Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Anyone else watching the Joseph comp on Saturdays?  (Read 2005 times)

• Liked: 2
Anyone else watching the Joseph comp on Saturdays?
« on: May 06, 2007, 12:55:58 PM »
Or am I the only sad git in on a saturday night. I've bought tix for me and my sons so we've got a vested interested and it's rather sweet to see a 6 year old getting into a musical.. but it is the ultimate cheese-fest! ;D
"When a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford." - Samuel Johnson

• Liked: 0
Re: Anyone else watching the Joseph comp on Saturdays?
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2007, 01:21:05 PM »
I've watched it a couple of times, but I'm not into it at all. 

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2007, 01:37:47 PM »
I love it. But then it involves two of my favourite things - reality tv and gay men!  ;)  ;D

• Snaps
  • Liked: 11
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2007, 01:41:38 PM »
I love it, too. My favourite is Keith, the very young one. I think he looks too young to pull off the role, so I doubt he'll win - but he has a fantastic voice!
My Project 365 photo blog: Snaps!

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2007, 02:00:27 PM »
He has a fabulous voice, Keith - but looks like Liza Minelli to me  :P

Who was that tattoo ridden man that Lewis hugged when he got thru? His boyfriend?  He'll lose the teeny-bopper votes if he doesn't keep that a bit more quiet....
"When a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford." - Samuel Johnson

• Snaps
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2007, 02:58:32 PM »
Who was that tattoo ridden man that Lewis hugged when he got thru? His boyfriend?  He'll lose the teeny-bopper votes if he doesn't keep that a bit more quiet....

LOL! I missed that. Come to think of it, I'm not even sure which one is Lewis.  ???

The one I absolutely can't stand is the blond Scottish boy with the uber-tan and the bright pink lips. Ugh.

• Conservative for the moral good of mankind
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2007, 05:46:11 PM »
I absolutely love this show because I have always loved Joseph!  Who got voted off last night? I missed it!  i am a big Lee fan.  I adore him!
"Be completely humble and patient, bearing with one another in love"  Ephesians 4:2

"All that is necessary for evil to win the world is for good men to do nothing." Edmund Burke

« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2007, 08:10:58 PM »
Chris went with the fluorescent teeth that sparkled in the dark.... ;)  Craig with the pink lips and fake tan stayed in by a whisker...

« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2007, 08:49:40 AM »
I have been watching it. I love how cheesy and over the top it is and prefer it to the Grease show going on right now (I felt like I had to make a choice; don't want to overdo it!) Keith, Lee and Daniel are my favourites. I don't think they would choose Keith for the part, but boy, can he work the cameras! Was it not hilarious how dramatic Seamus was in his exit song a couple weeks ago? He was so incredibly dismissive of the suggestion that he work as a teamplayer.

• Snaps
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2007, 08:54:41 AM »
Was it not hilarious how dramatic Seamus was in his exit song a couple weeks ago? He was so incredibly dismissive of the suggestion that he work as a teamplayer.

He even changed the lyrics. Instead of singing, "A land of my own," he changed it to "A show of my own." In spite of his bad press, I was sort of on the fence about him all along, but that totally turned me against him. Pompous fool.

• Paul & Terri O'Neale
    • Special Start Birth
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2007, 04:07:40 PM »
OMG...they cry more than the Maria's!

Seamus...how could his own mother be so dismissive? You support your kid no matter what Andrew Llyod Webber says...just look at Lewis' Grandma Jean.

I am terribly disappointed because there were a couple of girls that I could always see as Maria (even though I always preferred Connie). There isn't a single one of these guys that I think can actually pull off Joseph. I mean Daniel and Lee are good...but not up to eight shows a week.
Terri P O'Neale

« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2007, 07:23:47 AM »
I think Lee will be fine. He's already played the Pharoah on a tour of Joseph so must know the show inside and out.  He never cries, and he takes it all with such quiet dignity.  The tears really got on my t*ts and I don't think I could forget Keith or Lewis sobbing if I was sat in the audience watching them....

I can't see any of the others in the part. Daniel and Keith have lovely voices, but they's so SHORT with cheesy grins.

I did like Seamus v much and thought he had the perfect look. But at 34, he wasn't about to have anyone tell him what to do - I can emphathise with that but wish he'd played the game better.  My fave bit of his exit was how the coat wouldn't come off :P

• Snaps
« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2007, 05:43:53 PM »
Ugh. I can't believe Craig and his face of many colours is still in.  >:(

« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2007, 07:59:33 PM »
What a river of tears it was!!!!! Amazed that Lewis was up for the vote... thought the teenyboppers would prevent that.

• Conservative for the moral good of mankind
« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2007, 12:13:45 AM »
I heard a rumor that Josh Groban was going to be on the May 26th episode! 
"Be completely humble and patient, bearing with one another in love"  Ephesians 4:2

"All that is necessary for evil to win the world is for good men to do nothing." Edmund Burke

Sponsored Links