Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Equus opening in the West End with Daniel Radcliffe and Richard Griffiths  (Read 4386 times)

• Snaps
  • Liked: 11
Re: Equus opening in the West End with Daniel Radcliffe and Richard Griffiths
« Reply #30 on: February 25, 2007, 02:14:38 PM »
It's a gorgeous production.

So glad you liked it! I've heard nothing but praise for it!
My Project 365 photo blog: Snaps!

Re: Equus opening in the West End with Daniel Radcliffe and Richard Griffiths
« Reply #31 on: February 26, 2007, 04:33:37 PM »
Wait a minute!  No one has asked the really IMPORTANT question:

Is it Photoshopped or not? ;D

• Liked: 3
Went and saw this last weekend. It was excellent! Elizabeth, I agree with you on the horses. They were fantastic! I didn't know the story at all before going (except that it was about a boy who harms some horses), so it was really gripping for me. Glad I got to see it! And as for the nekkidness....it's funny how everyone focuses on Daniel Radcliffe (who was a bit too skinny for my liking), because the girl (good ol' whatshername) is completely naked as well.

• Liked: 0
I want to see this play but my husband refuses to go with me!!!

June

I want to see this play but my husband refuses to go with me!!!

June

Hmmm....did you tell him the girl gets naked too?? Maybe that will sway him! Oh, and they sell Haagen Das at intermission!!!  :D

He knows the girl gets naked, he told me so!

If that's the only reason to try to persuade someone, best not to go.  :-\\\\
Hollywood, CA -> London, UK 2004
London, UK -> Long Beach, CA 2007

Best 3 1/2 years of my life!

Wait a minute!  No one has asked the really IMPORTANT question:

Is it Photoshopped or not? ;D

Is it strange that I hope it's photoshopped? Something about knowing exactly what his bits look like isn't appealing to me at all. I remember watching GoF in the theater and a bunch of ADULT women gasping and swooning, OUT LOUD, in the theater and I yelled "You guys are sick! He's only 14!" and all the guys clapped. Now I don't think I can look at him without remember just how cute* he was in the first movie.

ETA: *like so cute I want to pinch his little cheeks because he's so cute, cute.

There's so much other, more interesting, stuff going on in the play at that moment, that doesn't have to do with him being naked. You honestly forget about it and get immersed into what's going on.

There's so much other, more interesting, stuff going on in the play at that moment, that doesn't have to do with him being naked. You honestly forget about it and get immersed into what's going on.

Oh I believe you, trust me. I'm just saying about the Photoshopped Or Not Photoshopped picture. THAT is the creepy bit. If I was in a theater and couldn't see him that closely, I wouldn't be bothered and it'd be different. From 20 feet away (or however far away your seats may be) you can't possibly get the same amount of detail that that picture had, especially when there are other things going on during a live performance. The idea of a nude, close up picture of him is what is disturbing to me just because I feel like I kinda watched him grow up in the movies. It'd be like seeing the kid I babysat for 8 years naked. Yikes!

Got it.

THANK you.
Hollywood, CA -> London, UK 2004
London, UK -> Long Beach, CA 2007

Best 3 1/2 years of my life!

• Liked: 2
It's closing in early June.......
"When a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford." - Samuel Johnson

Dang, this play wasn't a good choice for us.  Too much static talking, not enough action... and the accent of the psychiatrist character didn't help.  My husband couldn't follow much of it, and fell asleep.  (Reminder; his English is intermediate.)

I thought it was good!  The horses especially.  I thought they looked silly at first, but I believed in them totally by the end.  The lighting was amazing.  There were tons of very funny parts.  The ending was done a bit too quickly, I think... there could have been more time spent on showing how the psychiatrist took on the gods/psychosis of the boy.  I've not seen the original script, though.

Daniel was fine.  Not great, in my opinion.  He sounded just like he always does, when he's supposed to be an uneducated raw 'pure' male.  He certainly drew in the full house of mostly young girls, though!  The nude scene gave them all a kind of... bonus viewing experience...  I've often wondered how guys control that when they model nude, etc...

Anyways, if your SO can understand English well, I'd recommend seeing it.

Sponsored Links