Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Heroes Spoiler thread  (Read 5226 times)

• Liked: 0
Heroes Spoiler thread
« on: February 15, 2007, 06:43:28 PM »
Anybody have questions, crazy theories, plot twists to talk about, we can do it here. 

What's everyone's take on Nicki?  Is her superpower just the strength she has when Jessica takes over or is there something else?  Is being strong really a superpower when looked at with everyone else's powers?

How did Linderman manage to get her out of jail and how did he know he could turn her into his own private hitman?

I am waaayyy too into this show ;D

• Dar
  • Geek of the medieval persuasion

Re: Heroes Spoiler thread
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2007, 07:14:48 PM »
I think Nikki's power is Jessica.  Not Jessica's strength (which is phenominal) necessarily, but, Jessica herself.  In the last episode, when Jessica was in the stairwell, Matt heard both of them speaking and the audience saw both of them standing in different places.  It is like Nikki's super power is the ability to literally be two people.  I don't think it is just limited to Nikki's mind and personality as the show previously alluded to.  I think more will be revealed as the show progresses (of course!) .

In regards to Linderman, well, I think he knew it would work because he knows how to appeal to Jessica and he also must have connections in the political/government sense.  He seems to have a lot of contact with the "heroes" so I think that he knows about their powers, may even have powers himself, and seems to have dealings with very specific things that relate to the "heroes" (he collects the paintings, has possession of the sword Hiro needs, etc.).

So, was anyone else screaming at the TV when Sylar was talking to Dr. Suresh?  I was screaming, "Run! Run! Run!"

And what is the back story behind Claire's adopted father?  How does he know everything?  Do you think he is working for Linderman?

I LOVE this show!  ;D
I am the architect of my destiny.

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2007, 10:36:17 PM »
I have a feeling we might already know Mr. Linderman.

Loving the story with Claire now; but can't say I was too surprised to find out who her real father is.

Yeah, I feel like the Nikki/Jessica deal kinda mucks things up a bit as it's the only character we don't fully get what her 'power' is... how is her strength or even ability to be two people an 'ability'?  All it seems to have done is muck things up for her and her family!

Always fun to watch Hiro and Ando, and though I think Peter's my least favourite, I LOVE that Christopher Eccleston has now joined!

And yes, I gasped aloud on the tube when the guy opened the door and it was Syler, not Mohinder!  But you know he can't die... at least for awhile... so it will be fun to see what happens between them.

As long as I don't have to watch more of Clea DuVall act on this show ... normally I like her, but for some reason she bugs in her FBI "Come on Parkman, you're gonna cost me my JOB" stereotype tough woman cop schtick.
Hollywood, CA -> London, UK 2004
London, UK -> Long Beach, CA 2007

Best 3 1/2 years of my life!

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2007, 10:53:54 PM »

I was thinking the same thing. I just can't decide who he might be.  When Hiro and Ando were being chased and then taken to "the boss", i swore they were getting taken to Linderman and couldn't believe it turned out to be Hiro's dad.  When are they gonna show us who Linderman is???

And what is the back story behind Claire's adopted father?  How does he know everything?  Do you think he is working for Linderman?

As far as him working for Linderman, I think so sometimes, but then other times maybe not.  He was trying to stop sylar and so he seems to be a good guy, but then he screws with his wifes head and keeps trying to hide things from Claire so then i think he's a bad guy.  I can't make up my mind.

Always fun to watch Hiro and Ando, and though I think Peter's my least favourite, I LOVE that Christopher Eccleston has now joined!

I love him!! It's awesome that they've put him in.

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2007, 11:06:51 PM »
When are they gonna show us who Linderman is???

Probably about the same time it took to show us The Others and their leader ;)
« Last Edit: February 15, 2007, 11:20:51 PM by ~Elizabeth~ »

« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2007, 11:08:38 PM »
 ;D yeah probably.  They like to string us along.

« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2007, 02:17:05 AM »
What's everyone's take on Nicki?

Let me begin by saying that I'm getting REALLY tired of the Niki/Jessica plotline.  It's not really going anywhere, and I'm getting tired of them beating me over the head with it (I get it... Jessica's evil!!).  That being said, I'm sure there is more to them than we know.  I think the fact that they are slowly (too slowly!) becoming two separate individuals, as we saw on the stairs, is a big part of that.  They need to step up on her storyline big time.

Assuming there really IS a Mr. Linderman.  I'm starting to wonder if it's a case of "Don't pay attention to that man behind the curtain".  If you know what I mean...

As long as I don't have to watch more of Clea DuVall act on this show ... normally I like her, but for some reason she bugs in her FBI "Come on Parkman, you're gonna cost me my JOB" stereotype tough woman cop schtick.

Thank you!  I'm not familiar with her previous work, so I don't know if it's her or the writers, but her scenes are painful to watch.  Plus, they gave her bad hair.  That's almost unforgiveable.

« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2007, 09:55:13 AM »
I get it... Jessica's evil!!
Exactly.
And sure, they need to speed it up, but they need to get it on a par with the other characters' storylines, as we can see how and why they're confused but trying to use their powers for good... whereas Nikki seems just as confused and frustrated as we are!

Assuming there really IS a Mr. Linderman.  I'm starting to wonder if it's a case of "Don't pay attention to that man behind the curtain".  If you know what I mean...
In a way, yes, that's kind of what I'm thinking.  I think he's come across our screens already, either in a smaller, unnoticeable role, or a major one, and the Linderman bit is a cover of power.

Thank you!  I'm not familiar with her previous work, so I don't know if it's her or the writers, but her scenes are painful to watch.  Plus, they gave her bad hair.  That's almost unforgiveable.
I have a vivid memory of seeing her in The Astronaut's Wife with Johnny Depp and Charlize Theron... believe it or not, one of the WORST films EVER.  Dull, dull, dull... made absolutely NO sense, but thinking, hey, the girl who plays the sister is really good!.  Maybe she just doesn't know how to play a 'cop' or... I dunno.  Cuz the other chick who plays her boss or whatever is even worse!  Thank god we hardly ever see her.

Cop hair.  :)
GIRL cop hair.
Yuk.
You're right.

« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2007, 03:00:19 PM »
I think Nikki's power is Jessica.  Not Jessica's strength (which is phenominal) necessarily, but, Jessica herself.  In the last episode, when Jessica was in the stairwell, Matt heard both of them speaking and the audience saw both of them standing in different places.  It is like Nikki's super power is the ability to literally be two people.  I don't think it is just limited to Nikki's mind and personality as the show previously alluded to.  I think more will be revealed as the show progresses (of course!) .

In regards to Linderman, well, I think he knew it would work because he knows how to appeal to Jessica and he also must have connections in the political/government sense.  He seems to have a lot of contact with the "heroes" so I think that he knows about their powers, may even have powers himself, and seems to have dealings with very specific things that relate to the "heroes" (he collects the paintings, has possession of the sword Hiro needs, etc.).

So, was anyone else screaming at the TV when Sylar was talking to Dr. Suresh?  I was screaming, "Run! Run! Run!"

I LOVE this show!  ;D

I like how you think!   ;)  I also think Linderman, (if hes a real person) has powers himself.  I was screaming at the TV when Sylar offered to help Suresh find all the Heroes!  He just wants to kill each one so he has every power!    :o

I just cant put my finger on Claires dad....just not sure about that one... Is it time for another episode yet!  Hate waiting!!!  :P

« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2007, 03:26:56 PM »
Heroes is on tonight in the US and they've been showing previews right and left.  Anybody have any theories on who's gonna die?  They keep playing this preview saying "one's going to fly, one's going to die".  I hate the idea of them killing someone off already.

« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2007, 03:52:20 PM »
I think it's going to be Claire's mom.  I know it's the obvious choice, but it wouldn't make sense for one of the heroes to die right now.  If it IS going to be one of them, I'm guessing Matt.  At the moment he's the least integral to the plot.  At least, what they've revealed of it...

« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2007, 04:12:15 PM »
I kinda thought Claire's mom too.  One of the previews they showed last night showed Claire telling her dad she had to protect the family from him. 

« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2007, 04:28:50 PM »
Awfully intriguing if they killed off a major character!
I'd be fine with Peter going (dunno why, he bugs a bit... but then I want to see what happens with Claude, Christopher Eccleston's character).

Too bad it won't be Clea DuVall's character. ;)

I hope it's not Matt; I like the character (and the actor, Greg Grunberg, aka Eric Weiss, from my fave series of all-time ALIAS :) )... anyhooo, I think he and his storyline can go a long way.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2007, 04:33:37 PM by ~Elizabeth~ »

« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2007, 06:18:17 PM »
I hope it's not Matt; I like the character (and the actor, Greg Grunberg, aka Eric Weiss, from my fave series of all-time ALIAS :) )... anyhooo, I think he and his storyline can go a long way.

Don't get me wrong - I'm not saying I WANT him to die, just that he's probably the most likely to.

I'm also kinda thinking Ando might go.  Aside from being Hiro's straight man, I'm not really sure what his purpose is. ???

« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2007, 02:18:50 PM »
Ok, have you guys in the UK seen this weeks episode yet?  Not sure when it airs there vs. here.

Sponsored Links