Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: visit visa problems  (Read 650 times)

• Liked: 0
visit visa problems
« on: April 23, 2007, 03:07:18 AM »
I flew to the UK in March 2006 and was denied entry at Heathrow. All I wanted to do was visit my boyfriend that I had not seen in 4 months. I was told that I didn't have enough money to substain my stay which was for three weeks and since I had been unemployed for a couple of months it looked like I was going to try to live there. I was sent back to the US. Fair enough. I applied for a visit visa a year later. I have been working at the same job since I was bounced back the first time. I had a letter from my employer stating my vacation days and that I would be returning to work when I arrived back from my trip. I also had bank statements showing that I had enough money to stay for the 5 days of my trip. I had even booked a room in a hotel and had my return airfare and everything. I was denied the visa because the letter from my employer wasn't on "official letterhead", I had too much money to stay for just 5 days, and my boyfriend didn't send an invitation letter so therefore they doubted he was even real. He can't come here and my only option seems to go there to see him but each time I try I fail horribly. I was told to stop saying I'm visiting my boyfriend or they'll deny me entry but If I don't say that then I'm lying. There are some issues that keep me from applying for a fiance visa or I would try that. I don't know what to do. I just want to see the man I love. I haven't seen him in a over a year. What can I do??? :-[

Re: visit visa problems
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2007, 05:17:16 AM »
Just FYI, our resident UKY visa gurus will probably be online tomorrow morning US time. They'll be able to help you to some extent. Sorry I can't offer you any help but I wanted you to know that they're not usually online at this time of day as they're in London.

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2007, 06:15:48 AM »
I can't really help you either but I am sort of in your boat as well. Except I just failed my first attempt. I really wish I didn't know it was so easy to fail twice!! But yes they have been pretty good at advice and helping me.
Good luck with being able to see your bf, I hope it all works out in the end!

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2007, 09:49:19 AM »
don't know what to do. I just want to see the man I love. I haven't seen him in a over a year. What can I do??? :-[

We had one of these cases last week.  You can scan in your NOID and email it to me.  Best to include your interview transcript also.  I have had people get bounced because they were carrying too much cash, but haven't seen it come up in an entry clearance decision.

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2007, 03:26:56 PM »
  I have had people get bounced because they were carrying too much cash, but haven't seen it come up in an entry clearance decision.
Check out my last post on "I just want to see the man I love! Help!!!" I wrote exactly what the denial letter said about my money situation. I can't win for losing...

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2007, 04:04:52 PM »
I read that text, and it doesn't say that you have too much money.  It is a standard bit of text they use when they think the money you have for your trip is disproportionate.  Admittedly, it's for visa nationals who propose to visit the UK and present finances representing almost all of their net worth. 

The rationale is that people do not normally spend a year's income to make a visit someplace, and similarly they do not normally blow their life savings on a visit.  So in order to deal with that situation, they introduced the concept of proportionality.

They also don't like it if there's been a sudden inflow of cash into the applicant's bank account because this undermines the applicant's credibility.  Vicky and I disagree, by the way, about whether or not this is right, but it cannot be denied that it is the way things work.

The answer to those problems is to anticipate the ECO's reaction, and to think up why you propose a disproportionate expenditure and explain it in a way that obviates his objections.

IO's on the other hand, will bounce somebody who is carrying an inordinate amount of cash - like 10,000 pounds or more - because it is so abnormal they figure that the person is not a real visitor.

« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2007, 04:33:22 PM »
I read that text, and it doesn't say that you have too much money.  It is a standard bit of text they use when they think the money you have for your trip is disproportionate.  Admittedly, it's for visa nationals who propose to visit the UK and present finances representing almost all of their net worth. 

The rationale is that people do not normally spend a year's income to make a visit someplace, and similarly they do not normally blow their life savings on a visit.  So in order to deal with that situation, they introduced the concept of proportionality.

They also don't like it if there's been a sudden inflow of cash into the applicant's bank account because this undermines the applicant's credibility.  Vicky and I disagree, by the way, about whether or not this is right, but it cannot be denied that it is the way things work.

The answer to those problems is to anticipate the ECO's reaction, and to think up why you propose a disproportionate expenditure and explain it in a way that obviates his objections.

IO's on the other hand, will bounce somebody who is carrying an inordinate amount of cash - like 10,000 pounds or more - because it is so abnormal they figure that the person is not a real visitor.

It was money from my federal income tax return and some savings from my job. Maybe I should have put half in a savings account and half in checking...I dunno....

Sponsored Links