Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Any Don Imus fans here?  (Read 1243 times)

• Banned

• Lonesome onery & mean
    • Raggy Dee Ann  -  The Straight Dope
  • Liked: 0
Any Don Imus fans here?
« on: April 13, 2007, 08:04:53 AM »
Any one glad to see him booted?
I've Gotta Be Me.

My blog: http://raggydeeann.blogspot.com

Re: Any Don Imus fans here?
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2007, 02:36:15 PM »
I hadn't heard he had been, but he's really obnoxious, so I think it's a good thing!

• One day.......
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2007, 05:52:45 PM »
Yes, he should have gone a long time ago.  And regardless of his apology, what he said and how he said it was so racial and just seemed to come out of him naturally.  There's no excuse for it.  >:(

Plus he's scary to look at!
“Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.”

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2007, 07:31:42 PM »
I'm worried this guy speaks for any large group of Americans!  Everyone knows a racist...not very many are multi millionaires like this guy.

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2007, 09:30:38 PM »
He came on my screen when he unloaded at a roast for Bill Clinton and when Bill was still in office. When Don looked over and saw Bill was mad as a hornet he really let loose on him. Don said afterwards that Bill knew it was roast and what did he expect.
On the recent thing. I don't understand the terms even though they have been repeated on the media many times. He made a flippant remark. If he's in trouble what about Don Rickles. Has anyone seen or heard of his material. I love it. He makes it so we can laugh at ourselves. I thought thats were we are in racial relations. As in if you tell a joke the joke is on all of us. I wouldn't want to offend any races, they are good people and I thought we are now beyond the color thing.
I just rented a movie "Borat" which I think is demeaning to Jews. The star is English and a Jew so he and the writers let loose with different comments on Jews.
I am not a Jew but when he makes the remarks I am very offended. Didn't he earn? an Oscar for the movie? The movie is total discusting and I have never seen anything like it before. My recommendation is boycot it.
Back to Imus and what hapened to him. I think this just cost Borocco the election. They won the battle but lost the war.
My extended family were at a park, in Las Vegas, for easter and picknicing. About 8 blacks went by and they were using the "motha F@***r" word. Now that offended me.
Home free

« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2007, 09:41:56 PM »
Yes, he should have gone a long time ago.  And regardless of his apology, what he said and how he said it was so racial and just seemed to come out of him naturally.  There's no excuse for it.  >:(

Agreed! I remember flicking around many years ago and seeing his show on a cable channel and wondering why the guy even on the air?? He appeared to be a miserable git.

The comments that he made were simply inexcusable, no way around it. I didn't see the apology but I would bet big money that it didn't come from the heart.  Very glad that he was fired.

• le club de l'autobus blanc!
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2007, 10:47:42 PM »
Agreed! I remember flicking around many years ago and seeing his show on a cable channel and wondering why the guy even on the air?? He appeared to be a miserable git.

The comments that he made were simply inexcusable, no way around it. I didn't see the apology but I would bet big money that it didn't come from the heart.  Very glad that he was fired.

Me too...When I saw him on msnbc, all I could think was why was he on national tv?

My extended family were at a park, in Las Vegas, for easter and picknicing. About 8 blacks went by and they were using the "motha F@***r" word. Now that offended me.

That was me. :-X Sorry 'bout that.

Let's take our wigs off in the shopi aisle and fight it out.

• Banned

• Lonesome onery & mean
    • Raggy Dee Ann  -  The Straight Dope
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2007, 04:54:28 PM »
Any one glad to see him booted?

My sentiments too.  I forgot about the Clinton roasting...I remember when that took place ;D  For the rest of your post, I'm with ya. I'm NOT an Imus fan and have never really watched his show or listend to his show...I just never GOT the guy.  However, I kinda felt for him when he got dumped on.  I'm a Black woman and not a fan of gangsta rap yet day in and day out it's all about ho's, b*tches and your momma.  Rap and hip-hop has gotten so entwined in mainstream culture that everyone uses the same phrases. This time it was a white dude...and I guess being all PC and all, folks just got their knickers in a twist.  There again he's been accused of other things but I can't comment, as I've never heard most of his shows.  I was however a big Howard Stern fan back in the early 90's until I grew out of him.... he is a heck lot more offensive.

Don Imus didn't say anything that a lot of people do really say in jest or as insults...It was just his turn to be the “whipping boy”.  Yes I agree it was insensitive...especially being that these are accomplished Black women in one of America’s prestigious places of higher learning, many who had never heard of him.  I think he deserved some kind of ”probation” period…but not the all out he got…

I’ve dealt with the media and I’ve been around long enough to know that they are just whores like everyone else trying to make a buck.

Don Imus and Kinky Friedman are friends and have been so for decades…Kinky is Jewish…not flag waving orthodox Jew, but he’s Jewish…they together with folks like  Kris Kristopherson, Willy Nelson are the tightest of buddies…can you really call Imus a racist? 

As a black woman I can honestly say that there are other people around who deserved to be chopped...not Imus.
I've Gotta Be Me.

My blog: http://raggydeeann.blogspot.com

« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2007, 12:55:40 AM »
My sentiments too.  ...I just never GOT the guy. 
a fan of gangsta rap yet day in and day out it's all about ho's, b*tches and your momma.  Rap and hip-hop has gotten so entwined in mainstream culture that everyone uses the same phrases.
Howard Stern he is a heck lot more offensive.
You speak for me also.
Howard Stern. I thought I was the only one with this opinion.
Home free

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab