Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: schengen visa  (Read 583 times)

• Liked: 0
schengen visa
« on: April 24, 2007, 09:25:30 AM »
hi,
not sure if you guys have any information about this. tried to search  and i couldnt find relevant answers to my question.

so if a non EU citizen married to a brit wanted to travel in the EU what sort of a visa do they need to visit only ?  in all the websites i read they say that the visa is for free for spouses of EU and EAA citizens , but they dont give info about what kind of a visa we should apply for, how long it will be valid, and if its multiple entry.
can someone give me a website that they know of and has all information about this?
they seem to give information about normal visits only , is this what i should apply for?
thanks

Re: schengen visa
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2007, 09:33:02 AM »
Are you an American citizen?  If you are, you don't need a visa to visit the EU.  If you are not an American citizen, you would need to apply for a visa if the country so requires it.  Not all countries are covered by the Schengen visa though, specially Eastern European countries. I don't know whether the UK is covered by the Schengen visa but I doubt it.  Hope that helps.

June

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2007, 09:42:52 AM »
thanks june. no im not american... so i will need one. i would like to travel within the EU, so i do require a schengen visa i guess. to be honest i went on the spanish embassy website and i could find what i m looking for. its like the ppl who make these websites dont have in mind the ppl who use them . links that dont work and pages that open in a weird way!!! the only websites that seem to function properly are british embassy websites. they contain a wealth of info which we dont appreciate until we come across website which dont work .
frustrated!

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2007, 09:51:36 AM »
Just because you are not an American citizen doesn't necessarily mean you need a visa to visit the EU.  Find out first if the countries you want to visit require visas for people with your passport.

June

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2007, 09:54:52 AM »
hi again!
yes  i have checked , i do require a visa . ;D
atleast this one is for free or so i understood... 

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2007, 10:02:14 AM »
I was just looking up this for work not 15 min ago!

Just in case you haven't found any info yet, this website may help:
http://www.eurovisa.info/

« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2007, 10:09:24 AM »
hi marlene
i already looked at that website. its not too helpful.
1.it doesnt tell u the different types of schengen visas - multiple entry /one entry etc...
2. doesnt say the validity of visas
3. doesnt give info about for spouses of EU citizens wanting to apply for a visa.

maybe im too think.... :D
thanks though:)

« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2007, 10:34:49 AM »
each country in the schengen agreement will have different applications according to their immigration practices. you would need to apply at the embassy of a country you want to visit, and they will advise and give you the visa that they feel you need. once you have that visa, it will allow you entry into any schengen country as long as that visa is valid. an ecuadorian friend, married to a spaniard here in the UK, was only able to get 45 day visas to spain, so you may not be able to get a long term multiple visit visa, depending on your nationality and the country you are applying to visit.

• Banned

• Liked: 4
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2007, 11:49:55 AM »
Theoretically your residency in the UK should give you the rights of free movement throughout the EU, as if you were a UK national.  However, in practice this is not always the case.  You should contact the Embassy of the country to which you wish to travel and speak to them.  There may also be a problem in that even though the Embassy may be happy with you travelling there, carriers may not be aware of this ruling, so you may want to play it safe and get a schengen.

Vicky

Sponsored Links