Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: NY Consulate couriers -- any experiences?  (Read 609 times)

• TV geek for hire
    • Mclevey Art
  • Liked: 0
NY Consulate couriers -- any experiences?
« on: November 02, 2007, 02:31:14 PM »
Hi all,

Now that the in-person appointment isn't an option, I'm stuck using a courier. Has anyone used anyone in NYC that they could recommend?

I've done some searching and am having a damn hard time finding websites for any of the companies listed on the britainusa.com list.

Also, if anyone has used a company recently, approximately how much did it cost?

Thanks a lot,

jen
Another shameless promotion for www.mclevey.com, the best place on the internet to buy art.

• TV geek for hire
    • Mclevey Art
Re: NY Consulate couriers -- any experiences?
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2007, 10:07:29 AM »
Dug up this thread to answer my own question....

I used Help U Travel, which is one of the companies on the Consulate's website. I called about half the list to get prices, etc.

Help U Travel's staff were friendly on the phone and in person. While others were charging up to $200, they only charged $75. (A few others charged $75, too.)

I flew into NYC Monday night, dropped stuff off Tuesday at 10 am, got an e-mail Wednesday at noon saying it was approved, and picked it up Wednesday at 5.

One big thing is to have a number you can be reached at. I didn't bring my Sprint cell phone with me, so I just had to give my friend's number, but then I didn't see him on Wednesday until around 7, when he told me they'd called to tell me where they left my passport.

Because I didn't know this, I went to the office and it was closed. I got to call them on their cell phone (the number is printed on their business card, thankfully) and they told me it was left downstairs with the guard.

A minor snafu in an otherwise smooth process, though.
Another shameless promotion for www.mclevey.com, the best place on the internet to buy art.

• www.jessglassphotographic.com
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2007, 02:07:04 PM »
Very helpful...thank you!
Me- US  He- UK
09/06- First met
12/06- My first trip to the UK
4/07- His first trip to the US
May 5 2007- Engaged
5/07 thru 6/07- My second trip to the UK
8/07 thru 9/07- His second trip to the US
December 29 2007- Married!
1/08- Visa application in NYC
6/2/08- My son and I join hubby in Poole
29/12/09 Celebrate 1 Year Anniversary
14/2/09 Wedding Celebration
7/1/10 Apply for ILR
7/2/10 Received passports in the mail... We can stay!!
15/9/10 Welcomed new baby Miles into the world!!!

• Liked: 1
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2008, 02:57:06 AM »
hi i used A1 from that list i think is the name... they charged 150 dollars, got it quick well worth it if u ask me;)

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2008, 09:41:07 PM »
Hi

My partner and I used "A New Yorker Visa and Passport Services" as listed on the consulate site. The woman who handled it was great. We dropped everything off with her, she checked the whole thing through with us, took it in and picked it up personally. It cost $100.

You won't often find websites as most of these companies are tiny or one-man-bands. The best thing is to call a few and get a feel for them. I tried 5, 2 of whom were recommended on here but I didn't get the right vibe from them. I went with the one I liked the most on the phone and it worked for me, but you may prefer someone else.

The experience should have worried me to death but because of her attitude I didn't fret at all. If you pick someone who makes you feel comfortable, it's well worth it!

Best of luck :)

Sponsored Links