Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Biometric?  (Read 1446 times)

Biometric?
« on: December 04, 2007, 02:02:22 AM »
where can I go to get this done I went to the main website and it only says you have to schedule and appointment but how or where? Im from california.

Has anyone had this done yet?

• Liked: 0
Re: Biometric?
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2007, 03:42:30 AM »
There was an advisory posted just a couple of days ago.

http://www.uk-yankee.com/articles/advocacy.php?itemid=84&catid=10

I looked around and put in the zip code I plan to be married in, and was pleased to find I'll be able to get my appointment about 20 minutes away from where I'll be staying.  :) 

Here is the page you can look up the nearest center from your zip code:

https://egov.uscis.gov/crisgwi/go?action=offices.type&OfficeLocator.office_type=ASC

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2007, 03:50:34 AM »
oh good thanks for the fast reply

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2007, 04:52:39 PM »
Right, I have skimmed and phoned and to no avail.  I am clueless about where to get an appointment or how to get one for that matter.  Someone please help me, I am applying from Wisconsin if that helps.

• Banned

• Liked: 4
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2007, 04:58:56 PM »
I think that once you submit the application is will be clear.

Vicky

« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2007, 05:09:02 PM »
Thank you muchly for the response!  I will sit and wait patiently although the visa process is trying it quite a bit.

« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2007, 05:45:18 PM »
Right, I have skimmed and phoned and to no avail.  I am clueless about where to get an appointment or how to get one for that matter.  Someone please help me, I am applying from Wisconsin if that helps.

Just FYI, there is a place where they collect your "data" in downtown Milwaukee, that's where I'm getting married, I looked it up on their site.  (Second link in my post above.)  I don't know if there are any places closer to wherever you are but you can put your zip code in and find out...it eased my mind that there was a place so nearby.  Haha, I have crazier things to keep my mind busy worrying about now.

Milwaukee, WI.
The address is: USCIS Application Support Center 310 East Knapp Street First Floor, Room 154 Milwaukee, WI 53202-4504.

• Also known as PB&J ;-)
  • Liked: 844
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2007, 08:17:10 PM »
I'll let you know how this goes, I'm submitting my entry clearance visa today and will be doing the biometrics soon!

Edited to say: Will be going for biometric scanning on Saturday.  It was self explanatory in the visa application - you just put in at the beginning your location and it lets you pick the processing center and after you pay/submit, it will let you make an appointment at the center. 
« Last Edit: December 06, 2007, 12:19:07 AM by phatbeetle »
I've never gotten food on my underpants!
Work permit (2007) to British Citizen (2014)
You're stuck with me!

« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2007, 10:23:43 AM »
I'll let you know how this goes, I'm submitting my entry clearance visa today and will be doing the biometrics soon!

Edited to say: Will be going for biometric scanning on Saturday.  It was self explanatory in the visa application - you just put in at the beginning your location and it lets you pick the processing center and after you pay/submit, it will let you make an appointment at the center. 

You make the appointment online? 

« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2007, 10:51:44 AM »
It is wonderful to know I am not alone and thank you all for your responses.  I should get my info back next week, fingers crossed.

« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2007, 12:49:38 PM »
For whoever goes through the new biometric procedure first or anyone going through it, would someone mind sharing the experience? I'd like to add it in to the advisory or post it somewhere for future peeps reference.

Feel free to post here or pm me.

• Also known as PB&J ;-)
« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2007, 01:23:50 PM »
Yes, I made the appointment online.  They provide you with an email confirmation and you can change the appointment if you need to. 

Once I go on Saturday for my biometrics, I'll be more than happy to post the entire experience. 

You're stuck with me!

• Banned

• Liked: 4
« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2007, 01:25:15 PM »
Yes, I made the appointment online.  They provide you with an email confirmation and you can change the appointment if you need to. 

Once I go on Saturday for my biometrics, I'll be more than happy to post the entire experience. 

What was the latest you could set the appointment?

Vicky

• Also known as PB&J ;-)
« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2007, 01:30:08 PM »
I think the latest you could do it was 4 weeks after you submit your visa application.
You're stuck with me!

« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2007, 01:52:04 PM »
Thank you very much!  That is helpful information.  :)

Sponsored Links