Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Friday Five!  (Read 410920 times)

• Also known as PB&J ;-)
  • Liked: 844
Re: Friday Five!
« Reply #8310 on: November 12, 2021, 09:39:32 AM »
Yummy apple pies JFKimberly. Yum!

Fingers and toes crossed for your wee one KFDancer ,hope it all goes okay and you get the answers you need!

Friday!

1.) Only on day 2 of my work week but I'm ready for it to be over already  :P  ::)

2.) Mexican Lager is fermenting away nicely   [smiley=2thumbsup.gif]

3.) Husband wants to go to House of Bruar sale this weekend. Couples hour drive, but often worth a venture down the A9. [smiley=crown.gif]

4.) Having to practise Christmas music already ,because the gigs start in just 2 weeks. And it's going to be a busy season. Yay, after no playing together for 20 months, this is amazing!   [smiley=elf.gif]

5.) Aldi definitely is winning the supermarket Christmas advert wars, IMHO! Their social media has been hilarious!  [smiley=joker.gif]
I've never gotten food on my underpants!
Work permit (2007) to British Citizen (2014)
You're stuck with me!

• Liked: 1327
« Reply #8311 on: November 12, 2021, 10:43:29 AM »
3.) Husband wants to go to House of Bruar sale this weekend. Couples hour drive, but often worth a venture down the A9. [smiley=crown.gif]

4.) Having to practise Christmas music already ,because the gigs start in just 2 weeks. And it's going to be a busy season. Yay, after no playing together for 20 months, this is amazing!   [smiley=elf.gif]

5.) Aldi definitely is winning the supermarket Christmas advert wars, IMHO! Their social media has been hilarious!  [smiley=joker.gif]

I've never really been interested in clothes/fashion before because: 1. my unique shape means I can't wear most fashionable things, and the things I can wear don't look good enough on me to get excited about spending money on it at all, and 2. I'm exceedingly frugal, anyway.  Buuuutttt, I just looked at House of Bruar, and that's my taste.  In my imaginary better life (the one in which I'm not bendy), I will continue in my career for longer so I can afford to dress in the nice things, and I will be softly sophisticated... finally.  Oh, also... I won't be sensitive to wool.  That's a hugely limiting thing.
9/1/2013 - "fiancée" (marriage) visa issued
4/6/2013 - married (certificate issued same-day)
5/6/2013 - FLR(M)#1 in person -- approved!
8/1/2016 - FLR(M)#2 by post -- approved!
8/5/2018 - ILR in person -- approved!
22/11/2018 - Citizenship (online, with NDRS+JCAP) -- approved!
14/12/2018 - I became a British citizen.  :)

• Also known as PB&J ;-)
  • Liked: 844
« Reply #8312 on: November 12, 2021, 10:57:53 AM »
I've never really been interested in clothes/fashion before because: 1. my unique shape means I can't wear most fashionable things, and the things I can wear don't look good enough on me to get excited about spending money on it at all, and 2. I'm exceedingly frugal, anyway.  Buuuutttt, I just looked at House of Bruar, and that's my taste.  In my imaginary better life (the one in which I'm not bendy), I will continue in my career for longer so I can afford to dress in the nice things, and I will be softly sophisticated... finally.  Oh, also... I won't be sensitive to wool.  That's a hugely limiting thing.

I'm definitely not bothered by anything fashion, I live in tye-dyes and colourful tee-shirts and hoodies and jeans.  But my husband loves all their clothing as he's a proper country gentleman  ;)  And well we both love all the homewares, decor, and the food hall! Oh the food hall!
I've never gotten food on my underpants!
Work permit (2007) to British Citizen (2014)
You're stuck with me!

« Reply #8313 on: November 12, 2021, 11:14:31 AM »
I'm definitely not bothered by anything fashion, I live in tye-dyes and colourful tee-shirts and hoodies and jeans.  But my husband loves all their clothing as he's a proper country gentleman  ;)  And well we both love all the homewares, decor, and the food hall! Oh the food hall!

Food hall... *wistful sigh*  I should have insisted on more trips in to London before the pandemic.  Or at least more dining out.  I don't think I'll go to a food hall ever again.  I can't even go to Aldi for groceries.

I'm not the tie-dye wearing kind (bold patterns and colours make me feel small(...er) and awkward(...er)).  But I'm all about jeans and hoodies.

