Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: I just want to see the man I love! Help!!!  (Read 756 times)

• Liked: 0
I just want to see the man I love! Help!!!
« on: April 24, 2007, 04:19:38 PM »
I was denied a tourist visa due to the fact I had too much money for a short stay and my boyfriend did not send a letter of invitation. Not knowing much about the visa process, I thought that the letter was only needed if he was going to support me. I intend on supporting myself during my visit because my boyfriend is currently in a situation where he can't support me. He's living in the YMCA in Watford and he's at the time in job training but currently no income. Will his situation affect my next visa application? I only want to visit for a week. I have no intentions of trying to stay there. I have two children here in the states that I will be anxious to return to. We have not seen each other in over a year. He can't come here anymore because he got into some trouble 7 years ago and was arrested. The only way to see him is to go there. I really miss this guy. Any advice about what I can do???

• I love you like a fat kid loves cake!
    • facebook
Re: I just want to see the man I love! Help!!!
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2007, 04:34:05 PM »
Has he tried to get a visitors visa to come to the states, i had a conviction from when i was 17, because it was so long ago i was granted the visa. You can appeal the decision they made about your visa, you have so many days to do it in.
Sharon-UK

• Banned

• Liked: 4
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2007, 04:52:03 PM »
You can't appeal the decision, as it is only a visit visa and there is no right of appeal on visits unless it is to see family.

You probably need to make a visa application to see him, and you need to include lots more evidence about why you will return to the US.  There are several threads on this sort of thing, so have a search then come back with more questions if you have them.

Vicky

• I love you like a fat kid loves cake!
    • facebook
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2007, 04:59:47 PM »
thanks for that vicky, my mistake about the appeal.
Sharon-UK

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2007, 07:04:15 PM »
Good luck, trust me I feel your pain! It sucks.

• York Interweb
  • Liked: 8
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2007, 10:05:03 PM »
Wendyfay, I just took a look at your previous post.

Is it true that you were previously denied entry at Heathrow because it looked like you didn't have enough money, and now you are being denied a tourist visa because you have too much money?

If so, WTF?

• We're working on it, okay? :)
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2007, 10:45:36 PM »
You know, after having my purse stolen in London at a pub one night, I don't ever bring money, actual cash, with me anymore -- I just use my ATM cards and credit cards.  Is that bad?  I've never had a problem at Heathrow before about money, but do I need to start worrying about it now? :o
"It's different this time!  Last time she was demanding and possessive,
now she wants me to do stuff and be with her all the time!"
Fry (Futurama)

« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2007, 10:51:21 PM »
You know, after having my purse stolen in London at a pub one night, I don't ever bring money, actual cash, with me anymore -- I just use my ATM cards and credit cards.  Is that bad?  I've never had a problem at Heathrow before about money, but do I need to start worrying about it now? :o

If you're worried, bring a bank statement.  You don't have to have actual cash with you right then and there.
Now a triple citizen!

Student visa 9/06-->Int'l Grad Scheme 1/08-->FLR(M) 7/08-->ILR 6/10-->British citizenship 12/12

• We're working on it, okay? :)
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2007, 10:53:27 PM »
Phew, thanks, Andrea...I didn't think it was a worrisome thing until I read that! ;)
"It's different this time!  Last time she was demanding and possessive,
now she wants me to do stuff and be with her all the time!"
Fry (Futurama)

« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2007, 01:34:14 AM »

I just use ATM and credit cards too, I read somewhere that it's the best exchange rate as well. I haven't had a problem at immigration.

« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2007, 03:49:17 AM »
Wendyfay, I just took a look at your previous post.

Is it true that you were previously denied entry at Heathrow because it looked like you didn't have enough money, and now you are being denied a tourist visa because you have too much money?

If so, WTF?
Yes it's true. Strange but true...I was just reading the denial letter from my visa application and it says..."On question 61 you state the $1,500.00 would be available for your visit. I note the you have provided a bank statement from a Share Account with an available balance for $1,787.23 USD showing no other account history. You provided pay slips showing your weekly wage to be $201.96. Yet you are proposing to spend the equivalent of several months' income on a short visit to the United Kingdom. On the evidence available I am not satisfied that you are economically in a position to justify spending such a disproportionate amount of your income should only a short visit be intended."....Ok, so I know that's alot of money for a 4 day stay but I wasn't planning to spend it all. I was just trying to show that I had enough money to accommodate myself if need be without public funds. It's my money that I worked for so shouldn't I spend it the way I want? When I was denied at heathrow I had about $200 on me because my mom didn't want me traveling with alot of money. I didn't have a bank account at that time and my mom was planning on sending more money after I had arrived. Of course the Immigration officer couldn't take my word on that so she sent me packing. She said get a job, save more money, apply for a visa and you should be OK. Yeah right...
« Last Edit: April 25, 2007, 04:16:19 AM by wendyfay »

« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2007, 03:28:33 AM »
Now I'm going to have to wait to reapply for my tourist visa. It seems I've lost my passport. Some days your the statue and some days your the pidgeon... :\\\'(

Sponsored Links