Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Friday Five!  (Read 410611 times)

• Also known as PB&J ;-)
  • Liked: 844
Re: Friday Five!
« Reply #7470 on: December 15, 2019, 09:25:09 PM »
So glad you’re starting to feel better KFDancer!
I've never gotten food on my underpants!
Work permit (2007) to British Citizen (2014)
You're stuck with me!

• Liked: 424
« Reply #7471 on: December 15, 2019, 09:27:08 PM »
Just so glad to hear that you’re doing better, we don’t want anything to happen to you! We loves you KF!

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #7472 on: December 16, 2019, 09:37:30 AM »
Thank you all for the well wishes.  It's nice to know you guys are out there!  I'll let you know when I get an official diagnosis.  I'm just SO happy that this is working!

• Liked: 154
« Reply #7473 on: December 16, 2019, 03:33:40 PM »
Thank you all for the well wishes.  It's nice to know you guys are out there!  I'll let you know when I get an official diagnosis.  I'm just SO happy that this is working!

Glad your starting to feel better =)

• Liked: 1327
« Reply #7474 on: December 20, 2019, 08:32:24 AM »
It's Friday!

My five...

1.  Today is our Domo's birthday! Six years ago, today, my husband came home from work and saw the off-cuts of brown terry cloth in the rubbish bin and I had to reveal the gift I was making for my husband to explain it... and Domo was born!  Here's a picture of him playing on my computer...

2.  I actually bought a present for Domo.  He loves explosions, so I ordered a toy grenade from Amazon... it lights up and makes sound.  I'm hoping it arrives in time for his party tonight.

3.  It's nearly Christmas, and that toy grenade is the only gift I've got for anybody.

4.  Everybody is baking, and I want an oven.  Dave Matthews called it: the future's no place to place your better days.  Carpe diem!  (I think this is the part where I'm supposed to go buy an oven.)

5.  Omigawd, I almost forgot... I've finally tried Khalua, and my life will never be the same.  Yesterday, after our morning espressos, while I was making breakfast (!!!), my husband gave me a Khalua and (fake-)Bailey's cocktail in one of our espresso cups.  The Bailey's floated on top, and it looked like an espresso with a really nice crema on top.  And it was so utterly drinkable.  Nom!  Also: drinks before breakfast!  Wheeeee!
« Last Edit: December 20, 2019, 08:36:23 AM by jfkimberly »
9/1/2013 - "fiancée" (marriage) visa issued
4/6/2013 - married (certificate issued same-day)
5/6/2013 - FLR(M)#1 in person -- approved!
8/1/2016 - FLR(M)#2 by post -- approved!
8/5/2018 - ILR in person -- approved!
22/11/2018 - Citizenship (online, with NDRS+JCAP) -- approved!
14/12/2018 - I became a British citizen.  :)

• Also known as PB&J ;-)
« Reply #7475 on: December 20, 2019, 10:05:28 AM »
Happy Birthday Domo!!!

Friday!!

1.) Been a crazy week. Should be winding down, but instead gearing up as I'm working with suppliers in China and they've got tons going on over the Christmastime period (they want to finish everything before Chinese New Year at the end of January).  I've got to travel to China on the 7th January as well for 12 days, so trying to get ready for that. [smiley=mad.gif]

2.) Gearing up for a weekend of brass band carolling.   [smiley=elf.gif]

3.) Off to the US on the 27th, land back on the 5th. And oh did I mention I'm flying to China on the 7th?  [smiley=sleeping2.gif]

4.) Thank goodness it's payday. It's been an expensive month for a lot of reasons. [smiley=deal2.gif]

5.) Going out with friends for dinner tomorrow night and it should be lovely! Excited!  ;D
You're stuck with me!

« Reply #7476 on: December 20, 2019, 11:00:46 AM »
Happy birthday Domo!!

Phatbeetle safe travels!

1. We touched down in the states late Wednesday- which happened to be my birthday so I had the longest birthday ever!  And my mom had cake waiting for me!

2. I’m getting real Mexican for dinner tonight! I may use the excuse ( I never say that) that I’m eating for two and completely go nuts haha!

3. My step daughter experienced her first real snow and literally had to be dragged inside after hours of playing. I just love being able to share those magical moments with her

4. Grump- my parent’s house and my brother’s house ( we’ve stopped by for two days) both have double beds for us to sleep in. I need my king bed back!! I don’t know how we ever slept in a double lol I feel so squished.

5. I don’t know the circumstances, but Wednesday when we landed in Dallas, hubby got called back into the immigration room. They were nice and let me and kiddo join him. As we sat down, officers came bursting through a door with a Hispanic man who looked like he had been running as he was really out of breath. Then you heard them go behind another door and start yelling at him to calm down, heard something shove against the wall a few times ( we assume it was the man being pushed up against the wall), more yelling handcuffs etc.  I’ve never seen/heard  anything like it and don’t want to ever witness it again.

« Reply #7477 on: December 23, 2019, 12:04:23 PM »
Domo wants to thank you for the birthday wishes.  Also, he wants to show off because he's really happy with his gifts.  My husband gave him a huge bag of his favourite Lindor hazelnut truffles.

Here he is with his chocolates and his grenade (he was really nervous about having them so close together for this picture...)

Edit:  he almost forgot about his birthday card!  More pics!

« Last Edit: December 23, 2019, 12:18:03 PM by jfkimberly »

• Also known as PB&J ;-)
« Reply #7478 on: December 27, 2019, 10:42:04 AM »
Friday!

1.) Had a lovely Christmas 🎄

2.) Off to the USA now for a holiday ✈️

3.) Visiting a trombone factory on Monday, because that’s what you do on your wedding anniversary (poor husband, 😂)

4.) Can’t wait to eat all the things. 🤤

5.) Can’t wait to see family! 🥰
You're stuck with me!

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #7479 on: December 27, 2019, 10:43:32 AM »
Bon Voyage PB!  :)

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #7480 on: December 27, 2019, 11:17:25 AM »
I love that I didn’t even know it was Friday!

1.  Lovely Christmas.  Kids are at great ages.  Next couple of years will be so fun!

2.  In Barcelona now until the 31st.  It’s SUNNY!  And no coats needed!

3.  Missing my cat

4.  Not missing anything else

5.  Any must do’s for those who have been to Barcelona before?

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #7481 on: December 27, 2019, 11:33:49 AM »
Have a lovely time KFD  :)

« Reply #7482 on: December 30, 2019, 11:58:28 AM »
PB!  I hope you're having a fantastic time, as it is now Monday, so you must be visiting the trombone factory!  My dream is to visit the G&L factory in Fullerton, CA (and, ideally, order a custom guitar after picking out the exact blank of wood I want it made from).  My husband is 100% on board with this, so no sympathy for him.  Meanwhile, happy anniversary, PB and Mr. PB!

I love that I didn’t even know it was Friday!

Oh my gosh, it's been such a great holiday... we didn't do anything, but it was wonderful!  I completely lost track of Friday, too!

And you're right KF... kids get really fun when they're in the 'imagination' age.  From about 3 to 7 or 8 (depending on how well you cultivate it), you can have all the magic.  I had my cousin's kids convinced my car was alive and could talk to them (I used the remote door lock thing... Minizoom would beep and flash the lights to confirm whether she was locked or unlocked, and that was her way of communicating with the kids).  Their belief persisted far longer than I would've thought possible... and it worked out to my advantage because if they wanted to bring messy food into my car, I would just tell them that she was allergic to whatever it was and would make her sick if she brought it in.  They loved Minizoom so much that they wouldn't ask again.  :)

« Reply #7483 on: December 30, 2019, 03:30:22 PM »
I completely zoomed past Friday myself.

PB enjoy your trip, I leave the states to head back to England in four days and I’m ready to be home but also feeling a bit depressed.

KFdancer I love the imaginative stage, I thought our kiddo (9 in Jan) would be over Santa this year, but she’s been so into it. I actually hate to think that her innocent imagination is probably going soon. Enjoy your time in Barcelona =)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

« Reply #7484 on: January 03, 2020, 10:01:07 AM »
You guys!  It's Friday again (already!), and this time I'm not missing it!

Five things... hmm...  I mean, I'm sure there are five things to talk about, but, well...

1.  We have been so lazy over the holidays!  Two nights ago, even my husband (who usually insists on actual meals--with potatoes!--for every dinner) said, "Let's just do (bean) burritos... something easy."  'Bean burritos' means I open the tin of refried beans, put a generous blob on a tortilla, add a bit of hot sauce, some cheese, roll it, and toast it in a dry pan 'til it's golden brown all over.  The pan doesn't even really get dirty!

2.  We haven't won the lottery.  Well, my husband has won £25 in all but one month since he put his money in premium bonds, but I haven't won anything, and we haven't won a jackpot.

3.  Most people don't win the lottery.  We are not special in that regard.

4.  We were supposed to have slow-cooker pot roast tonight, but my husband forgot to get the slow cooker down from where we keep it.  I need a backup plan.  It might be pierogi and sausage bites... something super unhealthy because:

5.  It's Friday to kick off another five days off from Saturday to next Wednesday.  Party time!

Sponsored Links