Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Beasley has arrived!  (Read 1137 times)

• Liked: 0
Beasley has arrived!
« on: November 20, 2002, 02:51:21 AM »
I would like to introduce myself to all who come to this forum.
After twelve years in the UK I am finally connected to the internet!  I know I'm going to love hearing what my fellow expats have to say about life in jolly old England, Scotland, Wales and Ireland!  I come from Pigeon Forge Tennessee; the land of Dolly Parton and the Great Smoky Mountains.  Met this Brit of mine while working in Nashville in the 1980s.  After 4 years in London and a few spent in Jamaica, we settled in a village outside of Cambridge and have been here for 5 years.  I miss my home in Tennessee more now than the first years I was here and hope to return in a few years.  But for now, I live and paint and take care of my cat and my lab.  I have never known any fellow Yanks and it will be most fulfilling getting to hear familiar views.  I am already thrilled at some of the messages I have read.  I have an opinion on everything and this web site will help me express myself, because you know how we touchy-feely Americans like to talk about our feelings! Ha Ha......Bye Bye for now!

• LisaE
  • A Brit in an American shell

• From Naples, FL to Melksham, Wilts. No contest.
    • Well House Consultants
  • Liked: 5
Re: Beasley has arrived!
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2002, 09:54:32 AM »
Welcome Beasley!
You're certainly from beautiful country. Only passed through it, though. I'm originally from Florida and have been here 5 years.
Married to Graham, we run our own open-source computer training company in beautiful Wiltshire out of our 1814 Georgian Regency home (a former lodging house and once featured in Antiques Roadshow)

• Liked: 4
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2002, 11:35:31 AM »
hi beasley  and welcome!!  aaahh pigeon forge, tennessee...i love it there!    :D  its soooo beautiful...my fave time is in october when the leaves are changing.  i can remember each trip, i would look around and say .... i need to buy a cabin and move to this little piece of heaven on earth...thats what it was too me.  :)  so peaceful and they  made the best darn apple butter in the world.  (from the apple barn-of course).  ive actually emailed the apple barn asking if they would ship internationally ... but they wouldnt  :'(   (so whens your next trip back, hehe)

cambridge is a beautiful place...ive only been there once  but def hope to get back soon.   marlspo is in ely (very close to ya), although she will be moving soon and im located in maldon.

ive been here a lil over a year now and get teased all the time about my southern accent...so i gotta ask....after being here 12yrs do u still have that southern twang, hehe.  i hope i dont lose mine...i kinda like it, lol.  

anyway....welcome to UK YANKEE, kick back, settle in and make yourself at home.   ;D
"A nation which does not remember what it was yesterday does not know where it is today."
--Robert E. Lee

• Garden Butterflies
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2002, 01:47:45 PM »
Welcome aboard beasley...  it is nice to make your acquaintance.  

I will be away from board for a couple weeks (time with the honey) my Tom is coming to Maryland today to enjoy his first traditional Thanksgiving...

So relax and put up your feet and enjoy the wealth of info and entertainment here...  I am sure you will enjoy.

Michele
ps, love them smokey mountains...
Logic is one thing, it keeps us in control!
But the heart only knows one, which is the  
depths of our soul!

Sponsored Links