Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Greetings ya'll  (Read 1437 times)

• Liked: 0
Greetings ya'll
« on: October 28, 2002, 04:28:36 PM »
[smiley=antlers.gif]Hi all,

My name is Tami and I am from New Orleans, La. I am a dedicated anglophile. When I retire I want to move to UK with my hubby. I have been to the UK over 80 times since 1984. Plenty of frequent flyer points, saving all year round, and working plenty of outside employment!  I havent been to the UK since February and I am having withdrawals.  Thank goodness for BBC America and your forum! Just want to say HI.

• wench
  • Gin-soaked Floozie

• Caution: wench on board
    • Wenchstead
Re: Greetings ya'll
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2002, 08:52:12 PM »
lol!  Well heyas!  Hehehe, just find it funny to hear someone who wants to be here so bad...lol, I remember when I was like that.  My how reality does wear... ;)  I'm extremely impressed by your number of trips tho!  wow!  ;D  Does your hubby share your English Enthusiasam (ack can't spell hehe)?  Do you have any particular favorite part of England?
wench
just trying to be sociable.  :D
Ask and ye shall be babbled at.

• LisaE
  • A Brit in an American shell

• From Naples, FL to Melksham, Wilts. No contest.
    • Well House Consultants
  • Liked: 5
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2002, 09:22:38 AM »
Oooh, Tami, make it 81 on Nov 8 and come with us on the London Ripper Walk! I'm sure you'd get a kick out of it, assuming your anglophilia encompasses Jack the Ripper as well, considering your background.
Married to Graham, we run our own open-source computer training company in beautiful Wiltshire out of our 1814 Georgian Regency home (a former lodging house and once featured in Antiques Roadshow)

• Liked: 4
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2002, 07:53:18 PM »
welcome tami....what areas have you visited in the UK? and where would you like to retire?  i have been here just over a year now, but just recently moved further out of london....im absolutely loving it.  this is a very helpful and supportive site so be sure to ask any questions.  keep postin!!  

"A nation which does not remember what it was yesterday does not know where it is today."
--Robert E. Lee

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2002, 12:55:00 AM »
I have been all over Britain and up to the highlands in Scotland.  I have friends in Radlett and Watford. Also, in the police museum at Telford, the curator has my american police uniform on display. I want to retire ANYWHERE I can but am worried about the possibilities of not being able to cause they don't allow you to stay except for certain conditions.  Now if I won the lottery I would just open a business there! You all are so lucky!!!! :-[

• LisaE
  • A Brit in an American shell

• From Naples, FL to Melksham, Wilts. No contest.
    • Well House Consultants
  • Liked: 5
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2002, 07:22:04 AM »
You know, it's a darn shame they let your clothes stay, but not you.  ;)

I'm sure you've thought about all the possibilities...maybe you can arrange some consulting, offer to take on some stalled cases. Goodness knows we could use some help in that department. Ah well, the world shrinks more and more each day so perhaps in time there will be some sort of Immigration agreement between the two countries. Something has to give. We're not enemies, afterall. And the ease could only benefit the exchange of technologies.

What really stymies me is how so many Brits can retire to Florida; how do they do that?
Married to Graham, we run our own open-source computer training company in beautiful Wiltshire out of our 1814 Georgian Regency home (a former lodging house and once featured in Antiques Roadshow)

• Garden Butterflies
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2002, 08:00:25 PM »
Welcome Garda,

you sound very enthusiastic over England...  that is a nice thing...  I wish you luck in your hopeful move.

michele
Logic is one thing, it keeps us in control!
But the heart only knows one, which is the  
depths of our soul!

Sponsored Links