Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Update! Vacation in Amsterdam!  (Read 614 times)

Update! Vacation in Amsterdam!
« on: March 27, 2007, 05:00:15 PM »
Ok here it is. We haven't really been active on the forum lately however plans have been active. I didn't want to post anything until plans were 100% definite BUT it looks as if for the first time in a year Shwn and I will be seeing each other in only 3 days! *cheers* From March 30th - April 14th we're going to be in Amsterdam!!! *cheers again*

I've booked a flight with Icelandair, after staring at prices for 3 weeks straight, from here to Amsterdam for $660 (they were the cheapest I recommend looking at them). Shwn has booked a flight with KLM from Bristol, England to Amsterdam, which was cheaper than going from Cardiff, Wales to Amsterdam.

A while back I'd been looking around at hotels and come to the conclusion that in the time frame we had to work with there was NO CHANCE we could afford to get a hotel so after some investigating I discovered a website called Aan Zee (http://www.aanzee.com/villa/aze_fe_main.php) which seemed to be reasonable. So far they've been good. We found a lovely apartment on a place called Java Island which is not only on a bus line connecting to the metro but right on the outskirts of Amsterdam on the water. YEAH! The total for the apartment (with full kitchen etc, which we have to ourselves) is around 830 Euro plus a 200 Euro deposit on arrival which we get back when we leave.

So then, the last bit that we had to stress over has been confirmed today hence me making this post. Shwn didn't have a Passport and sent off for one about 3 weeks ago on the "check and send program" through the post office and after calling yesterday and today has been told that the Passport has been approved, printed and will be arriving tomorrow!!!

Cariad, can I say: WE'RE GOING ON HOLIDAYS!!!!

^^I beat you to it. :D

We’ll keep you updated on how immigration and everything else goes. The plan is that we go through the Non-EU line together as our planes arrive within 15 minutes of each other (in theory) and tell them we’re engaged and on holidays together. We’ll see how it goes! *crosses fingers*

• Liked: 0
Re: Update! Vacation in Amsterdam!
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2007, 05:09:56 PM »
 *crosses all his fingers and toes*

I really hope this works, of course having a British passport I shouldnt have any problems at all, I just hope that we're making the right decision with regards to saying that we're engaged. [smiley=anxious.gif]

But yeah, very exciting cariad! Our very first holiday  ;D

I cant wait to see you hon *hugs*

Do or Do not, there is no try...

• Liked: 6
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2007, 05:26:43 PM »
I hope you two have a fantastic time ;D
The Guide For Working Families review http://londonelegance.com/transpondia/twfg/

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2007, 05:27:45 PM »
Most of the time when I fly to Amsterdam, they barely glance at my passport.  I am also flying from the middle east.   I have never had them stamp my passport in Amsterdam airport.   It's fairly straightforward with a USA passport.

I wouldn't stress it, but I wouldn't lie either.  Your going on vacation, meeting your friend from the UK.   Seems pretty straightforward.

Billman

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2007, 06:24:33 PM »
That's so exciting!  Wishing you both the best of luck and a wonderful holiday together.

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2007, 06:25:49 PM »
Eeeks! Thanks everyone! Now for the frantic running around and making sure that everything is done and ready to go. O.O

« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2007, 06:58:11 PM »
Darlithia's story is at http://www.londonelegance.com/transpondia/usuk/eb.shtml

Good luck sweetie!

• Liked: 3
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2007, 08:22:55 PM »
Woot! I'm headed to Amsterdam over Easter weekend myself! The BF and I are leaving next Wednesday. Have a great time!   ;D

« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2007, 02:09:31 AM »
I hope you two have a wonderful time!! Your story on transpondia always gets me :\\\'( Just can't imagine what would have happened if that had been me.  Good luck you guys [smiley=love.gif]

« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2007, 03:47:46 AM »
Thanks again everyone for your support. Keeping my fingers crossed that this all goes smoothly. OH! And THIS TIME, we're bringing a camera, and taking TONS and TONS of photos. I'll try my best to get an album organized for anyone who would like to see them when we get back.

As a side note, besides the Zoo, the flower festival that's going on and that amusement park called um Walubi World, anyone have anything else they would recommend we do/go to see? While I do realize it's last minute to ask I figured it's worth a shot. I've been browsing around but it seems as if we're coming in the middle of their busy periods as not a lot is going on.

Oh and *sad* we miss the Loreena McKennitt concert by one evening! NOOO!

« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2007, 07:11:51 AM »
I just read your story and it brought tears to my eyes. :(

I hope you have a wonderful time in Amsterdam!

« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2007, 01:05:04 PM »
Darlithia and Shwn...

I got butterflies when I read your post - I'm so so pleased you guys will be able to see each other again and no doubt your time together will only help when it comes to making things more formal with the visa application. You must be sooo excited!! Just really happy for you, it's so frustrating being apart, you must be bouncing off the walls right now!

Good luck and don't fear immigration - just be honest, it'll be fine.

Have an amazing time!

Nyree x

• Banned

• Liked: 4
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2007, 02:17:41 PM »
Good luck guys.

Meeting in a third country will help your future applications enourmously.

Vicky

« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2007, 02:57:50 PM »
YAY! passport came this morning!!  ;D

*runs around waving it in the air*

Thanks all, Im sure we're going to have a great time.

Two days cariad! WOOT!
Do or Do not, there is no try...

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab