Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: specifics re: spousal visa app.- need for birth certificates? (and more)  (Read 472 times)

• Liked: 0
Hello-
I will be applying for a spousal visa to join my soon-to-be-husband in London this January.
He owns his home and his 14 year old daughter lives with him a few weekdays each week, plus every other weekend.

I have a few specific questions regarding supporting documents for the application:

1. Do I need to have a certified copy of her birth certificate with my application?

2. Are there any other documents or statements that need to be provided or made due to her existence?
for example:
-that she is aware of me, has met me?
-that there is adequate room for me in his house (3 people, 2 bedrooms).

3. Do I need to provide certified copies of my birth certificate as well as my husband's?

4. What parts of his passport need to be notarised?
I have read that:
a. just the photo page is required
b. the photo page as well as all of the non-blank pages are required
c. all pages, including blanks are required.

My guess is "b", but i have read of success stories with "a"!

While I am aware that there are inconsistencies in the system and varying experiences for different individuals- any help with any certainties are certainly appreciated!

thanks a bunch...

I have read that:

This one gets asked alot and there's confusion about it because the answer depends upon the type of application and the evidence needed to support the application.

An ILR or nationality application for example has an in-country residency requirement and so all pages usually are needed to support the application.

Spouse and fiance applications need to identify that the sponsor is entitled to sponsorship.  For a British citizen with a current passport, the identity page is sufficient.  If the sponsor is not British, other pages may be required to show that the sponsor is a permanent resident, like the page containing their ILR vignette for example.

Many fiance applicants like to copy the pages with entry stamps that support the fact that the two people have met and have an on-going relationship.  The same can be said for a spousal application.  If there is something relevant in other pages of the passport, they can be included.

There is also nothing to prevent the applicant from certifying blank pages either.  Those who certify are quite happy to do this because they usually charge on a per-page basis.

Take note also, that the sponsor's passport is just a RECOMMENDED attachment, it is not mentioned at all in HC395 or any of its amendments.  if a British citizen does not have a passport, there are alternative procedures that can be used.  For a fiance/spousal application, the requirement is to obtain the sponsor's identity, not the travel history.

Thanks, Garry- you are a gem.

My future spouse is a British citizen and I will just ask him to certify the Photo bit.

Does anybody have any thoughts about my other questions regarding birth certificates?
(Please see my questions 1-3 in original post)

Thanks!

Hello-
I will be applying for a spousal visa to join my soon-to-be-husband in London this January.
He owns his home and his 14 year old daughter lives with him a few weekdays each week, plus every other weekend.

I have a few specific questions regarding supporting documents for the application:

1. Do I need to have a certified copy of her birth certificate with my application?

2. Are there any other documents or statements that need to be provided or made due to her existence?
for example:
-that she is aware of me, has met me?
-that there is adequate room for me in his house (3 people, 2 bedrooms).

3. Do I need to provide certified copies of my birth certificate as well as my husband's?

I have read that:

While I am aware that there are inconsistencies in the system and varying experiences for different individuals- any help with any certainties are certainly appreciated!

thanks a bunch...

1. No - you just list her information on the form.
2a. No - I included a couple of cards that were sent between me and my stepson but it wasn't necessary.
2b. You have to provide evidence of accommodation as part of the application and with 3 people in a 2 BR house you're not in danger of overcrowding. :)
3. I sent in copies of both our birth certificates. Your birth certificate is on the list of supporting documents and as for his, I believe it's not required if you're sending in his original passport but I know people have included it when sending in a certified copy of the passport.

Hope this helps.

Thanks a lot, Tanis! That really does help a lot.

Sponsored Links