• Liked: 1260
« Reply #8314 on: November 12, 2021, 02:28:05 PM »
I feel like sometimes I go to IKEA just for the homewares and foodhall  :D

Happy Friday (look at me, 2 weeks in a row LOL)

1. Really irritated because my ear is clogged (suspect it's a mild ear infection as I am prone to getting them and strep throat). It started with a throat feeling like it was on fire by Tuesday night, a full day off work Wednesday, and thinking I was on the mend Thursday before the pain moving across to my ear. Not much I can do but put a hot water bottle on it and take pills and hope it eases up but it's SUPER annoying because it's making me hear things awkwardly (like somebody has a voice changer on). Not pleased.

2. I've literally gotten at least 1 beer delivery every day this week XD Some paid for, some discounted, and some completed free. It's mostly podcast beers or people asking me to drink their beer and give honest feedback. My husband started the week cheerfully answering the door to just shouting "more beer." from the other room and today I told the guy who's delivered 50% of them that I don't normally get this much, I swear LOL.

3. THE BEER I ACTUALLY BREWED WITH A BREWERY ARRIVED YESTERDAY!! it's only being served on tap at the brewery in Sheffield but they kindly sent us some crowlers (cans canned straight from the tap). It's soo cool seeing something I made being listed on the breweries website for sale and to actually hold a can of it in my hand. I'm bringing a can into work next week for us all to try together and share.

4. I get to try it for the first time tonight as we're recording a podcast episode with one of the brewers. nervous but also excited to see how it turned out!

5. Meant to have in-laws over for dinner tomorrow. This will all depend on how I'm feeling (don't want to risk getting them sick). Trying to figure out what to make them....might be that we just do a variety of pizzas in the pizza oven as we've not got to use it with them yet and we're getting quite good at it :D May even need to throw a dessert pizza or two in there :p
My, how time flies....

* Married in the US and applied for first spousal visa August 2013
* Moved to the UK on said visa October 2013
* FLR(M) applied for  May 2016. Biometrics requested June 2016. Approval given July 2016.
* ILR applied for January 2019 (using priority processing). Approved February 2019.
* Citizenship applied for May  2019
* Citizenship approved on July 4th 2019
* Ceremony conducted on August 28th 2019

'Mommy, Wow! I'm a legit Brit now!'

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #8315 on: November 12, 2021, 02:57:10 PM »
I have met Aquila! She exists a s is even lovelier in person of you can believe that!

So happy for all the wonderful people I’ve met through here.   ;D

Little man still hasn’t gone back yet. He’s getting grumpier by the second. On a drip with sugars now. He will be taken back any minute thankfully.

« Reply #8316 on: November 12, 2021, 04:50:40 PM »
I have met Aquila! She exists a s is even lovelier in person of you can believe that!

So happy for all the wonderful people I’ve met through here.   ;D

Little man still hasn’t gone back yet. He’s getting grumpier by the second. On a drip with sugars now. He will be taken back any minute thankfully.
How soon after can he eat??

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

My, how time flies....

* FLR(M) applied for  May 2016. Biometrics requested June 2016. Approval given July 2016.
* ILR applied for January 2019 (using priority processing). Approved February 2019.

• Liked: 424
« Reply #8317 on: November 12, 2021, 06:12:05 PM »
Can’t send enough prayers and good thoughts……stay strong mommy

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

« Reply #8318 on: November 12, 2021, 06:56:00 PM »
How soon after can he eat??

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

He ate for England and would have kept going but we cut him off.  He now has “post Christmas dinner” nap needs. ;D

• Liked: 1892
« Reply #8319 on: November 12, 2021, 08:00:40 PM »
Good luck KFDancer!
I am still scarred by my daughter's awful experience at the shittiest swim club ever, Teddington Swim club.  After sitting through endless swimming lessons where they just focused on competition skills, she couldn't even tread water after two years.  Then they taught the kids how to do the racing start on ONE Sunday lesson that she missed and consequently came last in the one event she competed in.  I had to sit there and watch them give 150 kids medals while she was the only one who recieved absolutely nothing.  Needless to say, we never went back.  Jelous, weird backstabbing parents. 

• Liked: 1892
« Reply #8320 on: November 12, 2021, 08:03:59 PM »

2.  I was genuinely conflicted about the booster because I really wanted to go to the drive-through vaccination centre!  But I had already determined to skip the booster, so ... blah blah.

We could pretend!  You sit in your car and I'll pretend to screen you.  I volunteered for a bit at our local place so I know some of the questions by heart and can fake the rest. Might be hard over zoom though. 

« Reply #8321 on: November 12, 2021, 08:39:24 PM »
@jfkimberly, may I ask why you don’t want the booster?  Genuine curiosity - no judgement!

« Reply #8322 on: November 13, 2021, 10:25:35 AM »
He ate for England and would have kept going but we cut him off.  He now has “post Christmas dinner” nap needs. ;D

hahaha that's a good "problem" to have :) So glad it all went well. Fingers crossed for the results.

My, how time flies....

« Reply #8323 on: November 13, 2021, 10:46:43 AM »
@jfkimberly, may I ask why you don’t want the booster?  Genuine curiosity - no judgement!

It's kind of a long one, but what happened was this:

I had the first jab in February, and in the couple of days after, I was delighted that all I had was a bit of arm soreness.  Then there was another 8-week wait for dose #2.  One day I noticed that my normal activities were leaving me a little breathless and fatigued.  This breathlessness started to go away a bit, but came back full force after the second jab.  And it kept getting progressively worse, so I was using my oxygen more and more just to get through my days (I typically only have it when sleeping, so this was a bad time).

In May, we werestanding in the garden and I was huffing and puffing for breath and told my husband that my lungs were clear, so it didn't make sense and that it had to be my heart.  I have moderate mitral valve regurgitation (historically referred to as "class II"), but it's been fairly stable my whole life, and I was so afraid that it had finally decided to get worse, right in the middle of the pandemic when I didn't feel safe going to hospitals, so I couldn't just pop down for an echo to check it out.

May was the worst of it.  I struggled with everything.  And I was so afraid this was the change in my energy and ability to cope with exertion that I've been taught to watch out for, when tricky surgical intervention would be needed... I thought I had heart failure due to my leaky valve.

But then the news came out about myocarditis related to the vaccines, and I thought, "Well, that would explain everything I'm feeling... maybe that's what this is..."  No way to test it without going to hospital, but I felt emotionally much better that there was another explanation.

In July my O2 nurse called and instead of declining the visit, I felt the exposure risk was warranted and I negotiated a safety protocol for her to come round.  We had to wait until late August (it took that long because Respiratory is a hard-hit department), but from then until early October, it was a series of sorting out ABGs (I went to the hospital twice), and home visits to see if I was recovering from everything.

I am happy to report that I am now back to my pre-vaccine baseline, again. Whatever was wrong with my heart seems to be sorted and I'm staying oxygenated on room air again.  But I really don't want to risk going through all of that again.  I thought I had heart failure.  I thought I was dying.  :/

On the plus side, my team really wanted me to come in, and I wanted a spot check on my kidney, so I leveraged my cooperation for the extra blood draw.   They did a full panel, and the only problems they spotted were with the ABG, so my kidney is still working fine.  :)

« Reply #8324 on: November 13, 2021, 11:25:14 AM »
y
It's kind of a long one, but what happened was this:

I had the first jab in February, and in the couple of days after, I was delighted that all I had was a bit of arm soreness.  Then there was another 8-week wait for dose #2.  One day I noticed that my normal activities were leaving me a little breathless and fatigued.  This breathlessness started to go away a bit, but came back full force after the second jab.  And it kept getting progressively worse, so I was using my oxygen more and more just to get through my days (I typically only have it when sleeping, so this was a bad time).

In May, we werestanding in the garden and I was huffing and puffing for breath and told my husband that my lungs were clear, so it didn't make sense and that it had to be my heart.  I have moderate mitral valve regurgitation (historically referred to as "class II"), but it's been fairly stable my whole life, and I was so afraid that it had finally decided to get worse, right in the middle of the pandemic when I didn't feel safe going to hospitals, so I couldn't just pop down for an echo to check it out.

May was the worst of it.  I struggled with everything.  And I was so afraid this was the change in my energy and ability to cope with exertion that I've been taught to watch out for, when tricky surgical intervention would be needed... I thought I had heart failure due to my leaky valve.

But then the news came out about myocarditis related to the vaccines, and I thought, "Well, that would explain everything I'm feeling... maybe that's what this is..."  No way to test it without going to hospital, but I felt emotionally much better that there was another explanation.

In July my O2 nurse called and instead of declining the visit, I felt the exposure risk was warranted and I negotiated a safety protocol for her to come round.  We had to wait until late August (it took that long because Respiratory is a hard-hit department), but from then until early October, it was a series of sorting out ABGs (I went to the hospital twice), and home visits to see if I was recovering from everything.

I am happy to report that I am now back to my pre-vaccine baseline, again. Whatever was wrong with my heart seems to be sorted and I'm staying oxygenated on room air again.  But I really don't want to risk going through all of that again.  I thought I had heart failure.  I thought I was dying.  :/

On the plus side, my team really wanted me to come in, and I wanted a spot check on my kidney, so I leveraged my cooperation for the extra blood draw.   They did a full panel, and the only problems they spotted were with the ABG, so my kidney is still working fine.  :)

Well that makes complete sense. Thank for sharing your story. I’m glad you are back to baseline and certainly understand not wanting to push your heart further!  💕

Sponsored Links