Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Friday Five!  (Read 410959 times)

• Liked: 1327
Re: Friday Five!
« Reply #8250 on: October 01, 2021, 09:48:20 AM »
If ny calculations are correct, it is Friday again, and I have successfully survived Birthday Week and levelled up.  Go me!

1.  My husband is awesome.

2.  I have electro-Cloud once again!  (Dual zone heated mattress pad thingie.)

3.  John Lewis's birthday was a hit... he loves his drums, and he had cake!

4.  My ABG experience wasn't ideal, and the results weren't reassuring, but I've spoken to my consultant and he's assured me that my lack of panic is fine given my history (despite my nurse's reaction to my results).  He understood my risk-benefit assessment regarding covid exposure and the need to maintain my existing health issues, and he agreed with my plan to retest under better conditions (and ordered the tests I requested if further investigation is required).  I continue to appreciate my consultant.

5.  Our little portable induction hob died the day after my husband found a different one on special offer in which the first reviewer said "it simmers!!", so my husband bought it.  We were not without an induction hob for long enough to notice.  That was lucky.  :)
9/1/2013 - "fiancée" (marriage) visa issued
4/6/2013 - married (certificate issued same-day)
5/6/2013 - FLR(M)#1 in person -- approved!
8/1/2016 - FLR(M)#2 by post -- approved!
8/5/2018 - ILR in person -- approved!
22/11/2018 - Citizenship (online, with NDRS+JCAP) -- approved!
14/12/2018 - I became a British citizen.  :)

• Also known as PB&J ;-)
  • Liked: 844
« Reply #8251 on: October 01, 2021, 10:55:51 AM »
Happy Birthday JFKimberly!

Happy Friday!

1.) Had a nice night out with a friend on Wednesday night with some pints and some live music. Like the before times!   [smiley=2thumbsup.gif]

2.) October already.  Time is flying. [smiley=dizzy2.gif]

3.) Just made more coffee. Two cups didn't cut it this morning.  [smiley=sleeping2.gif]

4.) Organising Christmas gigs now.  Tis the season already  [smiley=elf.gif]

5.) Was craving congee this morning, but didn't have the time to sort it all out. So made something similar with porridge and it was ace!!  [smiley=chef.gif]
I've never gotten food on my underpants!
Work permit (2007) to British Citizen (2014)
You're stuck with me!

• Liked: 387
« Reply #8252 on: October 01, 2021, 03:00:48 PM »
I remembered this week!!  Fri-yay!

1.  It's a splurge day food-wise!  I got a pumpkin spice frappuccino and a pumpkin spice yumnut.  I'm sure my doctors would have something to say about it, but I've been so healthy all the other days.  I'm trying to make the frappuccino last the rest of the afternoon while I'm working from home and the yumnut will be for pud tonight.  And I'm splitting it with DH. 

2.  I am hoping I gave £20 to a charity this morning, but have a horrible feeling that I might have been scammed.  The charity seemed legit, had a very detailed explanation of what the money would be used for, and the representatives were collecting inside my local M&S (where the aforementioned yumnut came from).  The M&S staff were fine with them being there, and had given them a little table area to solicit donations from - so I guess I had assumed the collectors had been vetted to be genuine by the store staff.  They had legit-looking ID badges and collection boxes.  They gave me a receipt for the donation.  But when I tried to look up the charity online, I couldn't find anything about it.  So now I feel bad (and very foolish) that I potentially gave £20 to fraudsters, when the cause was really something I would have wanted the money to go to.  It was a group (supposedly?) campaigning to have BSL offered as a language elective in schools across the UK, and a push to have Makaton sign language classes more affordable and accessible to parents and children with an autism-spectrum disorder.  It seemed incredibly niche for a fraudster, but I guess you never know...

3.  I have shiny new glasses, I can see so much better now, and I look fabulous in them.

4.  I'm getting very tempted to dye my hair.  Get a streak of purple or blue or crimson or something.  Hot girl summer is over.  Goth girl autumn has begun.

