Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Suggestions please.  (Read 26256 times)

• London Rollergirl
  • Liked: 1
Re: Suggestions please.
« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2007, 11:55:46 AM »
what about one on how to utilize local markets (ie : farmers , trade stalls , etc)
But never fear, gentlemen; castration was really not the point of feminism, and we women are too busy eviscerating one another to take you on.

• York Interweb
  • Liked: 8
« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2007, 12:04:59 PM »
How about an alphabetical glossary of British words and expressions, including slang and regional expressions.

Mods could cut and paste from the threads we already have on the subject, and other members could contribute, making sure to keep everything arranged in alphabetical order.

« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2007, 12:23:48 PM »
How about an alphabetical glossary of British words and expressions, including slang and regional expressions.

Mods could cut and paste from the threads we already have on the subject, and other members could contribute, making sure to keep everything arranged in alphabetical order.

Good idea.  :)  But I'm afraid I don't have the time to track all that stuff down.  Anyone is welcome to start a thread though.

« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2007, 04:57:52 PM »
I have another to go along with MrsPink.  How about explaining from start to finish what to do when you get pregnant in the UK.  For example, what do you do when you get the positive, what sources there are for pregnant women etc.

OH and instead of people adding a new post to the thread with suggestions, (Which might make it hard for people to find them) maybe pm the op and ask them to edit their post with your suggestion.  That way Mindy or another mod does not need to clean things up.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2007, 05:05:01 PM by Stacey »

• Officially a Brit.
  • Liked: 2
« Reply #19 on: May 07, 2007, 05:02:17 PM »
I'm going to do one on plus-size shopping some time this week.
When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life. ~ John Lennon

• Smiley Gifts World
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #20 on: May 07, 2007, 05:16:08 PM »
I'm going to do one on plus-size shopping some time this week.
I will be keeping my eye out for that one!!

I know a few people have started businesses....how about one for tips to starting a business in the UK (okay I admit I selfishly want someone to do this for me ;-) )

• Liked: 0
« Reply #21 on: May 07, 2007, 10:11:19 PM »

I think there is a site that already has that, I could try to track it down and we could just paste the links. I think there are a few.

« Reply #22 on: May 07, 2007, 10:58:32 PM »
To go along with Mrs. Pink and Stacey, maybe a thread about navigating the British school system?  I know that there were a few threads about that with people who were moving over with children already.  But then again, maybe that's what Mrs. Pink already had in mind.  Sorry if I was stepping on toes!  Or, perhaps it is more for pregnancy and parenting. 

« Reply #23 on: May 08, 2007, 08:16:12 PM »
Please, please, please tell me how to organise a UK house.  Where do you put linens, towels, out of season clothes, etc. when you have no built in storage and limited floor space? 

• Banned

• Liked: 4
« Reply #24 on: May 09, 2007, 11:02:34 AM »
One trick that I use to do and plan to now is to buy a big solid trunk and use that for storage of things I won't be needing for a while, then buy a table cloth and use the trun as a coffee table.

Vicky

« Reply #25 on: May 09, 2007, 04:43:12 PM »
Someone needs to write one for tips, tricks and resources for getting cheap transatlantic airfares.  That question seems to come up constantly.
Now a triple citizen!

Student visa 9/06-->Int'l Grad Scheme 1/08-->FLR(M) 7/08-->ILR 6/10-->British citizenship 12/12

• York Interweb
  • Liked: 8
« Reply #26 on: May 10, 2007, 07:53:05 AM »
I would like to see something on where to find:

clothing for petite women (under 5' 2")

Shoes for small feet (under UK size 4)

• Tis Me!
    • My Family Photos
  • Liked: 2
« Reply #27 on: May 10, 2007, 11:07:40 AM »
Principles does a petite range..(for 5'3......bidding my time until I can get into them....I need 1 more size and I will be in!!!

They only go up to size 16 tho...

« Reply #28 on: May 14, 2007, 10:22:17 PM »
How about a step-by-step guide to US students funding study at a UK uni (undergrad and grad students)? It could include a list of good places to look for lenders who support international studies.

« Reply #29 on: May 14, 2007, 10:24:49 PM »
I don't think anyone had suggested this, but sorry if I missed it. What about a cooking related just do it thread. Something along the lines of what are good subtitutes, different names for same thing. That kind of thing.

Sponsored Links