Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: spouse visa confusion?  (Read 648 times)

• From Orlando to Nottingham
  • Liked: 0
spouse visa confusion?
« on: July 12, 2007, 11:50:24 AM »
Hey can anyone out there walk me through getting my spousal visa? There is so much information on it and everyone we talk to explains it differently! First off we are getting married in FL on Oct 13th and honeymooning there the following week. If I apply for my visa on line after we are married and put a rush on it will it be back in time for me to come back to england by the 21st? or should we instead go and apply in person?If so where would that be? One web site said you can only do that in NY, Cali or Chicago which is obviously far away from us. any help is very appreciated  [smiley=confused.gif]

Re: spouse visa confusion?
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2007, 12:04:37 PM »
if you apply by post, it takes usually between 1-2 weeks (can take a bit longer), and there's no way to "put a rush on it" (other than sending your documents via overnight mail, which I would recommend doing anyway.)  If applying by post it's unlikely that you will have your visa by the 21st if you're only getting married on the 13th, especially since you have to wait to get your marriage certificate for the application which usually takes a couple of days to get depending on the state/county.

If you go in person (and yes, you can only go to NYC, LA or Chicago, depending on what state you live in) then you can get the visa the same day.  If you're in a hurry but you can't go in person, another option would be to hire a registered courier service who will take your documents into the consulate for you (they don't need an appointment) so you'd get same day service without actually being there (although with mailing documents back and forth to the courier it'd be more like 2-3 day service.)
Now a triple citizen!

Student visa 9/06-->Int'l Grad Scheme 1/08-->FLR(M) 7/08-->ILR 6/10-->British citizenship 12/12

• Liked: 8
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2007, 12:06:45 PM »
Click the little globe icon to the left of this post -- that'll give you the rundown of my experience in obtaining a spousal visa.  Keep in mind that the prices have changed, etc., but you'll get a general outline of what you need to provide as far as documentation, etc.

• From Orlando to Nottingham
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2007, 01:21:13 AM »
one more question, how do I get in touch with a courier to go in place to the consolate? That sounds like it might be my best option right now!

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab