already know).

Didn't know about the Mass-Health thing. Not sure we can find a place in Mass that would be cool enough in the summers. I seem to remember, when visiting as a child, that it got bloody hot there in July. Would need some serious elevation, I think, and I don't think they'd have it.

You'll probably want somewhere on the cape by the water. it still gets hot and humid but having the sea breeze really helps and it's quite laid back.

Kristie - Congrats on your anniversary AND on the KFC! hahah
My, how time flies....

* Married in the US and applied for first spousal visa August 2013
* Moved to the UK on said visa October 2013
* FLR(M) applied for  May 2016. Biometrics requested June 2016. Approval given July 2016.
* ILR applied for January 2019 (using priority processing). Approved February 2019.
* Citizenship applied for May  2019
* Citizenship approved on July 4th 2019
* Ceremony conducted on August 28th 2019

'Mommy, Wow! I'm a legit Brit now!'

• Liked: 585
« Reply #6997 on: May 24, 2019, 02:10:52 PM »

It ONE HUNDRED PERCENT is Tiny Rebel! hahahah :D

Mmmmmm.... Stay Puft, Peaches & Cream, Rhubarb & Custard Sour, Lush, Pump Up The Jam.....

• Liked: 3595
« Reply #6998 on: May 24, 2019, 02:20:26 PM »
Ksand, that is absolute crap about your brother.  I'm not a tit for tat kind of person but I think I'd be all "enjoy this £10 Amazon voucher" as a gift.  Or an ugly vase - preferably multi coloured acrylic.

The frustrating thing is that this is not who my brother is at all... we’re a pretty close family and he would never deliberately exclude us like this. Sadly, it’s all his fiancé’s doing... she’s used to getting what she wants all the time and my brother basically just ends up going along with it to avoid an argument. I really don’t think she’s the right person for him, but ultimately he has to be the one to make that decision.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Reply #6999 on: May 24, 2019, 02:32:27 PM »
Congratulations, Kristie!

(Have you considered allergies as a reason for the long-term tired? Ummm, or, perhaps (sorry) pregnancy?)

Thank you!

It could be allergies although I have no other symptoms.  I wish it were pregnancy. I’m in my second cycle since we came back so that’s unfortunately out I think  :-\\\\

FLR(M) Standard

« Reply #7000 on: May 24, 2019, 02:34:34 PM »

Kristie - Congrats on your anniversary AND on the KFC! hahah

Ha! Thanks! I’m excited about both  ;D

FLR(M) Standard

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #7001 on: May 24, 2019, 02:35:00 PM »
The frustrating thing is that this is not who my brother is at all... we’re a pretty close family and he would never deliberately exclude us like this. Sadly, it’s all his fiancé’s doing... she’s used to getting what she wants all the time and my brother basically just ends up going along with it to avoid an argument. I really don’t think she’s the right person for him, but ultimately he has to be the one to make that decision.

Ugh, that's the worst.  My brother had an old girlfriend that I didn't take to.  My mom told me off when I said something felt off about her - like she wasn't genuine, you know?  Then two years later she broke his heart in the most unimaginable way - I don't tell people what she did it was so bad.  My mom apologised to me after that.  I didn't want the apology - I wanted my brother to be happy.  And luckily is has the MOST amazing wife in the world now.  Who I tell anyone who will listen that if they divorce, we are keeping her.  ;D

Let's just hope if it's not meant the be, they figure it out before the wedding.....  ::)

« Reply #7002 on: May 24, 2019, 07:29:11 PM »
Mmmmmm.... Stay Puft, Peaches & Cream, Rhubarb & Custard Sour, Lush, Pump Up The Jam.....

I cannot wait to try pump up the jam!

My, how time flies....

* FLR(M) applied for  May 2016. Biometrics requested June 2016. Approval given July 2016.
* ILR applied for January 2019 (using priority processing). Approved February 2019.

« Reply #7003 on: May 25, 2019, 05:15:44 PM »
I’ve made it :D

Pump Up The Jam is DELICIOUS

Also bought a glass (mandatory for all the breweries we visit) and a rubber bar mat for the tap room we will hopefully have in future that we’ve just decided we definitely want in the new house

My, how time flies....

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #7004 on: May 25, 2019, 06:38:06 PM »
I’ve made it :D

Great pic!  :D. Have fun!!!

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab