Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Marlespo MIA??  (Read 1985 times)

• Liked: 0
Marlespo MIA??
« on: April 01, 2004, 02:30:48 AM »

I'm thinking Sara must be in the hospital having Philip, anyone heard anything???
Joanne

Re: Marlespo MIA??
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2004, 02:33:09 AM »
Stil waiting, sad to say.  But any day now, we all hope!

• US to UK to US to UK.
    • Flying Nunns
  • Liked: 8
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2004, 11:54:39 AM »
Yep, we're still waiting for our late baby... apparently I'm very comfortable inside.  :P
We've been going into the hospital it seems like every day because he's had really reduced movements that I haven't been able to feel, so we've been hooked up to fetal monitors, had a non-stress test, got another ultrasound... he is fine. Just lazy! He's estimated to weigh about 8.5 pounds right now, I'm 100% effaced and already dilated a few cm... but have been for a few days. :( And if I don't go into labor naturally soon (please God please!!!) - I'll be induced on April 10... no sooner unless there are complications. I'm *crazy* anxious about it because my mom is here from America, and she is leaving next Tuesday, she can't stay longer because she's already putting off her chemotherapy to be here, probably can't put it off any longer. (Though she's trying!) - - so as many "Hurry Up Philip" vibes that can be sent my way are **more** than welcome. I'm at the point where I feel like chewing my arms off.  :-/
I'm done moving. Unrepatriated back to the UK, here for good!

Angels are made out of Coffee Beans, Noodles, and Carbon.

http://flyingnunns.blogspot.com
http://coffeebeancards.etsy.com

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2004, 12:14:47 PM »
Hurry up vibes on the way, dearie.  From everything you say, I honestly would be surprised if you didn't go into labour naturally by the weekend.  

Take some long walks, breathe, and try not to let your mother's anxiousness affect you too much.  *super duper hugs*  I'm thinking of you lots!

• You'll Never Walk Alone
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2004, 12:37:55 PM »
So 04/04/04 might be a possibility?  I'd hate to see you wait that long - but definitely want to see you go "naturally" rather than by induction.
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."

- Benjamin Franklin

« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2004, 02:09:43 PM »
A good curry can work wonders! Also breast massage with warm flannels or an orgasm - seriously -  as it triggers oxytocin - see this link for an explanation and other suggestions for natural induction: http://www.babyworld.co.uk/information/birth/induction/stimulating.asp
There is no such thing as bad weather, only bad clothing

• Liked: 1
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2004, 04:35:26 PM »
There is a place in here in Atlanta that swears that if you eat their eggplant parm. dish it sets you off into labor.  Shall I fedex some?  

Lots of hugs your way!
The wiring in our brain is not static, not irrevocably fixed.  Our brains are adaptable. -Mattieu Ricard

Being ignorant is not so much a shame as being unwilling to learn. -Benjamin Franklin

I have long since come to believe that people never mean half of what they say, and that it is best to disregard their talk and judge only their actions. -D.Day

• Philadelphia, PA to York in 2000
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2004, 09:32:25 PM »
I've heard a nice spicy curry works well too.....at least it did for a friend who popped her late one the weekend of fabulous curry evening. Worth a try!  :D

Hope he arrives soon for everyone's sake!   [smiley=gossip.gif] [smiley=kid.gif]

« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2004, 11:09:39 PM »
I'm praying for you Sara !!
Joanne

« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2004, 02:32:54 AM »
Hey Sara, chin up, 100% effacement is actually WONDERFUL.  I think because you are already completely effaced, you will go very quickly.  When I got to the birth center in labor with Jackson, I was 100% effaced, 3 cm's dilated, with his head at "0" station.  Almost exactly four hours later, he was born: 8 lbs, 21 inches long.  So I hope the fact you are so "ripe" as they say, lol,  is a good omen for you and that your mom will be able to remain long enough for the birth.  

Some "natural" inducers I've read about or heard of:
1.) Fresh pineapple
2.) Sex (although the prostaglandins in semen really serve mostly to efface--something you've already accomplished!
3.) black cohosh
4.) nipple stimulation (causes your body to release oxytocin, which in turn stimulates uterine contractions)

Good luck,

Rebekah
« Last Edit: April 02, 2004, 02:33:49 AM by CSA_Expatriate »
Humans are not so much rational beings, as they are rationalizing.

• US to UK to US to UK.
    • Flying Nunns
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2004, 11:30:17 AM »
Yep, I'm ripe as ripe can be, which is why it's so frsutrating that things haven't started yet! I've got another midwife appointment today and maybe she can sprinkle magic fairy dust on me - so far that's the only thing we haven't tried! Where are you, magic fairies...
I'm done moving. Unrepatriated back to the UK, here for good!

Angels are made out of Coffee Beans, Noodles, and Carbon.

http://flyingnunns.blogspot.com
http://coffeebeancards.etsy.com

« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2004, 04:10:14 PM »
Not checked in yet?  Is today the day?   :)

« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2004, 05:38:59 PM »
Fingers crossed!

« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2004, 09:32:27 PM »
[smiley=kid.gif]

Hey there Sara,

I was just looking at some of the photos you had posted and they reminded me a lot of my Mom with my brother Theo---she had become quite big and round in the womb region too.  Ted was about a week late as well and finally born at 9lbs on sept 11, 1984. Hehehe as a side note I was born 11, Oct 1983 I was by three months premature and 3lbs  :D My parents didn't believe in waiting lol!

In any case stay comfortable, pray a lot and I truly think you are "ripe"---that little boy is going to fly right out.

I am voting for 4/4/04 :D

God bless,

Samantha** :)

• tebs
  • AmericanTexBrit

• Portrait and Wedding Photographer
    • Murakami Photography
  • Liked: 2
« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2004, 02:58:25 PM »
Well? Any one hear from Sarah since Saturday? All this waiting,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,  ;D

Sponsored Links