5.  I'm a bit nervous/excited about getting the COVID booster and flu jab at the same time soon.  My arms are going to hate me!

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #8253 on: October 01, 2021, 05:00:19 PM »
Friyay!

1.  Had to have a kid Covid tested this week. For a family that simply “follows the rules” and isn’t overly cautious, this was pretty good going.  It’s the boy with a continuous cough.  One of those “I know it’s not Covid but how can I say it’s not Covid if we haven’t been tested” things.  So we fulfilled our duty to society and had him tested. Negative as kids = germs. But I expect us all to fall with actual Covid in the next 10 days after having attend a Covid testing site.  ;)

2.  I have a Heath concern that I raised to my doctor. Being taken seriously but two week path is scary.  Saw GP yesterday and could have been seen Monday by consultant (I chose Thursday due to life commitments).  Nothing horrific but always a bit scary when NHS moves fast.

3.  We selected a second kitten on Sunday but haven’t finalised a name. Stay tuned.  The two kittens were born 4 days apart and will hopefully be fast friends. Plan to pause the collection for the time being.  ;D

4.  Had a kitchen appointment today that seemed PRODUCTIVE.  I think this person will be the FIRST to actually give us a design and quote.  ::)

5.  Dr Pepper Zero has been out of stock for weeks and it’s slowly killing me. Maybe that’s all #2 is?  Lack of Dr Pepper!   ;D

• Also known as PB&J ;-)
« Reply #8254 on: October 01, 2021, 05:26:19 PM »
Wow 2 week path is scary KFDancer. Hope all okay!!
You're stuck with me!

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #8255 on: October 01, 2021, 08:41:01 PM »
Wow 2 week path is scary KFDancer. Hope all okay!!

It had a happy ending with my husbands coeliac diagnosis. Swift diagnosis and path to recovery. Just hope mine issue is as “easy”. Good thoughts appreciated!

• Liked: 424
« Reply #8256 on: October 01, 2021, 09:00:49 PM »
Nothing but good thoughts Kf!! And prayers….and ….fingers crossed

« Reply #8257 on: October 01, 2021, 10:30:21 PM »
I have a Heath concern that I raised to my doctor. Being taken seriously but two week path is scary.  Saw GP yesterday and could have been seen Monday by consultant (I chose Thursday due to life commitments).  Nothing horrific but always a bit scary when NHS moves fast.

Wishing you all the best!  Hoping there isn't anything sinister going on.

« Reply #8258 on: October 01, 2021, 10:34:59 PM »
If ny calculations are correct, it is Friday again, and I have successfully survived Birthday Week and levelled up.  Go me!

w00t!  Happy birthday!!

My ABG experience wasn't ideal, and the results weren't reassuring, but I've spoken to my consultant and he's assured me that my lack of panic is fine given my history (despite my nurse's reaction to my results).  He understood my risk-benefit assessment regarding covid exposure and the need to maintain my existing health issues, and he agreed with my plan to retest under better conditions (and ordered the tests I requested if further investigation is required).  I continue to appreciate my consultant.

Sorry to hear that experience wasn't great, and hoping the retest goes well.  Your consultant sounds like one of the better ones out there. 

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #8259 on: October 02, 2021, 03:54:09 AM »
Just hope mine issue is as “easy”. Good thoughts appreciated!

Always!

• Also known as PB&J ;-)
« Reply #8260 on: October 08, 2021, 01:44:05 PM »
Happy Friday!

1.) Met my boss for a coffee this morning.  Talking in real life, imagine!  :D

2.) Going away for the weekend. No cooking, no washing up! Happy days!  [smiley=2thumbsup.gif]

3.) Been actually a quiet work week since most of China has been on Mid-Autumn Festival (Golden Week) [smiley=balloon.gif] [smiley=balloon.gif]

4.) Been enjoying some goodies from American Grocer this week (their sales are really good buys!) [smiley=smitten.gif]

5.) Asked the in-laws to come by and check on the guinea pigs this weekend, but they begged to have them at their house even just a few days. They love having them any chance they get.   ;D
You're stuck with me!

« Reply #8261 on: October 08, 2021, 01:56:22 PM »

2.) Going away for the weekend. No cooking, no washing up! Happy days!  [smiley=2thumbsup.gif]

Have a great time!  :)

5.) Asked the in-laws to come by and check on the guinea pigs this weekend, but they begged to have them at their house even just a few days. They love having them any chance they get.   ;D

Oh, I would too!  :D

• Liked: 1327
« Reply #8262 on: October 08, 2021, 02:04:32 PM »
It's Friday, and everything is on the up!  (I'm so relieved!)

PB!  I envy your no cooking or washing up!  Enjoy that. And I, too, got out of the house and had real conversation (with my respiratorynurse and the supervisory respiratory nurse, but whatever... it was real people!) today.

1.  I'm just home from the hospital again, and this time we're all on the same page.  It was a b!tch getting the ABG, but it was worth it as my numbers are, indeed, better than what we saw last time, and we're all happy that I am sorted.  We'll do one more ear scratch test in a week or two to make sure I'm still going in the right direction, but I'm satisfied that it's all good now.

2.  That whole ordeal spoiled my Birthday Week, and now I have to wait until next year for a new one.  I'm sad.  But at least it turned out not bad.

3.  I was inspired to finally work on getting fit (or, at least shake the 5kg that I gradually put on since moving to the UK).  My primary methods are reduced portion sizes, and I've cut my fizzy drink consumption by half, and replaced the missing half with increased water intake.  I already feel better, and it's only been a week and a half.

4.  WPD are out trimming our "hedges" (our "trees") along the shared boundary withour neighbours.  They were tall enough to reach our neighbours's electricity supply.  They're making a chaotic mess of everything.  We're researching our right to have the power line diverted away from our property and our trees.  So far as we know, there is no wayleave or easement in place, except we have granted them access each time they've requested to trim our trees... we'd just like this chaos to stop.

5.  Something positive... hmm... Oh!  In the interest of getting fit, we've been trying new ideas for noms.  There have been some really good ones, and one or two "let's just get through this".  :)
9/1/2013 - "fiancée" (marriage) visa issued
4/6/2013 - married (certificate issued same-day)
5/6/2013 - FLR(M)#1 in person -- approved!
8/1/2016 - FLR(M)#2 by post -- approved!
8/5/2018 - ILR in person -- approved!
22/11/2018 - Citizenship (online, with NDRS+JCAP) -- approved!
14/12/2018 - I became a British citizen.  :)

« Reply #8263 on: October 08, 2021, 02:20:27 PM »

1.  I'm just home from the hospital again, and this time we're all on the same page.  It was a b!tch getting the ABG, but it was worth it as my numbers are, indeed, better than what we saw last time, and we're all happy that I am sorted.  We'll do one more ear scratch test in a week or two to make sure I'm still going in the right direction, but I'm satisfied that it's all good now.

That's such good news!

• Liked: 14
« Reply #8264 on: October 14, 2021, 01:12:40 PM »
My husband's birthday was last week, as I have mentioned in previous weeks.  His gift from me (a super cheap welder that was even cheaper because it was either a customer return or a shop display, and it had some cosmetic damage) went over better than I'd hoped.  He mostly liked it for the reason I chose it: it was stupid cheap and gave him an opportunity to try the thing and figure out what he wants to spend big money on.  I would've liked to have got one that was gas/gasless, and not just gasless, but, again, this one was stupid cheap.  It was meant to be a "get your feet wet" kind of thing...

This is quite a few Fridays ago, but I enjoyed your post. How is your husband's welding going? I could use a welder to fix one of my bikes which, alas, wasn't stupid cheap. (For avoidance of doubt, I'm joking. The bike is titanium, which is kind of a specialty job.)
« Last Edit: October 14, 2021, 01:14:59 PM by conjunctionjunction »

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab