Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Alec Baldwins Verbal Attack on his daughter  (Read 3395 times)

• I miss you so much. My heart is forever broken.
  • Liked: 0
Alec Baldwins Verbal Attack on his daughter
« on: April 20, 2007, 10:25:58 AM »
Did anyone else hear this??

http://www.tmz.com/2007/04/19/alec-baldwins-threatening-message-to-daughter/#comments

It made me so sick to my stomach.

It is him...his PR people left a statement with Extra or something about it.

I'm just so sickened by that...I hope he never sees or speaks to her again. What parent speaks to their child like that?

Sick

Opinions? ???

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine.

• An eagle swooped down from a semi-trailer
Re: Alec Baldwins Verbal Attack on his daughter
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2007, 11:02:22 AM »
He probably should have just left it at "I am very disappointed you didn't pick up the phone for our scheduled call." But, given the history of his being messed about in terms of getting to see/talk to his kid, I can understand where his anger is coming from, and if his daughter is playing games with him along with her mother (due to her mother's influence), that's not fair on him, and no wonder he is frustrated.

But we don't know the family dymanics, or anything other that tabloid rumors and this leaked tape, I am not sure it's fair to judge anyone. I don't think it reflects well on Basinger that she released the tape - it just seems that it's an incredibly spiteful divorce/custody battle that never ends, and makes everyone miserable. Makes you wonder what their lives would have been like if they weren't so busy winding each other up.

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2007, 11:22:24 AM »
As Stella said, shame on Kim Basinger for releasing that recording to the media. Yes the message was wrong and I think he needs anger managment, but to let the media have hold of it is just wrong. Shes a spiteful b*tch

reeka-  To say you hope he never sees or speaks to his daughter again is just wrong. From what I gather he doesn't do it on a regular basis, maybe he was just having a shitty day (not that I'm excusing him). I'm sure he loves his daughter very much though
« Last Edit: April 20, 2007, 12:14:34 PM by EnglandsYank »

• Snaps
  • Liked: 11
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2007, 11:25:05 AM »
There's already some debate as to whether or not the tape is genuine.
My Project 365 photo blog: Snaps!

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2007, 06:25:27 PM »
It certainly doesn't sound like him. I know the tape can distort his voice a bit but it doesn't even remotely sound like him at all.

Even if it is him, I don't think there was anything horrible wrong with what he said. The worst was "I'm going to straight you out so you better be ready for me". But there was no direct threat of abuse or anything. When I was about 12, I didn't something to really piss my dad off too and he yelled at me just the same. It's called dicipline and some parents are really lacking it these days.
- Pennsylvania girl in Manchester

Unofficially moved to England July 2005 (visa waiver)
Married in PA on August 25th, 2006
Officially moved to England September 2006 (Spousal Visa)

« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2007, 09:39:41 PM »
Maybe you're right...maybe he was having a bad day but that doesn't excuse the things he said to her. He could have the worst day in the world and not speak to his kid like that. He doesn't know what she was doing...maybe she was at school or out with friends or something? Maybe Kim really does have a big influence on her and how she reacts to her dad BUT like you said we don't know the family dinamics. He could very well be a great dad or he could very well not be...who knows? I'm only going off what I'm hearing and for me the whole tape made my stomach turn. Calling your daughter a pig...wow that's just streight immature and downright wrong. If my husband ever called my kid a pig i'd probably beat the living sh*t out of him. I don't think it's right for any parent to say those kind of things. That whole message was about him and how SHE'S hurting him by not answering his call.

Like Stella said he probably would have been fine if he just left it at him being dissapointed in her. I've been told that. that's worst than ur parents being mad at you so I'm sure that simple word would have had more of an impact on his daughter than his verbal attack on her character and her mother. I think during a divorce you shouldn't drag your kids into it. My mother never talked bad about my dad to me or visa versa. I just think it's wrong...on both sides. Given he's not the only one in the wrong here...She should have never released the tapes...

« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2007, 09:43:34 PM »
It is him...he's released another statement.

http://movies.yahoo.com/mv/news/ap/20070420/117710220000.html

« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2007, 09:51:17 PM »
Maybe you're right...maybe he was having a bad day but that doesn't excuse the things he said to her. He could have the worst day in the world and not speak to his kid like that. He doesn't know what she was doing...maybe she was at school or out with friends or something? Maybe Kim really does have a big influence on her and how she reacts to her dad BUT like you said we don't know the family dinamics. He could very well be a great dad or he could very well not be...who knows? I'm only going off what I'm hearing and for me the whole tape made my stomach turn. Calling your daughter a pig...wow that's just streight immature and downright wrong. If my husband ever called my kid a pig i'd probably beat the living sh*t out of him. I don't think it's right for any parent to say those kind of things. That whole message was about him and how SHE'S hurting him by not answering his call.

Like Stella said he probably would have been fine if he just left it at him being dissapointed in her. I've been told that. that's worst than ur parents being mad at you so I'm sure that simple word would have had more of an impact on his daughter than his verbal attack on her character and her mother. I think during a divorce you shouldn't drag your kids into it. My mother never talked bad about my dad to me or visa versa. I just think it's wrong...on both sides. Given he's not the only one in the wrong here...She should have never released the tapes...

Just curious...whats your big obsession with this? The guy went off on his kid one time. So what. It happens. Its not like he does it on a regular basis, and its not like he physically abused her.

If my husband ever called my kid a pig i'd probably beat the living sh*t out of him.

And thats any better then someone callig their kid a pig?
I call my daughter a little piggy...am I a horrible person and deserve to be hit?... No...

« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2007, 09:58:12 PM »

Just curious...whats your big obsession with this? The guy went off on his kid one time. So what. It happens. Its not like he does it on a regular basis, and its not like he physically abused her.

And thats any better then someone callig their kid a pig?
I call my daughter a little piggy...am I a horrible person and deserve to be hit?... No...

No obsession. I posted about it after I heard it. I find that funny because if it was anyone else posting it they probably wouldn't be getting the same reaction. This is my last response though as it's getting stupid.  :D have fun

Actually, isn't the whole reason for the custody battle because he's got an explosive personality? Abuse is abuse...verbal or physical.

No..im assuming you arn't calling her a piggy in a spitful and cruel way. His on the other hand was spiteful.

« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2007, 10:25:29 PM »
Child abuse.  That is what has happened here.  He doesn't have to physically hit her in order to hurt her.  She will remember this the rest of her life.  No matter what is said about the mother, he cannot unring this bell.  Sure, he can eventually repair his relationship with her, but the scar will be there her entire life.  And her entire life, every once in awhile she will think about it and feel the pain all over again.  No amount of anger, for WHATEVER reason an adult has excuses that amount of venom spewed onto an 11 year old child.

FYI....I'm not vain, this is meaning of my last name :)

• Chronicles of Squidgyboo
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2007, 10:50:52 PM »
At the risk of opening myself up for abuse...
I don't think he said anything horrible. He sounded like a dad who was dissapointed and trying to express this to his daughter.
No one can make you feel inferior without your consent. Eleanor Roosevelt

Friendship with oneself is all-important, because without it one cannot be friends with anyone else in the world. Eleanor Roosevelt

« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2007, 11:31:27 PM »
Kim Basinger shouldn't have let her listen to the message in the first place.

I as well am at risk for saying this...but...

And her entire life, every once in awhile she will think about it and feel the pain all over again.

PrettyFace-... if his daughter can look back on her childhood as an adult and think that the message was the worse thing her parent(s) ever did to her...then she is VERY lucky. VERY VERY lucky

« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2007, 12:02:16 AM »
EnglandsYank:  Yes, I agree.  If this is indeed the WORST her father has dished out to her, she is lucky.  However, my guess that it is not....
FYI....I'm not vain, this is meaning of my last name :)

« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2007, 04:24:12 AM »
I think it's awful that this was released to the press.
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." ~Mark Twain

« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2007, 08:40:07 AM »
Parent shout at their kids.   And they regret it.  Kids shout at their parents and really wind them up.  And it blows over.  Not excusing anything he said, he shouldn't have said it but he did, but my reaction is Thank God no one has a tape of me telling the seventeen year old that I am ABSOLUTELY FED UP or telling that the ten year old that if she doesn't get.to.bed.now.my.head.is probably.going.to.explode.  It's not child abuse.  It's life. 

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab