Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Tax Credit - they need more information!  (Read 3430 times)

• Liked: 0
Tax Credit - they need more information!
« on: April 09, 2007, 04:59:17 PM »
We are currently applying for tax credits. My wife was sent to the Job Centre Plus to get her NIN which was no problem at all, and we called HMRC to give them the NIN to add to the application.

We have now received two forms they need us to fill in because they "need some more information". The first is TC406(NTC) which requests information about my nationality and the date I arrived in the UK. Although I lived in the US for five years I have put the date I was born as the date I arrived in the UK because I am British. I'm a little confused why they sent me this form really.

The second form is TC157(NTC) and requests information about both of us and needs to be sent back with evidence of our immigration status. For myself  have marked it as not applicable. For my wife, they want evidence of "Indefinite leave to stay in the UK", and the choices are forms GEN 22, ICD0725, RON 60 or ICD00094. We don't have any of these. All we have is her visa that shows she has Indefinite Leave to Enter. Should we have received other documentation?

Has anyone else had this experience, and do you think just sending a copy of the visa will suffice?

Thanks.

• Liked: 10
Re: Tax Credit - they need more information!
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2007, 07:01:28 AM »
I don't have any advice, I'm sorry.  But let me know how you get along, as I am about to send my paperwork in.

• An eagle swooped down from a semi-trailer
  • Liked: 0
Re: Tax Credit - they need more information!
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2007, 10:38:53 AM »
We had that, we sent copies all relevant paperwork and included a short letter explaining the situation (why we didn't match their choices but were still legal immigration-wise). Everything got sorted fine. And your tax credits are back-dated to your claim.

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab