Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Hello from Bobbie in Southwest Devon  (Read 1527 times)

• Liked: 0
Hello from Bobbie in Southwest Devon
« on: November 09, 2002, 12:24:46 AM »
Hi,

My name is Bobbie Shewbrook. I'm 32 years old, married to a wonderful man and have two daughters. I married my husband who is British about 2 years ago and moved to the Uk from ohio to start a new life with him.   I am now living in a peaceful village called Bere Alston near Plymouth in the southwest part of Devon and am currently work as a Activity Co-ordinator in the village residential home. It is a tough job but I really enjoy it.

Since I have been here I have only managed to find one american  living in the area where I live. I'm hoping to find more as I am extremely homesick and would love to speak to anybody from the US currently living in the UK. And would be grateful to anyone who could put my in touch with americans living near plymouth.

My hobbies are dancing, music, arts and crafts, reading, cooking, spending time outdoors and shopping.

If anyone wants to contact via email I will gaurantee i will respond back as soon as I can. I really looking forward to hearing from you and making new friends.

Bye for now,

Bobbie  :D

• Liked: 4
Re: Hello from Bobbie in Southwest Devon
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2002, 12:45:42 PM »
hi bobbie and welcome to UKY.  what part of Ohio are ya from?  how do u like living in plymouth?...i think i saw someone else on this site from that area...ill try to remember who and let you know :)   we have live chats twice a week...come and join us for some fun.  
"A nation which does not remember what it was yesterday does not know where it is today."
--Robert E. Lee

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2002, 04:46:44 PM »
Hi,

I lived in Logan county. In a town called Lakeview at Indian Lake. I don't actually live in Plymouth I live in a small village 10 miles outside of Plymouth. But I love taking the train into Plymouth. Shopping is great there. And the harbour is Beautiful at Sunset. I like the train ride because you can see the warships in the dockyard. My husband works in the dockyard in Plymouth and we have got to go onboard one they are amazing ships.

If your ever in Devon give us a shout we always keen on meeting other americans. And we can show you some beauty devon has to other.

We are tryingf to organise a xmas shopping day in plymouth on the 7th of december if your interested?

hope to hear from you soon,

bye for now,

Bobbie

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2002, 05:14:34 PM »
Hi Bobbie,

Glad you found the site!  It was really good talking to you the other day,,,always nice to hear a "familiar" voice, we'll have to do it again soon.  

Talk to you soon

barbara

• wench
  • Gin-soaked Floozie

• Caution: wench on board
    • Wenchstead
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2002, 01:18:21 PM »
wubba to the site.  :)  There's lots of friendly people here...and I think you'll find that just knowing there are a whole ton of other peeps over here (even if not as near as you'd like) will be helpful.  :D
wench
Ask and ye shall be babbled at.

• Garden Butterflies
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2002, 02:23:29 PM »
Hello Bobbie,

and welcome to UK Yankee!...  you will find many friendly faces here and I do believe there are some close to your locale...  but can not swear to that...  

I am not there yet...hoping that I will be in a few months time, so I have not experienced being homesick yet... I do know how it feels to be homesick for England though and I go through that often.

Take care and enjoy the site...

michele
Logic is one thing, it keeps us in control!
But the heart only knows one, which is the  
depths of our soul!

Sponsored Links