Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: HOW TO MOVE into the Uk  (Read 1657 times)

• Liked: 0
HOW TO MOVE into the Uk
« on: November 18, 2002, 02:23:27 AM »
I need help PLEASE.. ???  , I'm trying to find out how I can move with my 2 children to be with my boyfriend in the UK.. :'(
I have been into all kinds of site , he has as well and we can not find anything that we understand or that is helpfull...I would be SO very greatfull for any help I can get ...I'm not even sure I'm in the right place to be asking so If I'm in the wrong place I'm sorry ....thank you for listening  :) THANK YOU for answering me you are all the first to do so   :) , I'm coming from the U.S. sorry about that ...I have no idea how to PM  you but I'd love to talk with you ....
          Wild
« Last Edit: November 20, 2002, 10:56:47 AM by wild »
Laugh, Love & Be Happy ...life is to short for anything else..

Re: HOW TO MOVE into the Uk
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2002, 07:38:55 AM »
You and your children will need a visa.

I suggest you visit this website UK Visas which is an official UK Gov't website.

See the section on "Do I need a visa?" so that you can provide details particular to your situation - as you don't say what nationality you are, I'm not going to assume anything.  You may be eligible to settle if you, your parents or grandparents are/were European citizens.

Generally, you cannot immigrate on the basis of having a boyfriend in the UK.  You need to be engaged, married, or have special employment skills.  Some of the other members may be able to provide more information based on their experience.  I got my settlement visa on the basis of marriage to a British citizen who lived in the UK.

• US to UK to US to UK.
    • Flying Nunns
  • Liked: 8
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2002, 02:54:03 PM »
Ditto what Val said. :D
Most people here have entered the UK with a Work Visa, Fiancee Visa, Student Visa, Spouse Visa etc... there are a few of us (me included) who have come over just on their passport as a visitor for a few months before then applying for a fiancee visa etc, but this is really risky. I got detained at Immigration and nearly sent back to the US, and others here *have* been sent back and denied entry. It's especially complicated when you've got kids involved. Take a look at the site Val recommended, and I've put together my own as well that you can have a look through... maybe if you tell us a little more about your situation we can be a better help. :) ((hug))

http://lessermoon.tripod.com/howtomovetoengland/
I'm done moving. Unrepatriated back to the UK, here for good!

Angels are made out of Coffee Beans, Noodles, and Carbon.

http://flyingnunns.blogspot.com
http://coffeebeancards.etsy.com

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2002, 09:39:56 PM »
I add my agreement to what Val and Marlespo have said.  Only you know your situation but there's many questions to ask yourself:  do you intend to come here because you plan to get married and stay permanently?  Will you want to work?  Since you have kids, how will their father feel and will he consent or will it end up being a legal battle?  Is there any reason your boyfriend couldn't move to be with you?  

I'm sure these are all things you're thinking about.  Definitely soul search and research your options.  

• You'll Never Walk Alone
  • Liked: 8
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2002, 03:03:30 PM »
I did move here with my two sons to be with my boyfriend - but it wasn't easy...feel free to PM me and I'll help however I can.  But elle is right - only you know the details of your situation, and any help any of us can give is going to be very general and vague without knowing them.

Again, PM me through this site if you want.  Hate to see anyone go through a fraction of what I did for lack of planning and a reality check!!   ::)
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."

- Benjamin Franklin

Sponsored Links