Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: 101+ visa questions - Sorry for the many posts!  (Read 1497 times)

• Liked: 0
101+ visa questions - Sorry for the many posts!
« on: April 20, 2007, 02:14:21 AM »
Sorry I keep posting 139120349 threads, but garry suggested I post this because it may help ppl in the future. I sent a pm to garry and to Victoria S, both very similar to this, and well ALL feedback is appreciated!

-

I was hoping i could ask you a few questions because you seem to be pretty knowledgeable in this subject...

If, and I know this is very negative thinking, but IF I am denied a Visa, can I still get on that plane on Tuesday and attempt to go through customs?? I will have the documents, I have a return ticket etc.. Will they pull up my denial for a visa on my passport? Will I get a big black mark? Can I reapply? Can I reapply for say a student visa if I enroll in a school in the UK? If I am denied entry 2 times will that make things worse?? Should I have told the lady that almost every day since I have left the country I talk to him via web cam??

I know I have a ton of questions (sorry) and I'd LOVE to call a help number but we both know how accurate their information is. Thank you in advance!
Megan

Re: 101+ visa questions - Sorry for the many posts!
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2007, 03:32:35 AM »
They do put a black mark on. When I was denied my Visit Visa it was in one of the back pages and basically was a stamp with numbers on it and a line through it. So mine says UK (bunch of numbers) then NEW YORK. It's on page 21. I'm not sure on the other questions. I also had a stamp from an IO (when I went to Wales last year) with a cross drawn through that. However when I went to Amsterdam 2 weeks ago the IO in Iceland stamped directly below the denied entry stamp. He didn't ask me any questions, didn't even say hello, just waved me on. So I think it all depends. I'm sorry I can't give you advice just thought I'd let you know what my Passport looks like.

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2007, 05:41:36 AM »
Thank you for letting me know I might have to look forward to a black mark :P hehe no, kidding. thank you.
I too have a Gatwick stamp with a nice cross drawn through it.
I love how random people can decide our future!!! If only I happened to be born in...
1. Canada
2. Aussie land
3-50. One of the countries in the EU
51. Is Thailand still owned? I think it was Thai....
DID I MENTION  Bush, who just so happens to be one of Tony's best friends?!?! I thought? Where is our American pull??

But NO!!! I'm American (oops!! I didn't choose to be born here) and am shitlisted. Excuse me if I seem a tad bitter.

I JUST WANT TO SEE A FRIEND
AND THE oh so lovely 1 900 NUMBER gave me miss information... enough to put me on the 'I think she is a liar and wants perm residence list'

Sorry, watch me get approved tomorrow... but I still take none of this back. I'm not looking to live in the UK as much as I may love it there, I just want to see good friends. I have a lot here that I really DO NOT want to leave, I'm not coming from some 3rd world country in search of a better life, I DO NOT GET IT!?
ONE MISTAKE, ONE STRIKE, which was the 1900#'s fault and I'm out?

• Liked: 8
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2007, 08:13:22 AM »

ONE MISTAKE, ONE STRIKE, which was the 1900#'s fault and I'm out?

Not trying to be harsh here, but it's your responsibility to know and follow the immigration rules.  No, the info given out via the consular 900 numbers is not always correct, but the rules are clearly stated on the web.  As a visitor, you cannot work (or volunteer).  Full stop.  Ignorance of the rules is no excuse and won't get you far as far as immigration is concerned.  Again, not attacking you personally -- just stating things from an ECO or IO's point of view (I am neither).

Will attempting to enter the UK after you've been denied twice be a problem?  Yes.  You have asked permission to visit and they've said no.  So you pack up your stuff and attempt to enter anyway.  Do you think they'll like that?   :-\\\\  There will be a mark in your passport and the IO will be able to pull up your records via computer when s/he swipes your passport.  If anything, attempting to enter the UK when you've already been denied entry will make it extremely difficult to ever gain entry in the future.  Why take that chance?

Could you friend come visit you in the US?  Have the two of you met in person before?

If only I happened to be born in...
1. Canada
2. Aussie land
3-50. One of the countries in the EU
51. Is Thailand still owned? I think it was Thai....
DID I MENTION  Bush, who just so happens to be one of Tony's best friends?!?! I thought? Where is our American pull??

But NO!!! I'm American (oops!! I didn't choose to be born here) and am shitlisted. Excuse me if I seem a tad bitter.

Your nationality has nothing to do with this.  You (in the eyes of an IO) were attempting to enter the UK under false circumstances.  They would have denied entry to anyone in that situation, regardless of nationality.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2007, 08:16:41 AM by Lola »

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2007, 08:32:31 AM »
agreed with Lola.  If you've already been denied entry it's very difficult to gain access to the UK without a visa.  If you are denied a visitor's visa-- well, there's pretty much no way you will be let in without a visa at that point (so don't try unless you want to travel 15 hours on a plane there and back for no reason.)

If you are denied the visitor's visa, then yes you can reapply- chances of success depend on how different your circumstances are from the last time.

You can also apply for a student visa if you meet all the requirements to enter as a student.  No guarantees that you'd get it though.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2007, 08:46:14 AM by andrea. »
Now a triple citizen!

Student visa 9/06-->Int'l Grad Scheme 1/08-->FLR(M) 7/08-->ILR 6/10-->British citizenship 12/12

« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2007, 08:44:59 AM »
2. Aussie land

Australia has a higher bounce rate than the US.

« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2007, 09:42:01 AM »

Your nationality has nothing to do with this.  You (in the eyes of an IO) were attempting to enter the UK under false circumstances.  They would have denied entry to anyone in that situation, regardless of nationality.

Definitely - my mother's a British citizen, but that gives me no special rights to live in her country, and I'm here on a student visa.

As mentioned, that is an option.  You'll want to start by investigating universities, as you have to be accepted and show that all your financial ducks are in a row before applying for the visa, but once that's done, I would guess it wouldn't be a problem to get a student visa...
UK resident since 2005, UK citizen as of 2010 due to female British parent.

« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2007, 10:21:42 AM »
Definitely - my mother's a British citizen, but that gives me no special rights to live in her country, and I'm here on a student visa.

Juliloew, none of my business, but I don't understand, why if your mother is British, you can't register as British, assuming you were born after 7 February 1961 but before 1 January 1983?

See http://www.ind.homeoffice.gov.uk/applying/nationality/advice/bn13

or here for British citizenship - children born outside the United Kingdom: http://www.ind.homeoffice.gov.uk/applying/nationality/advice/bn4?view=Standard

I'm sure you've already checked all this out, but surely this is better than a student visa, if you're entitled?

Anyway, hope you're enjoying things in the UK!

:)

« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2007, 10:27:40 AM »
So mine says UK (bunch of numbers) then NEW YORK.

Darlithia, that 'bunch of numbers' is your Home Office Reference Number.  It connects in to your transcript.

« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2007, 10:43:43 AM »
Juliloew, none of my business, but I don't understand, why if your mother is British, you can't register as British, assuming you were born after 7 February 1961 but before 1 January 1983?

IIRC, Julie was born before 7 February 1961, so she can't register as British.  Really really stupid rule.
Now a triple citizen!

Student visa 9/06-->Int'l Grad Scheme 1/08-->FLR(M) 7/08-->ILR 6/10-->British citizenship 12/12

« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2007, 10:45:29 AM »

See http://www.ind.homeoffice.gov.uk/applying/nationality/advice/bn13

or here for British citizenship - children born outside the United Kingdom: http://www.ind.homeoffice.gov.uk/applying/nationality/advice/bn4?view=Standard

I'm sure you've already checked all this out, but surely this is better than a student visa, if you're entitled?

And I am enjoying my time here!

Andrea posted at the same time I was about too, but you can bet I agree about it being a really really stupid rule!
Anyway, hope you're enjoying things in the UK!

Ah, that's the problem, I was born at the wrong time.  Actually, the problem is that my British parent is a woman, but that's a whole other thread!

So, I'm here as a 'mature' student, and will be marrying a British citizen in a few weeks, so I will eventually get my citizenship at a much higher price than I would have if my British parent had been a man!

Thanks for asking.  :)
UK resident since 2005, UK citizen as of 2010 due to female British parent.

« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2007, 10:50:27 AM »
Ah, that's the problem, I was born at the wrong time.  Actually, the problem is that my British parent is a woman, but that's a whole other thread!

So, I'm here as a 'mature' student, and will be marrying a British citizen in a few weeks, so I will eventually get my citizenship at a much higher price than I would have if my British parent had been a man!

Thanks for asking.  :)

Well, congratulations on your upcoming nuptials! I hope you get good weather...... ;D

« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2007, 02:40:43 PM »

Could you friend come visit you in the US?  Have the two of you met in person before?

Yes and Yes.
And sorry for seeming to attack everyone, I know a lot of this is my fault, I'm just angery.

• Banned

• Liked: 4
« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2007, 03:34:13 PM »
If you are refused the visit visa, take it with good grace and accept it for now.  Look at the reasons why, and then come back on here and discuss how you can either change your situation so that these reasons will not apply in the future, or discuss how we can counter these arguments in future.  Really, do not try to enter the UK regardless, as this will almost certainly result in a refusal of entry and removal home, and then it will scupper your chances of returning for a very long time.

Vicky

« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2007, 03:55:29 PM »
Ok so I was denied, can I appeal it? What do I do now? Fix my situation and reapply?

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab