Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Applying for both UK and US spouse visa?  (Read 372 times)

• Liked: 0
Applying for both UK and US spouse visa?
« on: April 22, 2007, 02:52:21 PM »
Hello all! I am a US citizen currently "visiting" my husband in the UK as our original intentions have been to settle back in the states once his I129F or I130 visas have been approved. I am just in the process of filling both applications out and know the processing times are much longer than the 6 months I am allowed to stay.

After returning to the UK from a trip to Germany I was advised by an Immigration Officer in Birmingham that because we don't know how long his visa in the US will take it would be a good idea to apply for a UK spouse visa so I have no problems coming and going into the UK. Also it would be a bonus that I could work!

Now a few questions....

1. Is it true you can make an appointment two weeks in advance at the NYC consulate office?

2. That if such appointment is made it is possible to be granted a spousal visa that same day?

3. Also I am wondering if I will have any problems applying for my husbands US visa w/ a permanent address in the UK?

4. Is it mandatory to have intentions of living in the UK forever to be granted this spousal visa?

Any responses or links to information would be greatly appreciated!

many thanks in advance

• Tam
  • Girl Friday

• Liked: 0
Re: Applying for both UK and US spouse visa?
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2007, 02:58:32 PM »
Firstly, I wouldn't bother with the I-129F once the I-130 has been filed - K3 visas are taking, on average, longer than immigrant visas.

As for your questions:

1. Yes.

2. Yes, provided all your paperwork is in order and your case is straightforward.

3. Shouldn't be a problem but you will need a US address also. You will still have to file through a service centre in the US.

4. Not that I've heard.

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab