Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Finally Married! Now a question about spouse visa to UK and bank statements...  (Read 522 times)

• Liked: 0
Hello, all!

First off, I really enjoy this website.  I know I don't post much, but I find so much information and it really helps!  I wouldn't have known about the hike in fees for the visas if it weren't for UK-Yankee.com!  Thank you!  :D

Secondly, my husband and I were married February 17th of this year (  ;D ) and have been struggling in getting the application together for our marriage visa.  We were waiting for the tenancy on our house to go through, which it has! So, that has been a sigh of relief.  However, we've a problem in regards to his bank statements.  My husband has been receiving e-statements for years.  Now, the websites that we've looked at said that they aren't a bad thing, but those that review the applications are reluctant to accept them due to easy forgery.   :-\\\\

My question is this...Would it be okay if we decided to use the e-statements?  Or could he perhaps get them signed by his local bank if they verify the records as accurate?  Or should we take even more time to wait until paper ones arrive in the mail after 5-10 business days, and miss the deadline for when the fees will hike?  ???

Any help would be more than helpful!  Thank you so much!

Sincerely,
CRAsgirl

Maybe you could you go into the bank and have them print off a statement.

Maybe you could you go into the bank and have them print off a statement.

This would be my suggestion as well.
Now a triple citizen!

Student visa 9/06-->Int'l Grad Scheme 1/08-->FLR(M) 7/08-->ILR 6/10-->British citizenship 12/12

That's the problem...We can't.  He already went in to his bank last week to see if he could get the bank to print off statements.  They want him to order them from another company that's linked with the bank and wait for them to arrive in the mail.  Hence, why I'm wondering if we could just use the e-statements...

I know some folks here have had success with getting the bank to officially stamp the e-statements to authenticate them...don't know if that would work for you but it's worth a try, I guess.
Now a triple citizen!

Student visa 9/06-->Int'l Grad Scheme 1/08-->FLR(M) 7/08-->ILR 6/10-->British citizenship 12/12

That's a good idea!  I will definitely suggest it.  Thank you!

Sponsored Links