Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Same Name, Different Computer?  (Read 2734 times)

• Because he's a surfer and i'm a scot!
  • Liked: 0
Same Name, Different Computer?
« on: September 07, 2007, 03:41:41 PM »
So, i use my computer at work to access UK Yankee (don't tell the boss!).

I'm leaving this job on tues/wed of next week and will start new job the following monday.  I'm assuming that I can still use the same user name and passport from a different computer but i will be without Email for about 2 weeks and i wondered if not having an email address on my profile for this period will make any difference whatsoever?

(I use computers every day for work but don't begin to understand how things like this work)

• You'll Never Walk Alone
  • Liked: 8
Re: Same Name, Different Computer?
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2007, 04:44:05 PM »
I access the site from my computer at work, a PC and a Mac at home, and sometimes even my in-laws' computer at their house!  Shouldn't be a problem!
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."

- Benjamin Franklin

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2007, 09:22:16 PM »
Carol, I access this site from my home and work computer too. Aside from my work email I have a web based email account from gmail that I can access anywhere too. Maybe you could set up an email account like that so you are not without email for the 2 week period. I think gmail offers email in the UK too and its free.

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2007, 12:09:54 AM »
Just make sure you log off of here if you're on a public/work computer or someone else could come behind you and mess with your account.  I forgot to log out of my school's email on a public computer and someone messed it up.
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." ~Mark Twain

• Because he's a surfer and i'm a scot!
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2007, 09:15:28 AM »
Thanks for the info...i knew it must be nice and easy!

IME - good point!  I'm permanently logged in!!!

« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2007, 04:10:43 PM »
Okay, so i messed up big time!

I am (was formerly?) CarolW.  I moved jobs so obviously logged out of the web-site.  Since i was moving jobs i altered the email address to change it to my dh's address.

So, i go to log in this morning from my new computer and i encounter the following problems:
1. I thought my user name was CarolW, but it tells me that it's the wrong username
2. I then changed the user name to my first name (not carol) and tried my password, but i've clearly forgotten it (duh).
3. I asked for a reminder to be sent the email address (ie my dh's).  I left it for a while and then checked his email only to discover i've mis-typed his email address in my UKY profile page (it's out by 1 digit!).  I tried to set up a new email address to match what was in UKY but it already exists!!!

So...in summary...i've registered under a new user name and have lost all my of my stars and PMs (not many, but i needed one of them badly!) and someone somewhere has recieved an email reminder from UKY telling them my username and password.

Is there anything i can do to resolve all of this (other than reading a computers for dummys book!)

« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2007, 06:07:13 PM »
Hi Carol,

I see you posted this yesterday so this might already be resolved for you.
Have you tried to PM a moderator and let them know about the situation.
Maybe they have a way of fixing it?
Good Luck! :)

« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2007, 09:21:44 AM »
Thanks for the advice txbella, i'll try the moderator route.  Other than that i'll start of being a newbie again :(

• Liked: 24
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2007, 04:21:25 PM »
Easily sorted, sorry I didn't see this earlier. PM sent.

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab