Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Friday Five!  (Read 407958 times)

• Also known as PB&J ;-)
  • Liked: 840
Re: Friday Five!
« Reply #8445 on: January 28, 2022, 06:53:22 PM »
No one ever delivers stuff like that up here!  :\\\'(
Looks tasty though!

Ahh well hubby got a 5lb brisket from the butcher today which looks amazing , so just have to make our own.
I've never gotten food on my underpants!
Work permit (2007) to British Citizen (2014)
You're stuck with me!

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #8446 on: February 04, 2022, 07:46:32 AM »
No one ever delivers stuff like that up here!  :\\\'(
Looks tasty though!

Ahh well hubby got a 5lb brisket from the butcher today which looks amazing , so just have to make our own.

Self sufficiency is awesome!   :)

• Also known as PB&J ;-)
« Reply #8447 on: February 04, 2022, 09:27:25 AM »
Happy Friday!!

1.) Week flew by! January flew by! Woah!  O0

2.) Finished the last of our BBQ brisket yesterday and oh, man, it was absolutely perfect after a 10.5 hour slow cook. [smiley=chef.gif]

3.) Have a new musical project on the go! [smiley=guitarist.gif]

4.) Need more coffee  [smiley=sleeping2.gif]

5.)  Dreaming of a warm, exotic holiday!  [smiley=balloon.gif]
You're stuck with me!

• Liked: 1327
« Reply #8448 on: February 04, 2022, 02:29:34 PM »
Happy Friday, PB! I hope you've had more coffee by now, and you're taking on your day.

My five:

1.  The sun is shining, the birds are chirping, and our little corner of the world is bright and jolly.

2.  After giving up Coke about a month ago, I started consuming Vimto, which is a lot less sugar, but augmented with artificial sweeteners.  It still has sugar in as the second ingredient (after water), so I didn't think there was very much artificial sweetener in.  But I realized I've been feeling low-key unsettled in my stomach, and it only just occurred to me that I might be releasing too much insulin into my blood stream, causing my blood sugar to drop.  So now I'm just accepting that water is the healthy beverage for me.  First day without Vimto mixed in, and I feel completely fine.  I do like water, too.  I just also like flavoured drinks.

3.  I had my first virtual meeting yesterday.  It was enjoyable, even if we weren't great at staying on task.

4.  My husband is really pleased with my baguette progress.  The structure, texture, and colour are all good, but he's on an epic quest to find the missing element that makes it taste just like the ones he ate as a boy on holidays to France (we had some Italian flour in 2020 that was reminiscent, but my baguette skills were lacking then, and now we can't get that flour).  Today we received a 5kg bag of T65 flour from France.  My husband is giddily hopeful.  (We tried T55 from a British mill, wheat source unspecified, and he said it wasn't quite right.  I'm happy with almost anything if I have unsalted butter to shmear on.)

5.  I still haven't won a million pounds from my Premium Bonds.
9/1/2013 - "fiancée" (marriage) visa issued
4/6/2013 - married (certificate issued same-day)
5/6/2013 - FLR(M)#1 in person -- approved!
8/1/2016 - FLR(M)#2 by post -- approved!
8/5/2018 - ILR in person -- approved!
22/11/2018 - Citizenship (online, with NDRS+JCAP) -- approved!
14/12/2018 - I became a British citizen.  :)

• Liked: 3589
« Reply #8449 on: February 04, 2022, 02:38:12 PM »
My Friday Five:

1. My weight loss journey is going well... as of today, I've lost 15 lbs since the beginning of November :). Ideally I'd like to lose another 6 lbs in the next 4 weeks before I go to Ascension, but we'll see how it goes.

2. I recently ordered 2 new bikinis for Ascension, but I've just realised this morning that I might actually need to order the next size down in the tops as well!

3. I just rebooked the Disneyland Paris holiday (that I was supposed to take in December) for mid-July... I should hopefully be back from Ascension by then, but it can be cancelled and fully-refunded up to 7 days before. I was going to splash out and book a room in the new Marvel Hotel New York, but then I realised it was more expensive to stay there for 5 nights than it would be to fly to Orlando, hire a car and spend 7 nights/park days at Disney World! So, I've booked a cheaper Disneyland Paris hotel for less than half that price and hopefully can get back to Orlando sometime soon too.

4. Off to see Hamilton again in London next Thursday - can't wait!

5. I have my US visitor visa renewal interview next Friday... and stupid me forgot that I'm not allowed to wear glasses in the visa photo anymore, so I went and spent £10 on photos with my glasses on the other day, and then had to go back this afternoon and spend another £10 on photos without glasses. And that's on top of the £10 I alread paid for photos in November, which the online visa application wouldn't accept, so I had to get them redone  ::).

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #8450 on: February 05, 2022, 09:30:06 AM »
I’m late!  Where’s @Albatross been?!?

1.  Had a LOVELY full day at the spa yesterday. After 3 weeks of a covid house, it was MUCH needed. 

2.  Today is a massive house clean as none of us could be bothered the last few weeks.

3.  Extension is starting to fly.  My builder has been approached by several neighbors because they can’t believe the speed.  He was worth waiting for!

4.  Starting to look at moving out for a few weeks as it’s going to be tough to live here soon.  We are looking good for it to be complete by Easter!

5.  Now to get serious about ordering the “little things” that I haven’t been worried about.  Need to get cracking!!

• Also known as PB&J ;-)
« Reply #8451 on: February 11, 2022, 10:30:00 AM »
Happy Friday!!

1.) How is it Friday again? Week flew by!  :o

2.) Need more coffee  [smiley=sleeping2.gif]

3.) Meeting up with friends on Sunday.  [smiley=hat.gif]

4.) Been on a massive reorganisation kick and I'm slowly getting there.  [smiley=mickey.gif]

5.) Dreaming of spring!  [smiley=daisy.gif]
You're stuck with me!

« Reply #8452 on: February 11, 2022, 10:37:33 AM »
It's Friday! I think.  *checks*  Yep.  Friday!

Hey, PB!  You posted seconds before me.  It is spring here.  Things are on trees, fledglings seem to have fledged (I think... we have a sudden influx of tinier birds).  It could be spring.

1.  Animal lovers don't read this:  during the early days of pandemic, when my husband was living in the other part of the house, he bought a secondhand bugle.  I have just enough lung capacity to make a sound out of it.  In seemingly unrelated news, we have a squirrel going after our bird feeder.  Today, Squirrel was introduced to the bugle.  It was GLORIOUS!

2.  My husband just told me he's off Monday.  Bonus three-day weekend!

3.  The French flour is providing the flavour my husband was wanting, but it's lower protein, so now I have to alter everything else to get the structure back.  It's close, though.  We'll have proper baguettes soon, I think.

4.  The squirrel is back. He's nomming the ground food we put out.  We don't try to stop this.  We're trying to train him that the ground is okay, but he can't climb the feeder... mostly because he eats the feeder to get at the food.

5.  I never thought I'd get so interested in birds, but I find myself watching them throughout my husband's workday.  They're surprisingly entertaining.  Robins turned out to be little bullies.  I didn't know this.

« Reply #8453 on: February 11, 2022, 10:56:43 AM »
It's Friday! I think.  *checks*  Yep.  Friday!

Hey, PB!  You posted seconds before me.  It is spring here.  Things are on trees, fledglings seem to have fledged (I think... we have a sudden influx of tinier birds).  It could be spring.

1.  Animal lovers don't read this:  during the early days of pandemic, when my husband was living in the other part of the house, he bought a secondhand bugle.  I have just enough lung capacity to make a sound out of it.  In seemingly unrelated news, we have a squirrel going after our bird feeder.  Today, Squirrel was introduced to the bugle.  It was GLORIOUS!

2.  My husband just told me he's off Monday.  Bonus three-day weekend!

3.  The French flour is providing the flavour my husband was wanting, but it's lower protein, so now I have to alter everything else to get the structure back.  It's close, though.  We'll have proper baguettes soon, I think.

4.  The squirrel is back. He's nomming the ground food we put out.  We don't try to stop this.  We're trying to train him that the ground is okay, but he can't climb the feeder... mostly because he eats the feeder to get at the food.

5.  I never thought I'd get so interested in birds, but I find myself watching them throughout my husband's workday.  They're surprisingly entertaining.  Robins turned out to be little bullies.  I didn't know this.

Awww! Robins are extremely territorial little guys.  :)
The thing about squirrels is that they don't eat until they are full, they will  keep taking food and hiding it until the feeder is empty. I know they are  saving it for the lean times but I'm never sure if they ever go back for it. I've found sprouting peanuts when I've been weeding!

« Reply #8454 on: February 11, 2022, 02:22:27 PM »
Awww! Robins are extremely territorial little guys.  :)
The thing about squirrels is that they don't eat until they are full, they will  keep taking food and hiding it until the feeder is empty. I know they are  saving it for the lean times but I'm never sure if they ever go back for it. I've found sprouting peanuts when I've been weeding!

Do you let the peanuts grow?  I imagine the birds would like it.

« Reply #8455 on: February 11, 2022, 04:31:07 PM »
Do you let the peanuts grow?  I imagine the birds would like it.

I have never tried.   :)

• Also known as PB&J ;-)
« Reply #8456 on: February 11, 2022, 04:39:57 PM »
I'm impressed the peanuts even sprouted, as they need soil conditions (weather conditions??) above 18C ! They wouldn't grow well in Scotland though as they need a long, hot summer (something we seriously lack here.    ;) :P )
You're stuck with me!

« Reply #8457 on: February 11, 2022, 04:57:39 PM »
I'm impressed the peanuts even sprouted, as they need soil conditions (weather conditions??) above 18C ! They wouldn't grow well in Scotland though as they need a long, hot summer (something we seriously lack here.    ;) :P )

Well, when I say sprouted, a little root beginning only. I was surprised myself though.. maybe it was something that just looked like a peanut with a little root growing?!  :)

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #8458 on: February 11, 2022, 05:17:05 PM »
Friyay!

1.  Week has  FLOWN by

2.  Moving into temporary accommodation tomorrow. Money is flying out of my account at a terrifying rate!

3.  Quirky place we are going.  Normally hired to production crews for films but lack of business means dude is happy for us to cover his mortgage and we get a house on 4 acres for a couple of months.  ;D

4.  I ate Taco Bell for the first time since moving to the U.K. today. OMG, it did NOT disappoint.

5.  I can’t believe tonight (or maybe tomorrow) is the last night I’ll spend in my bed in my room. I’m a bit sad!

• Also known as PB&J ;-)
« Reply #8459 on: February 18, 2022, 09:00:36 AM »
Happy Friday!!
How's that house on 4 acres KFDancer? Exciting!

1.) Snow starting to fall [smiley=elf.gif]

2.) Playing some music with my mates again after a very long absence on Sunday. We have a wee folk-rock-prog-mash-up band, mostly just for fun.  [smiley=guitarist.gif]

3.) My husband has been into making stews and one pots and casseroles lately.  So good.  Total comfort food. He made Lancashire Hot Pot last night and it was amazing.   And we have leftovers for lunch!  [smiley=chef.gif]

4.) Still in kitchen re-organisation mode  >:D

5.) Hmm. Not much else. Coffee? Always a need for coffee!  [smiley=2thumbsup.gif] [smiley=2thumbsup.gif]
You're stuck with me!

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab