Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: What is DH?  (Read 7410 times)

Re: What is DH?
« Reply #45 on: November 09, 2007, 03:52:31 PM »
I call people darling all the time...

Me too. I usually call my dh "darling" too. Or sometimes "git" - just depends really.  ;)

Every second counts in *everyone's* life.  That has nothing to do with how rich we are.

That's really nice, Andee. And very true.  :)

• Banned

• Damn it, Spock, breathe!
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #46 on: November 09, 2007, 03:57:46 PM »
Chary,

No, I'm not okay. Since I broke my upper arm and then shoulder in three places, I'm in constant and severe pain, and it doesn't seem to be getting any better. I have to touch type with my left hand, and it takes forever.

More important, I'm still deeply depressed about my mom's death, while my insensitive dad has just gone out and bought an engagement ring for someone 32 years younger than him. He's saved up a lot of money over the years, has a house in a very up-scale neighborhood, and so on. So this woman, who's only six years older than I am, and younger than my four older brothers, just has to kick back and wait a few years for him to die, then she gets everything that should have gone to my mom, instead of its being evenly distributed among his kids. Everyone else seems to see the master plan, except for my dad. Then he had the audacity to send out a happy wedding announcement to just about everyone he knows (all of whom know that it's been less than two months since my mom died), saying he's never been happier in his life. How much more disrespectful and insulting to my mom can he BE?

In the meantime, he's been milking my mother-in-law for sympathy, saying he's so lonely he's considering suicide (of course, he didn't send the two previous wedding announcements to her, in which he describes how happy he is--as if the truth wouldn't get back to her). I gently suggested to him on the phone last night that perhaps he should consider getting a prenuptial agreement, but he wouldn't hear of it, and considering we've just started talking for well over a year, I didn't want to jeopardize things by pushing it. Then he put me on the phone with her and we really didn't have much to say, so I asked her if she loved my dad, and after a five-second gap, she said, "Uh, yeah. I guess so."

So I AM very angry about things these days, and I'm sorry if I've slipped up on the forum.

Thank you for asking.

Suzanne
« Last Edit: November 09, 2007, 04:03:35 PM by Suzanne »

• Snaps
  • Liked: 11
« Reply #47 on: November 09, 2007, 04:10:01 PM »
No, I'm not okay.

I certainly don't want to belittle what you're going through. And, believe me, I know what it's like to lose someone close to you. And, yes, it does make one angry. But you have to realise when you're taking that anger out on other people. It's not nice. Sometimes stepping back and taking a deep breath (and re-reading) before you press 'Post' is a good thing.
My Project 365 photo blog: Snaps!

• You'll Never Walk Alone
  • Liked: 8
« Reply #48 on: November 09, 2007, 04:18:09 PM »
And back to our regularly scheduled programme....

I don't use the DH and DS and stuff like that.

But, my husband does refer to me as "Darling" when we e-mail during the day, and we always sign off with "I love you".

Married 5 years next March.   [smiley=love.gif]

(And I don't use text-spelling when texting, either.  I spell words out, but maybe shorten sentences, like chary).  And I get at least one text a day from my husband that simply says "I love you" - usually when he knows I'm on the train or bus.  It makes me smile.
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."

- Benjamin Franklin

« Reply #49 on: November 09, 2007, 04:53:56 PM »
[...]we always sign off with "I love you".

Married 5 years next March.   [smiley=love.gif]

We always say "I love you" instead of goodbye, too.  Mr. Moggs just associates some terms of endearment with his dad who says them to take the mickey. 

6 years this past October.   ;D

« Reply #50 on: November 09, 2007, 05:10:06 PM »
I'm sorry dh bugs some people, but I can't really think of something else to call him besides my husband all the time.  I just can't see him as a Mr. P. ;)  A friend on her blog calls her husband Mr. Me maybe I should try that.

But he always says I love you when he gets off the phone.  He says it right before he leaves in the morning (he's out the door first).  Even when we are mad, he'll still do it.  Plus, he ends arguments with 'I'm sorry, you know I love you right?'  It's nice.  But I have noticed as time has gone on, he says it very quick and it's always very quiet when he says it while speaking to me from his office.  He doesn't seem to mind saying it, as long as no one else EVER hears it.   ;)

« Reply #51 on: November 10, 2007, 05:59:40 PM »
I'm sorry dh bugs some people

I'm not sorry!  ;D

FFS, it's just an abbreviation for the sake of quickness on an internet forum!
It's not really designed to be a statement of how much you love or dont love your partner.

DH is an easy shorthand way of referring to my husband without using his name or typing 'my husband' every single time.  Same with MIL, FIL.  What's the big deal?   ::)

Exactly!
« Last Edit: November 11, 2007, 07:54:28 AM by Q-G »

« Reply #52 on: November 10, 2007, 11:15:38 PM »
Every second counts in *everyone's* life.  That has nothing to do with how rich we are.

Silly girl.  Everything is about how rich we are.  ::)

« Reply #53 on: November 13, 2007, 10:27:47 PM »
Yes, I have a Bill Gates-like schedule in which every second counts. 

DH is an easy shorthand way of referring to my husband without using his name or typing 'my husband' every single time.  Same with MIL, FIL.  What's the big deal?   ::)

No offense to anyone but I second this. What IS the big deal?

« Reply #54 on: November 14, 2007, 08:42:17 AM »
No offense to anyone but I second this. What IS the big deal?
Not a big deal at all. Just a discussion.

« Reply #55 on: November 14, 2007, 12:38:16 PM »
I don't find DS, DH, DD, etc. annoying when other people use them.  I just feel weird about using them myself.

Not a big deal to me either.  I'm happy for you to abbreviate if that makes things simpler, if you're happy for me to keep typing out husband.
doing laundry

« Reply #56 on: November 16, 2007, 07:09:42 PM »
Not a big deal to me either.  I'm happy for you to abbreviate if that makes things simpler, if you're happy for me to keep typing out husband.

works for me!! :)

Sponsored Links