Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Hello  (Read 2702 times)

• Liked: 0
Re: Hello
« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2002, 05:01:36 AM »
Hi Havertown!

I just love this site! Yo, youse guys is great. I've been trying  to find out how to get cheap phone rates for ages & you just handed it to me. My friend in Surrey are constantly going on about how much it costs to call the US. Her sons and mother are over here. 5p is fine.

We need to start a new topic for parents of adult children in the US and children with older parents in the US! (Or is this Parenting) I realize it comes under the heading of missing your family but I think parent/child relationships are changing and it is uncharted territory. Grandma isn't around the corner anymore and there are new high tech ways to build relationships. I'm pricing good webcams. And of course you talk to your mother several times a week - that is as it should be.

My sister lives in Havertown - Rogers Road behind the new Wawa. I spent much time at Chez Vous with Jerry Blavat. (I'm guessing you'll have to ask your mother). Thanks for the welcome. Can't wait.
In one success, a thousand failures lie forgotten...In one refusal to try, a thousand successes may prematurely die.

• Living by the sea with the man of my dreams!
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2002, 07:11:26 AM »
Mary, great idea about a special topic area for parents of adult kids/older parents in the US.  I have a feeling, as you do, that there will be special issues we'll be dealing with!

My daughter also wants to spend a lot of time with me and talk on the phone every day.  She does, however, say now that she's okay with the move but that it's taken her 6 months to get here. I told her I'd call her several times a week and that we'll probably talk more now then in the last few years.

Two more days until I leave!  I'm sitting in my "almost" empty apt. with my bags all packed!!!  I'm truly ready to go now but unfortunately, my flight's not until Tuesday!!  I'll keep you posted!  Keep us posted on your plans too!  I know you have lots to do but your time to leave will be here before you know it!
Life should NOT be a journey to the
grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well
preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand,
wine in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and
screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"

• Liked: 24
« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2002, 06:46:41 PM »
Hello Mary, welcome. :)

I do read the intros though I don't always have time to post, and I try to get back to them when I have time.

Snap, as they say here, I was just thinking about a separate board for those who left grown children, as I was reading another similar posting. Must be meant to be. Someone remind me after the new year. ;)

I also wanted to mention that you can save more on your phone bills by using Planet Talk, we get 3p per minute to the US. At that price it's not much different than local calls.

http://www.planet-talk.co.uk/

:)

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab