Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Distance Learning  (Read 2118 times)

Distance Learning
« on: November 17, 2002, 11:16:22 AM »
Anyone here considering distance learning, done distance learning or plan to in the future?  I'm in the "plan to in the future" category.  I'm already a legal secretary but want some credentials.  I have no GCSE's and feel I am too old to go back to school to get some to pad my CV.  I don't really have any certifications as a legal secretary, only my experience.  I really want to make more money than what I do though and figure having the credential will make me more valuable so going to go through ILEX's legal secretary certification.  I could take it as a class through a college, but as I work full time and don't get home till later at night, don't really want to burn the candle at both ends so figure this is a nice alternative.  Hope to sign up for my course here in the next couple weeks.  

so that's my story.  Anyone else?

• wench
  • Gin-soaked Floozie

• Caution: wench on board
    • Wenchstead
  • Liked: 0
Re: Distance Learning
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2002, 01:22:23 AM »
heyla elle.  :)  well I'm definitely in the *plan to at some point in the future* catagory...simply 'cause of travel and time restrictions.  At the moment I'm taking Japanese classes at the Oast house in Staines...and hopefully will be taking art classes next year there as well....but I'm gonna have to look about for the law classes that I'm interested in...and I really need to decide whether I'd rather be involved in Law or English.  ;D  Let us know how it goes chica!
((((((hugs))))))
wench
aren't you feeling better yet???
Ask and ye shall be babbled at.

Re: Distance Learning
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2002, 10:08:44 PM »
heyla elle.  :)  well I'm definitely in the *plan to at some point in the future* catagory...simply 'cause of travel and time restrictions.  At the moment I'm taking Japanese classes at the Oast house in Staines...and hopefully will be taking art classes next year there as well....but I'm gonna have to look about for the law classes that I'm interested in...and I really need to decide whether I'd rather be involved in Law or English.  ;D  Let us know how it goes chica!
((((((hugs))))))
wench
aren't you feeling better yet???

There's 2 different secretarial courses through ILEX.  One is for a certification and the other is for a diploma, i.e., more advanced.  I would like to do both.  I'm not sure I'm experienced enough to go straight to the diploma course, but I know I'll whiz through much of the certification course.  There's also distance learning through ILEX for paralegal studies.  I may consider that in the future as well.  Not sure.  I'll let you know how it goes!  And yes, I'm feeling better now.  Thanks. :)

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab