Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Unmarried partners visa (family letters)??????  (Read 3118 times)

• Liked: 0
Unmarried partners visa (family letters)??????
« on: July 13, 2007, 08:16:38 PM »
Hello all!
We will be applying for de facto visa april 2008.  We have a ton of evidence and will eventually have our family write letters to prove our relationship (or at least help prove) as genuine.
To all that has included letters with their visa application...
What exactly was the letter format?  Do you have examples?

THANK YOU!

Alexis ;D

Re: Unmarried partners visa (family letters)??????
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2007, 04:39:18 PM »
I had the people who wrote about our relationship write casually and in their own words about what they know about our relationship.  Some told a chronological story.  Some just told the relationship details.  All I asked was that they use their own knowledge and wording.  My mother in law wrote a very sweet letter admonishing Immigration to just let us be together.  ;D  My best friend wrote about how she was initially sceptical, but over the years has come to see us as the most loving and close couple she knows (despite the LDR for most of our relationship).  One of our wedding witnesses wrote about our wedding day and then went into her knowledge of our relationship after our wedding.

Oddly, two of the more creative people I know couldn't figure out how to write it, and we had to send out our application without it.  Oddly, we didn't get any of the letters (as well as some other odds and ends) back, but I don't know if it's because they couldn't afford to send it.  With our communication details (6 years of phone records), our binder cost us $50 to overnight priority to NYC.

• Banned

• Liked: 4
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2007, 04:53:54 PM »
just to let you know that at the moment these letters of support are not needed for the Unmarried Partner visa.  If you have the evidence of two years cohabitation, and fulfil the rest of the criteria, then that will be that.  So the format of the letter really doesn't matter.

Vicky

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2007, 05:07:50 PM »
there's a sample letter for a visa-national, same-sex unmarried partner at
http://www.londonelegance.com/transpondia/sil/sampleUPLetter.pdf

Trivia:  The sponsor lives in "Ambridge".  Ambridge is a ficticious town providing the backdrop and ambience for the longest running BBC soap opera ever.  The soap opera itself is so hoakie you can't hardly believe it.

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab