Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Your Mother/Baby/Child Must-Have Products?  (Read 22706 times)

• azroomie & james
  • Liked: 2
Re: Your Mother/Baby/Child Must-Have Products?
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2007, 11:53:08 PM »
velcro  bibs
onesies (bodysuits) that snap down the front
bouncy chair
muslins 
dummy
"Courage is the power to let go of the familiar." - Raymond Lindquist

« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2007, 07:00:42 PM »
I wanted to sing praises for the following four items.

1. The Tiny Diner
http://www.kiddopotamus.com/p_tiny.php
Best $10.00 I've ever spent!

Brilliant for toddlers when you are traveling and don't want to bring a bulky bowl and put their food on the table, such as snacks or whatever else you are feeding them. It sticks to most surfaces with suction cups and you can roll it up even if it's dirty to clean at home.  It also has a catch all so food does not spill on the floor.  We had the biggest complement from a server in NYC during restaurant week.  He said he was so thankful that I had brought this thing because there was nothing to clean up on the floor.  He also complimented on my second item because they didn't have highchairs.

2. WINNIE THE POOH ON THE GO BOOSTER SEAT, fantastic, light, easy to carry.  Attaches to most chairs.  You open the zipper and pump it and it gets a bit taller for shorter kids.
http://www.thebabycatalogue.com/prodinfo.asp?number=K0341

3. Magic Gripper Mat
From Tommee tippee, Great for sticking bowls on and sticking to the High chair tray or table.  Josh still picks up his bowl when it's empty and turns it over, but it helps before that to keep it on the table.
http://www.tommeetippee.co.uk/shop/products/magic-gripper-mat-4-months.html

4. Fisher-Price Healthy Care Booster Seat
BRILLIANT, got this in the US for Josh to use at my parents house.  It's more then half the price there.  I wish I had just gone with this as a Highchair because it's perfect.  I ended up ordering another one to bring back here.  (It's totally portable, not like the Pooh one, but easy if you have a car.

« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2008, 11:00:17 PM »
I have to recommend:
Sock-ons.
Muslin Squares
Wrist / Ankle Rattles

• Liked: 0
« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2008, 11:46:05 PM »
I'm not a mom, but my best friend had a baby six months ago, and she absolutely swears by http://www.nosefrida.com/ She says it's the only way she can keep her son's nose clean without lots of struggle and tears.

I thought I'd pass it on in case it'd be useful to anyone.
And if you threw a party
Invited everyone you knew
You would see the biggest gift would be from me
And the card attached would say
"Thank you for being a friend!"

• azroomie & james
  • Liked: 2
« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2008, 02:00:17 PM »
Baby Einstein dvds/ videos
"Courage is the power to let go of the familiar." - Raymond Lindquist

« Reply #20 on: May 02, 2008, 12:08:39 AM »
hmm for me i think, baby powder and baby lotions would do, to avoid rushes for the baby. I almost forgot, the most important product especially if you want to bring the baby outside, please dont forget to bring also diapers and milk and extra clothes. Thats all!

New York Immigration Lawyer Marina Shepelsky, located in Brooklyn, assists clients from the New York metro area and across the United States in all immigration and naturalization matters newcomer link: http://www.e-us-visa.com [nonactive]

« Reply #21 on: May 02, 2008, 12:46:31 AM »
Baby Legs

• My Space
« Reply #22 on: July 12, 2008, 06:53:17 PM »
without a doubt, my number one recommendation for fussy babies is the Fisher Price cradle swing. (Any cradle swing really) My baby girl was so cranky and wouldnt sleep. I tried 3 different swings and she hated all of them. In total desperation (my husband was out of town) I tried the cradle swing which swings side to side. She was smitten immediately and slept for 3 hours that day! It made our days so much easier because instead of fighting her nap, she embraced it! I am not one for "parking" kids in swings but she loved hers so much and it was such a great comfort to her. I had to set a limit of 3 hours a day otherwise she'd have been happy to swing all day long!
Experiencing a slight delay, but England calls...

« Reply #23 on: July 18, 2008, 01:30:46 PM »
Not a consultant anymore but loved my totseat

« Reply #24 on: September 02, 2009, 08:52:21 AM »
Ok, I only moved to the UK in May, but a phenomenon that I don't understand is: the moses basket. Never really saw them in the U.S. But, here they are on the list of must-haves I keep coming upon.

Any opinions of the moses basket?

Many thanks,
Rutabega

« Reply #25 on: September 02, 2009, 08:57:37 AM »
I loved our daughters moses basket. We got it off eBay and for the first few months it was a godsend. It's like having a portable bassinet. We had a stand for it in our bedroom right next to my side of the bed and during the day I brought the basket itself into the living room with me so I could move about and keep an eye on her while she slept. It was large enough for her until she reached about 4 months (she's quite a tall child) then we moved her to a cot/crib and now the basket doubles as a toy basket in the corner of our living room. I highly recommend one.

• Mummy of Jean Kathleen and Thomas Patrick
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #26 on: September 02, 2009, 01:03:20 PM »
We only used our moses basket in the bedroom as we had a carrycot with our pushchair we used for daytime naps.  It was brilliant though, she was so cozy in it.  We actually got it for free on freecycle and bought a new mattress and stand. 
Maroon Passport Club!

« Reply #27 on: September 02, 2009, 01:06:44 PM »
We only used our moses basket for about 6 weeks and then ended up co-sleeping. I probably won't bother with one if we have another.

« Reply #28 on: September 02, 2009, 01:15:32 PM »
Babysooth CD - a godsend with my third baby - wished I'd had it for the other two:

http://www.babysooth.com/
There is no such thing as bad weather, only bad clothing

« Reply #29 on: September 02, 2009, 02:19:26 PM »
Thanks for the opinions on the moses basket! I will check out freecycle, SlicesMissus!  I just cannot bring myself to buy all this stuff new... especially if it is only good for such a short time!

Sponsored Links