Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Friday Five!  (Read 410978 times)

• Also known as PB&J ;-)
  • Liked: 844
Re: Friday Five!
« Reply #7935 on: January 29, 2021, 05:13:09 PM »
No but I’ll check it out after your and ksand’s recommendations. If things are open, I’ll try to book something there.

We are staying in a gatehouse all by ourselves.  People Bad!

https://www.coolstays.com/property/east-gatehouse-lodge/19049

Wow!!! That place looks amazing!!!
I've never gotten food on my underpants!
Work permit (2007) to British Citizen (2014)
You're stuck with me!

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #7936 on: January 29, 2021, 05:22:25 PM »
Wow!!! That place looks amazing!!!

Hopefully we get to go. Huge fields for the kids to run around in.  Just what we need!!!

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #7937 on: January 29, 2021, 05:46:34 PM »
Hopefully we get to go. Huge fields for the kids to run around in.  Just what we need!!!

Great choice, I hope you do too!  :)

• Liked: 1892
« Reply #7938 on: January 29, 2021, 06:55:22 PM »
4.) I finally cracked sourdough in the bread machine, because I am a lazy baker! It took me a few tries, but  yum!  [smiley=chef.gif]

Give me some details!  I am all about sourdough in the bread machine.  I usually just throw some in with every batch just for the heck of it, even when using the bread machine recipes and it seems to make it taste better.    If I am feeling fancy, I use the proper sourghdough recipe and just use the machine to mix it and knead it, then let it sit overnight in the fridge before cooking it in the oven.   

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #7939 on: February 05, 2021, 10:14:25 PM »
Friyay!

1.  Another crazy week.  Feel like my daughter did a bit better with lockdown this week than she has the last two weeks.  I cannot wait for her to be back in school.  KIDS NEED SCHOOL.  And our teachers need their kids. 

2.  I really really really struggled last weekend.  And the weather is supposed to be awful again this weekend.  SUCKS.  UGH.

3.  We've ordered a large polytunnel for our allotment and that should arrive mid-week (5M x 2M x 2M).  It's Something for next weekend!  And we can start planting in March!  We've been having fun planning it out and are so excited for something to DO!!!!!!

4.  I'm fearful about half term, week after the coming week.  Not sure how to keep the 6 year old entertained while we are working without any schoolwork or her online karate, gymnastics, and football.  She's not a sit still and watch tv kid.  Which I love...I could take off work, but we would just sit and watch tv al week.  Can't go anywhere!

5.  Had a good call with a friend tonight.  She said she decided last week she needs to spin this all into a positive.  We are going to try to figure out how together.  :D

Have a good weekend everyone!

• Also known as PB&J ;-)
« Reply #7940 on: February 12, 2021, 10:51:37 AM »
Give me some details!  I am all about sourdough in the bread machine.  I usually just throw some in with every batch just for the heck of it, even when using the bread machine recipes and it seems to make it taste better.    If I am feeling fancy, I use the proper sourghdough recipe and just use the machine to mix it and knead it, then let it sit overnight in the fridge before cooking it in the oven.

Ahh meant to respond to this! I'm a lazy fecker and love the bread machine.  Basically followed this:

« Last Edit: February 12, 2021, 11:08:12 AM by phatbeetle »
You're stuck with me!

• Also known as PB&J ;-)
« Reply #7941 on: February 12, 2021, 11:17:23 AM »
3.  We've ordered a large polytunnel for our allotment and that should arrive mid-week (5M x 2M x 2M).  It's Something for next weekend!  And we can start planting in March!  We've been having fun planning it out and are so excited for something to DO!!!!!!
That's awesome! You'll be able to grow so much in that good amount of warm space!

Happy Friday all!

1.) What a freezing cold week!  Yesterday was so bad that every time I defrosted the chicken's water, it froze back up.  [smiley=elf.gif]

2.) Moved my computer off the dining room table and into my music room, now come office. Basically took us a year to sort out if we wanted actual office space, but now I'm thrilled to be out of the dining room!  [smiley=computer.gif]

3.) My sister has Covid and now waiting on test results for her kids, another sister and her kids and my parents. I'm pretty worried about my parents. I really hope they don't have Covid ,too many risk factors that make it very bad for them. And I can't do anything from here except worry!!  :-\\\\

4.) Need to start planning the garden out. Had grand ideas last year, but lockdown gardeners made things really hard. Still actually hard right now to get stuff, but I am sure that garden centres will be the first things to open back up and so I'm not too worried for this year  [smiley=daisy.gif] 

5.) This lockdown has been wearing on me more than the first.  Feeling pretty drained and tired all the time.  Definitely hope to get some Vit D this weekend, in the cold weather.  And to try and rekindle some fun things, whatever that may be.
You're stuck with me!

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #7942 on: February 12, 2021, 04:00:55 PM »
I hope your family will all be ok PB.  :-\\\\

• Also known as PB&J ;-)
« Reply #7943 on: February 12, 2021, 04:06:06 PM »
Thanks Larabee!
You're stuck with me!

• Liked: 424
« Reply #7944 on: February 12, 2021, 06:16:34 PM »
That's awesome! You'll be able to grow so much in that good amount of warm space!

Happy Friday all!

1.) What a freezing cold week!  Yesterday was so bad that every time I defrosted the chicken's water, it froze back up.  [smiley=elf.gif]

2.) Moved my computer off the dining room table and into my music room, now come office. Basically took us a year to sort out if we wanted actual office space, but now I'm thrilled to be out of the dining room!  [smiley=computer.gif]

3.) My sister has Covid and now waiting on test results for her kids, another sister and her kids and my parents. I'm pretty worried about my parents. I really hope they don't have Covid ,too many risk factors that make it very bad for them. And I can't do anything from here except worry!!  :-\\\\

4.) Need to start planning the garden out. Had grand ideas last year, but lockdown gardeners made things really hard. Still actually hard right now to get stuff, but I am sure that garden centres will be the first things to open back up and so I'm not too worried for this year  [smiley=daisy.gif] 

5.) This lockdown has been wearing on me more than the first.  Feeling pretty drained and tired all the time.  Definitely hope to get some Vit D this weekend, in the cold weather.  And to try and rekindle some fun things, whatever that may be.
Our thoughts and prayers are with you

• Liked: 239
« Reply #7945 on: February 12, 2021, 07:48:05 PM »
Hope everyone will be ok PB!
UK Spouse Visa (Priority)
Approved: 1 May 2018

FLR(M) Standard
Approved: 16 June 2021

ILR (SET M) Super Priority
Approved: 29 August 2023

« Reply #7946 on: February 13, 2021, 11:32:59 AM »
Ahh meant to respond to this! I'm a lazy fecker and love the bread machine.  Basically followed this:

Yeah, that's basically what I do as well.
Did I mention that I got the guys at the brewery to sell me some malt?  I guess maybe it's actually malted barley, but it's in big seeds.  I usually throw some of those in and it adds a nice taste. 

• Also known as PB&J ;-)
« Reply #7947 on: February 13, 2021, 01:45:38 PM »
I have done this way too with yeast, which is not authentic but bloody easy and still very tasty!
https://www.kingarthurbaking.com/recipes/bread-machine-sourdough-bread-recipe
You're stuck with me!

« Reply #7948 on: February 13, 2021, 03:45:10 PM »
I have done this way too with yeast, which is not authentic but bloody easy and still very tasty!
https://www.kingarthurbaking.com/recipes/bread-machine-sourdough-bread-recipe
I almost always add a little yeast as well as starter. 
I've gotten pretty lazy about my starter and feed it once every couple of days instead of every 12 hours.  Still seems to work OK.

• Liked: 585
« Reply #7949 on: February 15, 2021, 08:44:09 AM »

Any news from over the weekend PB?  Hope they will all be ok x

I'm thinking of trying to grow tomatoes in grow bags this year... when do I need to start SERIOUSLY considering this?  I expect I will need some sort of small (and cheap!) greenhouse for them... will need to be lockable, though, as my charming neighbours and their brats will undoubtedly try and steal stuff.

Sponsored Links