Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Question for Graham or anyone who may know  (Read 664 times)

• tebs
  • AmericanTexBrit

• Portrait and Wedding Photographer
    • Murakami Photography
  • Liked: 2
Question for Graham or anyone who may know
« on: March 09, 2004, 03:19:43 PM »
Besides Continental and British Airways,, are there any other airlines who have direct flights (non stop) from Gatwick to Houston? I am thinking about switching my loyalties from Continental to another airline, but I need one that flys direct and has a decent frequent flyer program. Thanks :)  I am considering switching to BA, because I heard they have a frequent flyer program where you can share frequent flyer miles in your family. I am flying the girls over this summer, and want to sign them up to a program as well, so if this is true, then it may be worth it to start flying BA. Opinions?  

• Well House Consultants - PHP Courses
  • Liked: 0
Re: Question for Graham or anyone who may know
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2004, 06:32:15 PM »
Those are the only two I found when I trawled for a complete USA -> UK listing a few weeks ago.   American do a flight to DFW if your girls happen to be somewhere between (Waco, Austin ...)

A thought.  Continental often "code share" with Virgin Atlantic and I think they might on the Houston route.  Would that give you a chance to get onto their program?  But then ... that's an individual membership rather than a family as far as I know.

Personally, I'm not a great fan of BA; past experiences, but probably so long ago now that it's unfair to think the airline still operates in the same way.  Last flew with BA (Hobson's choice) a couple of years back - perfectly reasonable flight but nothing to write home about, which is probably what you're looking for  ;)
-- Graham
Well House Consultants - Open Source training
Well House Manor - Hotel in Melksham, Wiltshire

• tebs
  • AmericanTexBrit

• Portrait and Wedding Photographer
    • Murakami Photography
  • Liked: 2
Re: Question for Graham or anyone who may know
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2004, 11:35:56 PM »
naa,, Virgin doens't go to Houston,, they do go to Orlando tho, and in fact, if you book a non stop to Orlando thru Continental, that's who they put you with.  I did some research on BA's ff program today, and it's even worse than Continental's, so I guess for now, I will stick with them.  
The only problem I have with Contintental really, is that they have changed their FF program to the point where the benefits are not that great unless you fly full fare, and who is going to want to do that if they fly alot  :-/ Next year I will face only getting half credit on miles unless I can boost up to the next level this year. Sigh.

Thanks for the reply :)
« Last Edit: March 09, 2004, 11:36:51 PM by tebs »

Sponsored Links