Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: It was 30 years ago today....  (Read 1809 times)

Re: It was 30 years ago today....
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2007, 02:31:59 PM »
All of this reminds me of a funny story -

About six years ago, my mom was doing some serious pruning on a large hedge.  She decided to pull part of it out and replace it with another plant, and when she was digging it out..... found a buried Han Solo! :D

• Liked: 0
« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2007, 02:32:44 PM »
omg how funny.
Why did you bury Han Solo???
Hollywood, CA -> London, UK 2004
London, UK -> Long Beach, CA 2007

Best 3 1/2 years of my life!

« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2007, 06:26:38 PM »
OMG.  We went out as a family(!) to the big theatre 40 miles away!  :)  And then my brother became OBSESSED.  And I saw it something like, 33 times.  :)

« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2007, 06:29:56 PM »
My husband still has his old Star Wars toys from when he was a kid - he will never part with them.

And we know two people that have the full size Storm Trooper outfits that you wear - they are part of a chapter of some Storm Trooper organization.  :o

I love Star Wars - can watch it over and over.  :)

« Reply #19 on: May 25, 2007, 07:35:19 PM »
omg how funny.
Why did you bury Han Solo???

I'm sure it was part of one of our marathon Star Wars/GI Joe/Barbie/Six Million Dollar Man extravaganzas.  We were always coming up with stories that inevitably involved the tragic death of one of the players.  Usually poor Steve Austin.  I guess Han Solo was the unlucky soul in that one.

And we know two people that have the full size Storm Trooper outfits that you wear - they are part of a chapter of some Storm Trooper organization.  :o

Did they march in the Rose Parade this year?

« Reply #20 on: May 25, 2007, 09:06:43 PM »
I went to see it with my church youth group... i must have been 14 if it's 30 years ago.  But i was really upset, cos i wanted to see ANYTHING but Star Wars, but i was out-voted!  I didnt like it... i've always hated sci-fi and space-things, so i only ever saw the first Star Wars film.

« Reply #21 on: May 26, 2007, 12:40:14 AM »
At my boarding school we had the chaperones take us to see it every. single. weekend.

Until Saturday Night Fever opened.
Then I got detention after someone's parents found out it was an R rated film and no one had asked parental permission... and I was the one who had suggested it.  ::)
(Don't blame the chaperone or the school, blame the 13 year old!)
Hollywood, CA -> London, UK 2004
London, UK -> Long Beach, CA 2007

Best 3 1/2 years of my life!

« Reply #22 on: May 26, 2007, 01:04:40 AM »
I
Did they march in the Rose Parade this year?

I think they were part of that group!  :D  DH said they were in some big televised parade last year so that was probably it.

« Reply #23 on: May 26, 2007, 01:52:27 AM »
I think they were part of that group!  :D  DH said they were in some big televised parade last year so that was probably it.

That's the geekiest cool thing ever! :D

• Banned

• Damn it, Spock, breathe!
« Reply #24 on: May 26, 2007, 02:47:23 PM »
I haven't seen any of the prequels. I thought the original movies were enough. I'm neither here nor there about science fiction (except for Scientology--GRRRR), but I always thought Star Wars was WAY overrated.

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab