Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Major car concerns  (Read 2156 times)

• Liked: 0
Re: Major car concerns
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2004, 06:17:02 PM »
LOL Lynne, don't get me wrong I LOVE my saturn and if I was staying I'd be buying another one.  But its not a high end car for sure.  Mine is a 96 SL2 and a lovely gold color with the tan interior?  I love mine too.  But will be selling it as you did.

Sun King sorry again I won't be moving my car.  I would rather have the money from selling it here and buy something more suitable over there.   I am with Lynne.  Getting attached doesn't seem worth it.  Sorry. :(
Give a man an inch and he thinks he's a ruler!

• Philadelphia, PA to York in 2000
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2004, 08:42:22 PM »
LOL Lynne, don't get me wrong I LOVE my saturn and if I was staying I'd be buying another one.  But its not a high end car for sure.  Mine is a 96 SL2 and a lovely gold color with the tan interior?  I love mine too.  But will be selling it as you did.

No, not high end at all. Mine was an SL1 even...metallic blue with blue interior. I even did the Saturn Saturday BBQ car washes in summer at the dealership. Sigh.  :'(  It was just a great car...much better than my previous ones. I would kill if I brought it over and something happened to it.  [smiley=hanged.gif]

We have a Micra now. It's just a car. It'll get ruined soon enough from some nugget walking by.  :-[

Sun King, I hope you are able to find someplace safe for your 'baby'. Otherwise, you may want to look into leaving it with someone you can trust and visit it every so often.  :-/

« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2004, 01:50:37 AM »
bear in mind that your US-spec automobile may not be road-legal here.

• LisaE
  • A Brit in an American shell

• From Naples, FL to Melksham, Wilts. No contest.
    • Well House Consultants
  • Liked: 5
« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2004, 08:51:38 AM »
Doesn't take much to make it road legal. An adjustment of the headlights, addition of somethingorother on the back, a little thingamajiggy here. (You can tell I'm not totally car-savvy.) With my first MOT on it here, it needed two things, and the next MOT it needed one more thing (only because the first folks missed something). It's sailed through MOTs ever since. Next one will be the sixth.
Married to Graham, we run our own open-source computer training company in beautiful Wiltshire out of our 1814 Georgian Regency home (a former lodging house and once featured in Antiques Roadshow)

• Hi there.
« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2004, 04:32:36 AM »
Hi.....I'm a new member and also in the early stages of a possible move.  And, I also have a car that I'm attached to.  Lots of vandalism in Oxford as well?  

Sponsored Links