Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: What is DH?  (Read 7380 times)

Re: What is DH?
« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2007, 01:23:03 PM »
I don't find DS, DH, DD, etc. annoying when other people use them.  I just feel weird about using them myself.  I think it's because I don't use phrases like "darling daughter" "dear husband" when referring to my family in "live" conversations.
Yes, I agree!  I never use the word 'darling' at all let alone when talking about my family  ;D  Maybe that's why it annoys me so much.
Nah, it's not just you.  I never used DH (or DF, or whatever) until I started hanging around this forum - I've always just said "Chris."  I mean, I talk about him enough that people should know who he is!  ;D  But when in Rome....

Darn.  Now I want to go to Rome.
I'm up for a Roman get away!   ;D

« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2007, 01:31:31 PM »
Nah, it's not just you.  I never used DH (or DF, or whatever) until I started hanging around this forum - I've always just said "Chris."  I mean, I talk about him enough that people should know who he is!  ;D  But when in Rome....

Darn.  Now I want to go to Rome.

DH, DW, etc dont bother me.
Txt-spk does.. unless it's on a mobile!

As far as using first names goes... if you're comfortable with it, then fine.  But some people (like me) like to try to be slightly anonymous.  If I'm not telling the entire world-wide-web MY name on this forum, then I'm not telling them my husband's name either.   DH is just easier.   

« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2007, 03:05:14 PM »
But if I just put dorkus down, how will you know I'm referring to my husband?   I call a lot of people that when  I get moody.  :P

I'm part of the d can stand for any d adjective I care to call whoever that day.  The d is totally mood dependent.  I can see how it gets annoying, but I personally don't mind. 

• Snaps
  • Liked: 11
« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2007, 03:11:30 PM »
I can deal with the DH/DS/DQ stuff, although I do find it a bit irritating.  However, it's the people who insist on using textspeak in posts that drive me up a wall.  Is it really that hard to write 'you are', 'you're' or 'your' instead of 'ur'?

I agree! I hate it!!!

I don't even like it on a mobile. I'm a grumpy old lady when it comes to text speak. And mobiles.

I'll shorten sentences to say, "Coming to party tomorrow?" rather than "Are you coming to the party tomorrow?" but that's it.

NO TEXT SPEAK!  >:(

How about 'lovah'? ;D

I'm willing to give it a try!  ;D
My Project 365 photo blog: Snaps!

• Liked: 0
« Reply #19 on: November 02, 2007, 03:53:19 PM »
I thought I was the only one who found it silly.  I can't imagine referring to my husband as "darling husband" in conversation.   ;D

• Banned

• Liked: 4
« Reply #20 on: November 02, 2007, 04:04:37 PM »
  I know I'm probably the only one who finds it annoying... 

You are REALLY not the only one!

And Dan agrees with me (yes, sometimes our 'darling boyfriend's' have NAMES OF THEIR OWN!!!!)

Vicky

• Liked: 2
« Reply #21 on: November 02, 2007, 04:08:53 PM »
Wow well sorry to be such a source of irritation to so many! I never used to write DH actually, til my DH asked me what DH stood for and when I told him it was "dear husband" then he wanted to know why I didn't refer to him as that, did I not think of him as my dear husband? So DH it is.

« Reply #22 on: November 02, 2007, 05:42:40 PM »
I do it because on a forum like this there will always be people who don't know that Daniel is my husband or Jonas is my son, etc. and I don't feel like always writing Daniel, my husband, or Jonas, my son, each time I refer to them. Its so much easier to have commonly known abbreviations. Yes, I could write out husband, etc but it doesn't feel necessary with the abbreviations at hand.

• Smiley Gifts World
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #23 on: November 02, 2007, 06:28:02 PM »
I do it because on a forum like this there will always be people who don't know that Daniel is my husband or Jonas is my son, etc. and I don't feel like always writing Daniel, my husband, or Jonas, my son, each time I refer to them. Its so much easier to have commonly known abbreviations. Yes, I could write out husband, etc but it doesn't feel necessary with the abbreviations at hand.
I think this sums up how I feel!

« Reply #24 on: November 02, 2007, 07:50:21 PM »
I thought I was the only one who found it silly.  I can't imagine referring to my husband as "darling husband" in conversation.   ;D

I think that's another reason it bothers me - my husband and I only use words like 'dear' or 'darling' when we're being snotty to each other. :P

« Reply #25 on: November 02, 2007, 07:52:07 PM »
DH - dumb/daft/dumbass husband ;D

« Reply #26 on: November 03, 2007, 09:17:33 PM »
DH, DW, etc dont bother me.

As far as using first names goes... if you're comfortable with it, then fine.  But some people (like me) like to try to be slightly anonymous.  If I'm not telling the entire world-wide-web MY name on this forum, then I'm not telling them my husband's name either.   DH is just easier.   
I agree.  I try to only use names in PM's or on very limited access message boards. 

« Reply #27 on: November 04, 2007, 07:41:27 AM »
I agree.  I try to only use names in PM's or on very limited access message boards. 

it boggles my mind how many people spill so much personal detail on the web!  :-\\\\

« Reply #28 on: November 04, 2007, 08:37:04 AM »
I don't even WANT to say what comes to mind everytime I see DF.  ;) I don't like text speak either.
Deb

'If it's too loud, you're too old!!'

' Regret the things you do, not the things you didn't'

http://debbiesmomentsintime.blogspot.com/

« Reply #29 on: November 04, 2007, 09:13:29 AM »
I don't really mind using my husband or kids' names on posts but I usually only do so if I'm responding to a post where the originator knows who I am. Other times it's just force of habit to type their names.

I don't even WANT to say what comes to mind everytime I see DF.  ;)
  ;D   Me too!

Sponsored Links