Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Fiance / Spouse Visa - procedures  (Read 1984 times)

• Liked: 0
Re: Fiance / Spouse Visa - procedures
« Reply #30 on: June 05, 2008, 05:38:06 PM »
Wow. That changes a lot of things.  If I were to apply for a marriage visit visa, wouldn't my fiancee and I have to show that we don't plan to eventually stay in the UK?  Or just that we plan to leave within 6 months?  I'll do some digging on this.  I've got no clue what type of paperwork I'd need to provide for this one.  Hopefully it all falls into what I already have for the fiance visa  ;D

• Banned

• Liked: 4
« Reply #31 on: June 05, 2008, 05:44:44 PM »
If I hear Mozart's eine kline natch music  any time soon I'll scream lol. ::)

It wouldn't be so bad if they played the whole bloody thing instead of just the first four bars on loop!

>:(

Vicky

• Banned

« Reply #32 on: June 05, 2008, 05:46:59 PM »
If I were to apply for a marriage visit visa, wouldn't my fiancee and I have to show that we don't plan to eventually stay in the UK?  Or just that we plan to leave within 6 months? 

Just that you will definitely leave within 6 months.  Tell them exactly what is happening - that you are coming to the UK to marry, going back to the US within 3 weeks for your honeymoon (show flights if you have already booked them) and that you will apply for the spousal visa then and do intend to eventually settle in the UK when you have the spousal visa.  They will see that there is no reason for you to overstay the six months.  You can even say why you are doing it - because of the timing and because it will be cheaper. 

Vicky

• Liked: 0
« Reply #33 on: June 05, 2008, 06:09:39 PM »
I'd rather not book the flights before I know I have the visa.  My family is planning a reception for us over here since we're getting married in the UK, can I show them receipts for deposits on the venue, caterer, etc to prove that we're coming back?

Also, he will be supporting me for the length of my stay but we'll also be living with his parents until after I get the spouse visa and can work.  Should I still submit the original budget I had made up for the fiance visa?  Do I still need to note that we're paying rent?

Is this going to be much more straightforward than the fiance visa?  I have a feeling I'm stressing about this now for no reason.

• Banned

« Reply #34 on: June 06, 2008, 11:15:35 AM »
A marriage visit visa will be much more straight forward.  The budget can be sumitted, though it will be of more use for the spousal visa.  You don't have to pay rent for the marriage visit visa, and the evidence of the big reception in the US is exactly the kind of thing they are looking for to show that you will leave the UK.

Vicky

Sponsored Links