Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: hello  (Read 542 times)

hello
« on: April 05, 2004, 02:46:33 PM »
Just wanted to post here and say hi. Name is Barb. Been on here before..but because of unforseen circumstances I had not been able to be on line much in the last year. I am from Colorado orginally. I am one of the older expats here..I think. Over 50. Know its a little late to be moving abroad..but I married a Brit four and a half years a go and been here since.
I enjoy just lurking and reading all the posts. See there is alot of people who have the same feelings and problems I do.  Thanks for having such a good site. It keeps me connected with other Americans. ::)
« Last Edit: April 06, 2004, 01:01:30 PM by bluerose »

• Liked: 1
Re: hello
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2004, 04:06:29 PM »
Hi Barb and Welcome to UKY!  I don't think it's ever too late to move or have a new experience in life!  Bravo to you for having the courage to do it.  So many would not!  

The wiring in our brain is not static, not irrevocably fixed.  Our brains are adaptable. -Mattieu Ricard

Being ignorant is not so much a shame as being unwilling to learn. -Benjamin Franklin

I have long since come to believe that people never mean half of what they say, and that it is best to disregard their talk and judge only their actions. -D.Day

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2004, 04:11:12 PM »
 Hiya Barb,glad to meet you  :)

Your never too old to make changes in your  life;that what life is all about.If we didnt have changes then we would very bored buggers! ;)

We have plenty older peeps on the forum  as well,and the different age groups here keeps it interesting to say the least!

So glad that you find comfort here.We might not always see eye to eye but we still can be there for each other when need be.

Rhia

• tebs
  • AmericanTexBrit

• Portrait and Wedding Photographer
    • Murakami Photography
  • Liked: 2
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2004, 02:01:41 PM »
Hi Barb :)  You will find lots of supportive people here, and quite a few who aren't so young :)

Sponsored Links