Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: 101+ visa questions - Sorry for the many posts!  (Read 1496 times)

• Liked: 8
Re: 101+ visa questions - Sorry for the many posts!
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2007, 04:02:06 PM »
What reason did they give for the denial?  :(

• Liked: 0
« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2007, 04:14:27 PM »
Basically she believes my intent is to stay in the UK. I have no right to appeal because it is a visiting visa. I mean couldn't that have just given me the 3 weeks clearance???

« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2007, 04:15:49 PM »
Ok so I was denied, can I appeal it? What do I do now? Fix my situation and reapply?

Would you scan in your NOID and email it to me.  I'll see if there's a referrent.

• Banned

• Liked: 4
« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2007, 04:39:04 PM »
If you want me to have a look too, just let me know.

Vicky

« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2007, 04:44:45 PM »
I pm'd both of you. Thank you so much!

• Banned

« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2007, 05:01:04 PM »
Garry - let's confer on Monday.

Vicky

« Reply #21 on: April 20, 2007, 05:19:47 PM »
Garry - let's confer on Monday.

Vicky

Yes ma'am.   :)

« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2007, 05:22:26 PM »
I have also thought about reapplying with the origional documents PLUS

I'm going to register for summer classes, get a bank statement with the 2000uds posted from the bank, have a letter from my employer with more detail to my intentions for taking off, change my ticket date for sometime in late may? have a letter from my mom stating I help pay the bills and she is expecting me to return, Will any of this extra info help them believe that I am INTENDING To return??

• Banned

« Reply #23 on: April 20, 2007, 05:32:38 PM »
Can we hold off on this until Monday, when Garry and I have had a chance to swap thoughts?

Vicky

« Reply #24 on: April 20, 2007, 05:49:55 PM »
I have also thought about reapplying with the origional documents PLUS

I'm going to register for summer classes, get a bank statement with the 2000uds posted from the bank, have a letter from my employer with more detail to my intentions for taking off, change my ticket date for sometime in late may? have a letter from my mom stating I help pay the bills and she is expecting me to return, Will any of this extra info help them believe that I am INTENDING To return??

No.  It will only demonstrate that you are PERSISTANT about getting in and not much more.  They don't react well to persistence.  Chill for a bit. 

« Reply #25 on: April 20, 2007, 06:16:42 PM »
No.  It will only demonstrate that you are PERSISTANT about getting in and not much more.  They don't react well to persistence.  Chill for a bit. 

Yep, I'm going to chill out on it all but wouldn't that negate this,

If your entry clearance application has been unsuccessful the entry clearance officer will give you a written notice clearly explaining the decision, which will also tell you if you have the right of appeal. If you do not have a right of appeal you may make a new application and your application will be assessed on its own merits.

« Reply #26 on: April 20, 2007, 07:27:53 PM »
That's right, you do not have the right of appeal because it was removed for visitors in 1992.

You can make a fresh app.  But the part that says it will be judged on its own merits is misleading.  Your fresh app needs to address all of the previous history, and that's what they mean by 'own merits'. 

Each application does not start with a clean slate, and I don't know why they create the impression that it does.  That text needs to be modified.

I have received your NOID, now please write down the TOTAL contents of your phone interview including EVERY SINGLE WORD and zap that off. 

« Reply #27 on: April 20, 2007, 08:23:19 PM »
I'm really sorry to hear that you got denied Meg. :( You could do what Shwn and I did which is meet up in a 3rd country. It worked pretty well although of course you then have to come up with money for a place to stay and transportation for your friend. But I didn't have any problems.

Garry as a question, would it be frowned upon if during interviews you asked to record THEM? I know they say on the phone interviews that they're recording you, I'm not sure on the in person ones yet however I'm wondering because I know on my interview I probably botched something but I can't recall what. When I get nervous things tend to blur together and I can't write them down while I'm being questioned. Just wondering if they'd have a fit if I were to suggest it.

« Reply #28 on: April 20, 2007, 08:31:24 PM »
It's funny, I don't think she told me she was recording me!!! Almost positive. That's not fair if she did and I wasn't aware.

« Reply #29 on: April 20, 2007, 08:54:25 PM »
It's funny, I don't think she told me she was recording me!!! Almost positive. That's not fair if she did and I wasn't aware.

Yeah I'm pretty sure they do. Mine gave me some speech about speaking slowly and clearly and such. But then at the end when she stopped recording we chatted for a few minutes and she said that she hadn't been doing interviews for very long so maybe she needed to record because she was new at it. I dunno.

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab